Author Topic: Think about it, we, the usa, used an atomic bomb!  (Read 16686 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Think about it, we, the usa, used an atomic bomb!
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
will never understand how so many people still attempt to justify the bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki, nothing can be said to justify that.. even today american morons still claim the recent japanese earthquakes etc are 'payback' for pearl harbor.. insane when you realise people still think like this
it's insane how anyone can look at a child of 2 years old or even a hundred of them and 100's of 5 year olds and hold them responsible for their governments action and draw the sword unto them, better yet torture them alive by melting them and crushing their bones to death and leaving them for 50+ hours in agony, innocent children and to do it deliberately knowing how much horror will befall these children before they take their last breath. Yes yes nothing demonic about doing any of this to innocent little boys and girls.  ::)

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
That is the point, only Americans feel it was right and brits too, the rest of the world does not, in fact to eradicate innocent civilians, woman and children and utterly slaughter them is mass murder.

So believe the culprit or everyone else, obviously your cause and argument right now comes with an agenda and that is you are a proud American or a Brit right?

The point was not to eradicate civilians and as an American veteran I don't condone that.  I keep siting the rational for the bombings which you continue to ignore.  So I will leave the discussion to an armchair quarterback looking to bash the American military.  What we did in WW2 was by no means perfect but the label you are trying to attach to this action is just plain wrong.  

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:08 AM »
I really like you dude, but I can't disagree more with this line of reasoning.  Had the nukes not been used and the Allies invaded Japan itself, think about the civilian fatalities that would've resulted.  The losses in Dresden, Tokyo, Hiroshima and Nagasaki would have paled in comparison.
propaganda,

and even if this is so, at least melting children alive and crushing their bones would not have been a deliberate act of torture

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »
The point was not to eradicate civilians and as an American veteran I don't condone that.  I keep siting the rational for the bombings which you continue to ignore.  So I will leave the discussion to an armchair quarterback looking to bash the American military.  What we did in WW2 was by no means perfect but the label you are trying to attach to this action is just plain wrong.  

I'm thinking of starting "Team Common Sense."

Walter and Shockwave may be 2 charter members if I proceed. Lol.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
That is your opinion but I am keeping it real, not beating around the bush at all.

Children were killed, they were tortured, they were burnt alive, the were smashed and bones crushed under heavy concrete, they were in enormous amounts of agony and these are children and this was done deliberately and knowingly.

So who is holding a fake position, you or me, it is not me.

nextgen

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
Pearl Harbour death toll: 2,386 (48 - 68 were civilians, most killed by unexploded American anti-aircraft shells landing in civilian areas)

Nagasaki+Hiroshima death toll: 150,000–246,000+ (most of which were civilians)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2014, 09:38:38 AM »
I'm thinking of starting "Team Common Sense."

Walter and Shockwave may be 2 charter members if I proceed. Lol.
ya common sense, lets grab some children set them on fire and watch them melt or let's grab some children and crush and break every bone in their bodies and poke their eyes out and do it to thousands of children and do it deliberately and celebrate, yes go team logic, lmfao. team common sense, hahahahha

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2014, 09:41:40 AM »
ya common sense, lets grab some children set them on fire and watch them melt or let's grab some children and crush and break every bone in their bodies and poke their eyes out and do it to thousands of children and do it deliberately and celebrate, yes go team logic, lmfao. team logic, hahahahha

OTH, I never took you as a cookaloo liberal who ignores facts and only thinks with their heart, not their heads, but it is quickly becoming apparent, the truth is meaningless to you. It is all emotion only.

At least with this topic. How even MORE dead is better just because of the method of them dying is boggling to me.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2014, 09:42:00 AM »
Pearl Harbour death toll: 2,386 (48 - 68 were civilians, most killed by unexploded American anti-aircraft shells landing in civilian areas)

Nagasaki+Hiroshima death toll: 150,000–246,000+ (most of which were civilians)

yup and half of them died slowly and painfully

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:18 AM »
yup and half of them died slowly and painfully

The US alone lost around 400,000? Civilians in ww2 Sherlock. Not counting other countries. Pearl Harbor was not ww2.

Damn quoted wrong quote sorry OTH.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »
OTH, I never took you as a cookaloo liberal who ignores facts and only thinks with their heart, not their heads, but it is quickly becoming apparent, the truth is meaningless to you. It is all emotion only.

At least with this topic. How even MORE dead is better just because of the method of them dying is boggling to me.
back to you too bro, never thought you were the type that enjoyed watching children get burnt alive and justify it.

So I may not think like you but I guarantee, every government on the planet doesn't either, this is barbaric thinking, stone age, not part of the civilized world anymore, you guy are living in the stone age mentality over arrogance and pride of your country.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2014, 09:46:47 AM »
The US alone lost around 400,000? Civilians in ww2 Sherlock. Not counting other countries. Pearl Harbor was not ww2.

Damn quoted wrong quote sorry OTH.
400 000 civilians, the US? like fuck they did

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:48 AM »
back to you too bro, never thought you were the type that enjoyed watching children get burnt alive and justify it.

So I may not think like you but I guarantee, every government on the planet doesn't either, this is barbaric thinking, stone age, not part of the civilized world anymore, you guy are living in the stone age mentality over arrogance and pride of your country.

War is barbaric. It's not my thinking... I just agree with the logic if less deaths. How people die is irrelevant... They are dead.
$

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2014, 09:48:35 AM »
400 000 civilians, the US? like fuck they did

Draft. Not volunteer military. Yes 400k civilians.

I've said this several times already, hence why I said your ignoring the saving lives part.
$

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2014, 09:53:46 AM »

I've said this several times already, hence why I said your ignoring the saving lives part.
enlighten me sir, no body attacked on US soil so I take it these are 400 000 people who just decided to take a vacation to the parts of the world where wars are being fought. You didn't think this through very well, did you? 400 000 american civilians, lmao.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
ya common sense, lets grab some children set them on fire and watch them melt or let's grab some children and crush and break every bone in their bodies and poke their eyes out and do it to thousands of children and do it deliberately and celebrate, yes go team logic, lmfao. team common sense, hahahahha
your argument literally centers around the fact that children were killed, but you continue to ignore thr fact that the japanese used their own kids as suicide bombers on okinawa and would have continued to do so.

your naiive ideas that not dropping the bombs would have somehow meant that less innocents died is wishful thinking at its worst.

im sorry, children died. Its war. Far more would have died had we invaded but thats ok with you because "wonrtsomebody think of the children!!!! Everyone se be damned!!!"

I really like you dude but youre arguing like a woman on her period. Chikdren were going to die either way. Many less died due to the bombs. You can try to rewrite history all you want but those bombs saved lives.

nextgen

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2014, 09:56:08 AM »

in japan's case, the civilians that were killed were infants, babies, women, elderly etc..

in the usa's case, the 'civilians' killed were young men, armed with rifles/weapons, wearing helmets, and shooting back at their enemies

not comparable..

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2014, 10:00:01 AM »
your argument literally centers around the fact that children were killed, but you continue to ignore thr fact that the japanese used their own kids as suicide bombers on okinawa and would have continued to do so.

your naiive ideas that not dropping the bombs would have somehow meant that less innocents died is wishful thinking at its worst.

im sorry, children died. Its war. Far more would have died had we invaded but thats ok with you because "wonrtsomebody think of the children!!!! Everyone se be damned!!!"

I really like you dude but youre arguing like a woman on her period. Chikdren were going to die either way. Many less died due to the bombs. You can try to rewrite history all you want but those bombs saved lives.
your the one taking things personal, I can argue with you for days and days and even cal you an idiot then pay for your air fair, let you stay at my house, get you drunk every day, buy you few hookers, go to the gym like we were best friends, these are perspectives and opinions, nothing more  ;)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2014, 10:02:20 AM »
in japan's case, the civilians that were killed were infants, babies, women, elderly etc..

Millions of dead Chinese civilians morn their loss....

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 10:03:20 AM »
besides I already won this argument before I started as my view is the worlds view, the Geneva conventions view, the united nations view and the entire political view world wide globally, that say enough.  :P

;) ;)

nextgen

• Getbig II
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 10:04:27 AM »
Millions of dead Chinese civilians morn their loss....

try to stay on topic pal, we're discussing the usa's use of two atomic bombs

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 10:09:42 AM »
your the one taking things personal, I can argue with you for days and days and even cal you an idiot then pay for your air fair, let you stay at my house, get you drunk every day, buy you few hookers, go to the gym like we were best friends, these are perspectives and opinions, nothing more  ;)
im not taking it personally, I still love you (all homo), its just that youre literally arguing on idealism and emotion and discarding all logic.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2014, 10:15:17 AM »
im not taking it personally, I still love you (all homo), its just that youre literally arguing on idealism and emotion and discarding all logic.
;D

well my logic is this, the US government of today would not do it, nor would they condone it, there must be a reason for this right?

I think I am being just as logic though, you think it is emotional, but no it is logical, did it work to stop the war? yes it worked but an act of terrorism has also worked to get ahead in war time before with other countries, just think if it was another country what America would be saying.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2014, 10:26:35 AM »
;D

well my logic is this, the US government of today would not do it, nor would they condone it, there must be a reason for this right?

I think I am being just as logic though, you think it is emotional, but no it is logical, did it work to stop the war? yes it worked but an act of terrorism has also worked to get ahead in war time before with other countries, just think if it was another country what America would be saying.
we wouldnt do it today because our bombs today would level half a country and incite the entire world to fire their nuclear weapons. Its impossible to compare.