Author Topic: Gates slams O-TWINK again - "never welled up at MOA ceremony, unlike W"  (Read 875 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates has strongly criticized President Obama's passion for the nation's military - contrasting his attitude strongly with that of his predecessor President George W. Bush.

In his forthcoming memoir 'Duty', Gates claims that he never once saw Obama become emotional during a Medal Of Honor ceremony - claiming that his coldness was in stark contrast with Bush, who would regularly 'well up'.

Declaring himself to be 'disturbed' by this 'absence of passion', Gates goes onto say that the only time he saw his commander-in-chief become animated during his time in the administration was during Obama's push to repeal 'don't ask, don't tell.'

Cold: Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates says that he found President Obama cold and passionless at Medal of Honor ceremony's

While Robert Gates claimed that he regularly saw President George W. Bush well up and become emotional at similar ceremonies

Cold: Former Defense Secretary Robert Gates says that he found President Obama cold and passionless at Medal of Honor ceremony's Robert Gates claimed that he regularly saw President George W. Bush well up and become emotional at similar ceremonies

'One quality I missed in Obama was passion, especially when it came to the two wars,' Gates wrote.

'In my presence, Bush -- very unlike his father -- was pretty unsentimental. But he was passionate about the war in Iraq; on occasion, at a Medal of Honor ceremony or the like, I would see his eyes well up.

'I worked for Obama longer than Bush, and I never saw his eyes well up.'

In his opinion, Obama was most concerned with getting rid of the United States' military policy barring openly gay soldiers from serving - and with his Affordable Care Act.

Gates wrote that 'the only military matter, apart from leaks, about which I ever sensed deep passion on his part was 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell.'

'For him, changing the law seemed to be the inevitable next step in the civil rights movement. He presumably was also passionate about health care reform, but I wasn't present for those discussions.'

U.S. President George W. Bush (R) is joined by Defense Secretary Robert Gates before the start of the Army versus Navy football game in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, December 6, 2008
U.S. President George W. Bush (R) is joined by Defense Secretary Robert Gates before the start of the Army versus Navy football game in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, December 6, 2008

U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates (R) at Gate's farewell ceremony at the Pentagon near Washington, June 30, 2011
U.S. President Barack Obama shakes hands with U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates (R) at Gate's farewell ceremony at the Pentagon near Washington, June 30, 2011

Responding to the criticism from Gates' book, former White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs vigorously defended the president and said that, 'I think one of the things you take away, at least from the excerpts of this book, is that Bob Gates doesn't like any questions about Bob Gates,' Gibbs said on NBC's Meet the Press.

John McCain called former Defense Secretary Robert Gates 'obviously very frustrated' and criticized the release of Gates' new book as part of a series of remarks on foreign policy on Sunday.

He also suggested retired general David Petraeus return to Iraq to deal with growing violence there.

McCain (R-AZ) made the remarks as part of an interview with Candy Crowley on CNN's 'State of the Union' on Sunday.

McCain said that if he were Gates, he would have waited to release the book, 'Duty: Memoirs of Secretary at War,' which is said to include sharp criticism of President Obama's handling of the war in Afghanistan.

Sen. John McCain, seen in this file photo, said he thought former Defense Secretary was 'obviously very frustrated' and 'let loose' with the release of his new memoir
Sen. John McCain, seen in this file photo, said he thought former Defense Secretary was 'obviously very frustrated' and 'let loose' with the release of his new memoir

Gates, seen here on the cover of his new book 'Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary of War,' reportedly accuses President Barack Obama of showing too little enthusiasm for the U.S. war mission in Afghanistan in the work
Gates, seen here on the cover of his new book 'Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary of War,' reportedly accuses President Barack Obama of showing too little enthusiasm for the U.S. war mission in Afghanistan in the work

'I think, frankly, I might've -- if I had given him advice -- I would've waited,' McCain said. 'As far as waiting until it's over in Afghanistan, I wouldn't have done that. But maybe [in] retrospect, a little longer than now.'

'He's obviously very frustrated and felt -- which by the way surprised all of us who know him -- and he's decided to really kind of let loose.'

McCain however, described Gates as 'one of the finest public servants I have known.'

More...
 Lone Survivor tops weekend box office with whopping $38.5 million, pushing Disney's Frozen to the number two spot
 'We're not done!': Reporter corners arrogant CEO after he tries to avoid questions over chemical spillage that's left 300,000 people without water...while he brazenly drinks bottled water on camera

The senator also seemed to praise the skills of Petraeus and former ambassador Ryan Crocker.

'I would suggest perhaps sending David Petraeus and Ambassador [Ryan] Crocker back over [to Iraq],' McCain said to CNN anchor Candy Crowley. '(Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri) Al-Maliki trusts them.'

Petraeus also served as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency until his 2012 resignation, after news of his affair with biographer Paula Broadwell became public. 

Crocker served as the US ambassador to Iraq from 2007 to 2009, as well as ambassador to Afghanistan from 2009 to 2012. He retired in 2012 due to unknown health reasons, NPR reported at the time.

McCain also said he believed Iraq 'is not a lost cause' and that the United States may be able to offer logistical support.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538312/John-McCain-says-Robert-Gates-obviously-frustrated-let-loose-release-new-book-slamming-Obamas-handling-Afghanistan.html#ixzz2qJrNy3OP
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

AND PEOPLE WONDER WHY I CALL HIM O-TWINK? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2538312/John-McCain-says-Robert-Gates-obviously-frustrated-let-loose-release-new-book-slamming-Obamas-handling-Afghanistan.html

Not surprising.  O-FRIENDTOTERRORISTS hate the troops

Robert Gates is a Republican and despite that, Obama kept him around for 4 years when generally they are usually dismissed.  Its surprising that he waited until after he received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from Obama that he would start shooting off his yapper so I question his motives for the book.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
 ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Does not surprise me one bit.  Consistent with everything I've heard about his views of armed forces. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
When was the last time O-FUCK visited the troops for anything?  Anyone? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
When was the last time O-FUCK visited the troops for anything?  Anyone? 

Christmas time while he was in Hawaii.  In between his golfing, eating, hiking, eating shave ice, sleeping in, gazing at the ocean, tying up traffic, etc. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama more upset over twinks in the military than 26 SEALS dying, thousands of troops, etc.

Says all you need to know about this worthless ghetto shithead

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Christmas time while he was in Hawaii.  In between his golfing, eating, hiking, eating shave ice, sleeping in, gazing at the ocean, tying up traffic, etc. 

No - ones who are deployed in hot spots ? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
No - ones who are deployed in hot spots ? 

I think it was Afghanistan on the one-year anniversary of Bin Laden's killing?  Everything he does is calculated. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Gates slams O-TWINK again - "never welled up at MOA ceremony, unlike W"
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 02:45:40 PM »
I think it was Afghanistan on the one-year anniversary of Bin Laden's killing?  Everything he does is calculated. 

Only the Vince G's of the world still buy into this shit show

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Stupidest shit ever.  We're criticizing men for not crying in public now?  Completely and totally ghey. 

Soul Crusher, had you been born into certain muslim societies you would revel in the job of publicly hitting women with sticks when they weren't sufficiently covered up, wouldn't you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 09:02:37 PM »
Stupidest shit ever.  We're criticizing men for not crying in public now?  Completely and totally ghey. 

Soul Crusher, had you been born into certain muslim societies you would revel in the job of publicly hitting women with sticks when they weren't sufficiently covered up, wouldn't you?

Read the article  - o-fag cared only about fags fucking each other - nothing else

AF1 goes down w him in it - I cheer

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 09:22:29 PM »
Read the article  - o-fag cared only about fags fucking each other - nothing else

AF1 goes down w him in it - I cheer

I will NOT read the article, you nut-bar.  You are criticizing a MAN for not getting weepy in public. 

That is ghey and that is all.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 03:42:11 AM »
I will NOT read the article, you nut-bar.  You are criticizing a MAN for not getting weepy in public. 

That is ghey and that is all.

Not only that but the substance of the article - where gates says obama only cared about repealing dont ask dontell

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:00 AM »
"I never doubted Obama's support for the troops ..."

"I believe Obama was right in each of these decisions."

- Robert Gates, Duty: Memoirs of a Secretary at War

End of thread.

He said Obama did not believe in the mission