Author Topic: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee  (Read 112369 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Presidential Candidates 2016: 10 Democrats Who Might Be the Next Nominee
« Reply #775 on: February 29, 2016, 07:41:43 PM »
Wait.  Are you acknowledging that you didn't realize these are not Superdelegates who represent a particular state? 
I am acknowledging that Superdelegates don't count until a candidate is selected from the primaries.  Only then do they cast their vote according to the popular vote.

Fine my one instance where they voted en masse for someone who was not the primary nominee.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #776 on: February 29, 2016, 08:39:47 PM »
I am acknowledging that Superdelegates don't count until a candidate is selected from the primaries.  Only then do they cast their vote according to the popular vote.

Fine my one instance where they voted en masse for someone who was not the primary nominee.

Let's recap:

1.  You claimed Superdelegates never vote differently from the primary election outcomes in each state:

Again, they NEVER break ranks from how their states vote.

The Republican Superdelegates have threatened to do it for years and they also have NEVER done it.

Hope this helps.

2.  You clearly had no idea that members of Congress and every Democrat governor are Superdelegates:

Q: Who gets to be a Superdelegate?

A: Every Democratic member of Congress, House and Senate, is a Superdelegate (240 total). Every Democratic governor is a Superdelegate (20 total). Certain “distinguished party leaders,” 20 in all, are given Superdelegate status. And finally, the Democratic National Committee names an additional 432 Superdelegates—an honor that typically goes to mayors, chairs and vice-chairs of the state party, and other dignitaries.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/after-sanders-big-win-in-new-hampshire-establishme.html

3.  You are still struggling with the concept that the Superdelegates who have pledged their support are not bound nor do they at this point care about the outcome of individual state primaries and caucuses. 

4.  Even if they follow the popular vote, Hillary is going to crush Sanders in the popular vote.  Did you not see what just happened in South Carolina?  It will only get worse after Super Tuesday. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #777 on: February 29, 2016, 08:57:56 PM »
Let's recap:

1.  You claimed Superdelegates never vote differently from the primary election outcomes in each state:

2.  You clearly had no idea that members of Congress and every Democrat governor are Superdelegates:

Q: Who gets to be a Superdelegate?

A: Every Democratic member of Congress, House and Senate, is a Superdelegate (240 total). Every Democratic governor is a Superdelegate (20 total). Certain “distinguished party leaders,” 20 in all, are given Superdelegate status. And finally, the Democratic National Committee names an additional 432 Superdelegates—an honor that typically goes to mayors, chairs and vice-chairs of the state party, and other dignitaries.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/after-sanders-big-win-in-new-hampshire-establishme.html

3.  You are still struggling with the concept that the Superdelegates who have pledged their support are not bound nor do they at this point care about the outcome of individual state primaries and caucuses. 

4.  Even if they follow the popular vote, Hillary is going to crush Sanders in the popular vote.  Did you not see what just happened in South Carolina?  It will only get worse after Super Tuesday. 
Primaries are not won by popular vote genius.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #778 on: February 29, 2016, 11:05:17 PM »
Show me where they voted en masse against the primary popular vote. 

the only prevention for them doing it is "well, they've never done it before..."

I dislike that. 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #779 on: March 01, 2016, 06:57:13 AM »
DE, you are misreading what TA is saying.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #780 on: March 01, 2016, 08:16:11 AM »
Primaries are not won by popular vote genius.

O Rly?  You mean the candidate with the most votes in a primary doesn't receive the most delegates in that state's primary? 

And, as I said, you obviously did not know that members of Congress and every Democrat governor are Superdelegates. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #781 on: March 01, 2016, 11:39:17 AM »
Bernie Sanders Seems to Have Forgotten a Few of His Votes
That's the problem with his holier-than-thou attitude.
By Patrick Caldwell
Tue Mar. 1, 2016

Bernie Sanders has been increasingly direct in his attacks against Hillary Clinton's past positions. But there's only one problem with his holier-than- thou narrative: Sanders' own voting record shows he's often voted for similar measures.

Sanders and his supporters seem to consider political consistency as the main measure of a politician's character. "You can be a moderate. You can be a progressive. But you cannot be a moderate and a progressive," Bernie subtweeted Clinton last month. But Sanders has been in the House or Senate for more than 25 years, and during all that time, any politician's voting record is bound to have some inconsistencies. Sanders is no exception. At times he's voted in favor of bills on national security, criminal justice, and immigration that he says he now opposes, attacking Clinton for casting the same votes that he did.

When President Barack Obama announced his plan to shutter the controversial detention facility in Guantanamo Bay last week, Sanders sent out a press release that made sure to ding Clinton over a vote she took that included language to keep Guantanamo Bay open. "Sanders was one of only three senators to vote in 2007 against barring the transfer of Guantanamo detainees to America," the release said. "Then-Sen. Hillary Clinton voted for the amendment that kept the prison open."

It's true that Clinton voted for a resolution in 2007 that said detainees from the prison "should not be released into American society," but that same year she co-sponsored legislation that directly stated the island prison should be shut down and that some prisoners should be transferred to US facilities. But Sanders voted in favor of a 2009 bill that more directly kept the prison open. And when, early in his presidency, Obama was exploring options to close Guantanamo, the Senate voted 90-6 in favor of a measure that barred the president from moving any detainees into prisons on the US mainland. Sanders was one of the 90 who voted in favor of the measure that rebuked Obama.

The Sanders campaign has also been hammering Clinton over the 1994 crime bill that increased penalties for repeat offenders and added funding to build more prisons. "What he does not do is throw people under the bus when it's politically expedient," Sanders' campaign manager Jeff Weaver said on MSNBC earlier this month. "Whether it was in 1994 when then First Lady Clinton called African American youths 'super predators' to push a terrible crime bill or whether it was using coded language in 1996 to pass welfare reform, or whether it was throwing gay people under the bus with DOMA. That's not what Bernie Sanders does. He stands tall with people even when the fight is not popular." Except Sanders failed to "stand tall" against the popular fight in 1994. He sided with the majority of Democrats when he was a member of the House and voted for the crime bill that  Bill Clinton signed into law. When Sanders tried last week to explain his support for the 1994 bill, he cited the bill's ban on assault weapons as part of his reason—except the initial House version that he voted for didn't include the assault weapons ban, a provision added by the Senate.

Then there is Sanders' criticism of Clinton on immigration. During a pre-Nevada TV town hall, Sanders threw shade at Clinton on Twitter for saying she'd seek to end the 3-year and 10-year bans on allowing immigrants who overstayed their visa to return to the country.

The only problem? Sanders voted for the measure. It was part of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 that passed as part of the defense appropriations bill that year.

As Clinton has frequently pointed out during debates when Sanders challenges her financial-reform bona fides, Sanders voted for the Commodity Futures Modernization Act in 2000, which eased regulations on Wall Street, thus paving the way for the credit default swaps that sank the economy in the Great Recession.

All of this isn't to say Sanders' attacks lack merit. While Clinton's standard campaign speech has called for a repair of the country's criminal justice system, she has stopped short of a full repudiation of the crime bill her husband signed into law. And, based on her track record representing New York in the Senate, she would have likely joined Sanders in voting for the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, but she hadn't yet been elected to the Senate when it became a law.

But that sort of nuanced measure of political evolutions hasn't been part of Sanders' attacks against Clinton. "When this so-called crime bill was being considered," Weaver, Sanders' campaign manager, said in the press release last week, "Bernie Sanders criticized its harsh incarceration and death penalty provisions. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, resorted to dog whistle politics and dehumanizing language. Bernie was right then and he's right now."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/03/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-voting-history

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #782 on: March 01, 2016, 08:50:00 PM »
Neither Trump nor Perry (both of whom are more successful than Biden) are going to sniff the GOP nomination, so your comparison makes no sense. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: March 02, 2016, 12:18:25 PM »
Delegate count after Super Tuesday:

Hillary  1034
Sanders  408

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/primaries

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: March 02, 2016, 04:23:16 PM »
Delegate count after Super Tuesday:

Hillary  1034
Sanders  408

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/primaries
I don't think you know how to add correctly at all.  I don't think you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/democrats/

Bernie won 41% of pledged delegates so far, with 21.45% of the delegates decided.   Bernie is 3.73% of elected delegates behind, with only 21.45% of elected delegates assigned.

The majority of states left will favor Bernie because the ignorant Hebrew vote is done at this point.

Furthermore, Why are you counting Superdelegates you moron?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/03/01/would-democratic-superdelegates-steal-the-nomination-from-bernie-sanders-probably-not/
Would Democratic superdelegates steal the nomination from Bernie Sanders? Probably not.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #785 on: March 02, 2016, 05:48:19 PM »
The media wants to discourage people from backing Bernie.  They've been doing it from the beginning, by listing the superdelegates under Hillary as a tactic to declare her the winner, before it even got going.  I notice the media today has all but called it for Hillary.

So much for the "liberal media" baloney people try to use.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: March 02, 2016, 06:50:28 PM »
I don't think you know how to add correctly at all.  I don't think you have a clue as to what you are talking about.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/democrats/

Bernie won 41% of pledged delegates so far, with 21.45% of the delegates decided.   Bernie is 3.73% of elected delegates behind, with only 21.45% of elected delegates assigned.

The majority of states left will favor Bernie because the ignorant Hebrew vote is done at this point.

Furthermore, Why are you counting Superdelegates you moron?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2016/03/01/would-democratic-superdelegates-steal-the-nomination-from-bernie-sanders-probably-not/
Would Democratic superdelegates steal the nomination from Bernie Sanders? Probably not.

Settle down before you hurt yourself.  I didn't do any math.  I cut and pasted from the internet, just like you. 

And you still don't understand that all Democrats in Congress are Superdelegates. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: March 04, 2016, 09:55:44 AM »
Jim Webb: I could vote for Trump, but not Hillary
By David Weigel
March 4, 2016

Former Virginia senator Jim Webb (Charlie Neibergall/AP)

In an interview on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Reagan administration veteran-turned-Democratic senator from Virginia turned short-term presidential candidate Jim Webb said twice that he could not support Hillary Clinton if she won the Democratic nomination for president.

“No, I would not vote for Hillary Clinton,” Webb said.

Pressed on whether he would vote for Donald Trump, Webb said he was “not sure” but had not ruled it out.

“It’s nothing personal about Hillary Clinton, but the reason Donald Trump is getting so much support right now is not because of the, you know, ‘racists,’ etc. and etc.,” Webb said. “It’s because a certain group of people are seeing him as the only one who has the courage to say, ‘We’ve got to clean out the stables of the American governmental system right now.’ If you're voting for Donald Trump, you might be getting something very good or very bad. If you’re voting for Hillary Clinton, you’re going to get the same thing. Do you want the same thing?”

Webb, who briefly ran for the Democratic nomination before dropping out and recently ruled out an independent bid for president, had just watched Trump win landslide votes in the part of the country Webb knows best.

In Virginia, the mogul won by 2.8 percent of the vote, but dominated the counties of Appalachia, peaking at 69.7 percent in Buchanan County. That was the sort of place that Webb had seen break from the Democrats during the Obama years. In 2006, during his successful Senate bid, Webb won the county by 12 points. Six years later, when now-Sen. Timothy M. Kaine (D-Va.) ran to replace Webb, he lost Buchanan by 28.6 points — and President Obama lost it by 34.7 points.

Trump is finding a large number of supporters in “coal country” without paying much attention to the Obama administration’s energy policies or to the plight of miners. In his refusal to rule out a Trump vote, Webb was acknowledging the mogul’s surprising appeal to white voters who feel left out of American culture — something that may help him win delegates this weekend in Kentucky and next week in Mississippi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/04/jim-webb-id-vote-for-trump-but-not-clinton/?tid=sm_fb

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: March 07, 2016, 10:13:42 AM »
Current delegate count:

Hillary Clinton  1,130
Bernie Sanders  499

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/presidential-primary-caucus-results

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: March 07, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »
Current delegate count:

Hillary Clinton  1,130
Bernie Sanders  499

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/presidential-primary-caucus-results
Why are you including Superdelegates?  ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
Why are you including Superdelegates?  ???

I've tried to educate you more than once. 

1.  I'm not including anything.  I'm posting what essentially everyone else has reported as the current delegate count.

2.  The Superdelegates being counted are members of Congress and other legislators who are not tied to a particular state. 

We need a special ed class on this board.  lol   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2016, 10:25:33 AM »
I've tried to educate you more than once.  

1.  I'm not including anything.  I'm posting what essentially everyone else has reported as the current delegate count.

2.  The Superdelegates being counted are members of Congress and other legislators who are not tied to a particular state.  

We need a special ed class on this board.  lol   :)
Superdelegates are also NOT tied to a particular candidate.

Again, why include them?

For instance, in 2008, Obama NEVER had the Superdelegate backing that Hillary did, yet he got all of them at the very end.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: March 07, 2016, 10:27:34 AM »
Superdelegates are also NOT tied to a particular candidate.

Again, why include them?

For instance, in 2008, Obama NEVER had the Superdelegate backing that Hillary did, yet he got all of them at the very end.

Dude.  Do you have a learning disability? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: March 07, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
Dude.  Do you have a learning disability? 
I do.  Its called not being able to accept bullshit.

Again, Superdelegates ARE NOT tied to any candidate so including them for one candidate or another is just stupid and wrong.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: March 07, 2016, 10:47:56 AM »
I do.  Its called not being able to accept bullshit.

Again, Superdelegates ARE NOT tied to any candidate so including them for one candidate or another is just stupid and wrong.

I am really starting to think you do have a comprehension problem.  You first claimed Superdelegates never vote differently from their state votes.  In other words, you didn't know that some members of Congress and some Governors are also Superdelegates. 

If you have a problem with how the delegate count is being reported, you should contact CNN, Fox News, and every other outlet reporting the delegate count.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: March 07, 2016, 10:49:03 AM »
I am really starting to think you do have a comprehension problem.  You first claimed Superdelegates never vote differently from their state votes.  In other words, you didn't know that some members of Congress and some Governors are also Superdelegates. 

If you have a problem with how the delegate count is being reported, you should contact CNN, Fox News, and every other outlet reporting the delegate count.
???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #797 on: March 08, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »
Fox News Town Hall - Sanders:

Clinton:

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #798 on: March 08, 2016, 10:22:04 AM »

New York times has just not started to NOT include Superdelegates.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #799 on: March 08, 2016, 12:35:37 PM »
Fox News Town Hall - Sanders:

Clinton:

The Fox News townhall was awesome.  Finally a news station that is fair to Bernie.  Bernie has always been on Fox News and has always been treated with respect and treated fairly.  He has never hesitated to be on that network.  Hillary runs for the hills when she see Fox coming.

Bernie destroyed her here and its clear by the audience that Bernie is the clear winner.