Author Topic: Texting argument leaves one dead, another hurt in movie theater shooting  (Read 2433 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
stand your movie ground

Source: Tampa Bay Times

WESLEY CHAPEL — An argument between patrons over texting sparked a shooting that left one person dead and another injured in a Pasco County movie theater Monday, sheriff's officials said.

The moviegoers were sitting in the dark for the 1:20 p.m. show of Lone Survivor at the Cobb Grove 16 theater near Interstate 75.

Sheriff Chris Nocco said a man and his wife got into an argument with another couple, seated in front of them, who were texting and making noise. The man in back asked the other man to stop, then pulled a .380 semi-automatic handgun and shot him and the woman.

The male victim was flown to a Tampa area hospital and later confirmed dead. The woman was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

Read more: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/two-people-shot-at-wesley-chapel-movie-theater/2160784

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
It's a tragedy, and the shooter, old retired cop, will now go to prison for murder.

At least maybe now less people will text during the movie.  I hate it when they do that.   >:(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I have carried a legally concealed weapon since 1997.  It's like a tool to me, part of the daily pocket check (key, wallet, cell phone, gun).  i've never capped anyone.  I've even taken an ass whooping once and never pulled it.  You don't pull it unless you're in fear of your life, or to stop a forcible felony.

What I DO NOT LIKE is the new crop of laws... Back in the day, you had a "duty to retreat".  You were legally obligated to make some kind of effort to back up, de-escalate the situation.  When both men did that, there was no gun battle.  When one backed up, and one advanced, then BOOM, the evidence showed who was the aggressor in the confrontation.

Now, it's a bunch of insecure pricks, holding their dicks, refusing to just step back and let a situation calm down.  "Stand your ground".  I hope they throw the old man in jail for the shooting.  And the texting guy, well, he should have employed common sense and taken 5 steps backwards.  I'm betting he was talking shit, chest bumping too. 

It's perfectly fine to carry a legally concealed weapon to a movie theater.  We saw in Colorado how much damage one armed madman can do in a movie theater.  The interview with the dude in the theater - that part was stupid.   Guns can save lives.  What cost lives here was ego and macho bullshit.  People - it takes MORE GUTS to keep your gun in the holster and step back from a violent confrontation.  I'm 190 pounds, in very good shape, armed and I can fight - and I do everything I can to step back from any possible fight.  People die - FAST - and lives are changed forever.  Just walk away.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Some real nuts in Florida.   :-\

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
blackting up again?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Prosecutors: This wasn't the first blow-up for Florida theater shooter Curtis Reeves [View all]

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/15/justice/florida-movie-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

(CNN) -- A few weeks before a texting dispute turned deadly inside a Florida theater, suspect Curtis Reeves had another run-in with a moviegoer, prosecutors said.

During Reeves' first court appearance on Tuesday, prosecutors said they had heard from another theater patron who said the 71-year-old former Tampa cop saw her texting and "glared at her the entire time throughout the movie" during a screening about three weeks ago.

When the woman got up to use the restroom, Reeves followed her and "made her very uncomfortable," prosecutors said.

CNN affiliate WTSP later identified the woman as Jamira Dixon of Wesley Chapel, the Tampa suburb where Monday's shooting took place.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
That old dude needs Redbox.  Or even the shitty selection at NetFlix.

People are going to use their cells to text during movies.  It's just going to happen.  Accept they are part of society already.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That old dude needs Redbox.  Or even the shitty selection at NetFlix.

People are going to use their cells to text during movies.  It's just going to happen.  Accept they are part of society already.

where he's going texting isn't going to be a problem  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
where he's going texting isn't going to be a problem  ;D

:D

Things change.  In the 70s, it was pot smoke in theaters.
In the 80s, it was beepers and walkmans in theaters.
In the 90s, it was cell phones in theaters.
Now, it's texting.

If you don't like texting, $9 popcorn, or loud ass people, just buy a decent big screen TV* and sit home and enjoy the movie 6 months after it's in the theater on RedBox. 

*Note, I don't have a big screen tv.  I have a nice 29-inch LCD Walmart special for $159  ;D

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
stand your movie ground

Source: Tampa Bay Times

WESLEY CHAPEL — An argument between patrons over texting sparked a shooting that left one person dead and another injured in a Pasco County movie theater Monday, sheriff's officials said.

The moviegoers were sitting in the dark for the 1:20 p.m. show of Lone Survivor at the Cobb Grove 16 theater near Interstate 75.

Sheriff Chris Nocco said a man and his wife got into an argument with another couple, seated in front of them, who were texting and making noise. The man in back asked the other man to stop, then pulled a .380 semi-automatic handgun and shot him and the woman.

The male victim was flown to a Tampa area hospital and later confirmed dead. The woman was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

Read more: http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/two-people-shot-at-wesley-chapel-movie-theater/2160784

Netflix could use this in their ad campaign. Much safer to stay home. less nutcases.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
What I wanna know is HOW ON EARTH DOES SOMEONE TEXT "NOISILY?"  Seriously!  ???

Talk about a grumpy old man!   ::)
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
It's hard to believe a retired police/peace officer would over react like that

very odd behavior

>:(

240 is Back

• Getbig V

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
It's hard to believe a retired police/peace officer would over react like that

very odd behavior

>:(

What? When you got Ronnie COL man looking like a big piece of horseshit, anything can haooen
$

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Ban former cops.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
Deport them to mars after they retire
Bwahahaha
$

chadstallion

• Getbig IV

Talk about a grumpy old man!   ::)
using SIRI
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
using SIRI

Thanks

Wait a minute...  What the heck ever happened to thumbs?  ???
w