Author Topic: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.  (Read 12845 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2014, 08:27:41 PM »
If you have a boulder... if no one else can help... and if you can find him... maybe you can hire... Kegdrainer

No, he does crossfit now... no more boulder moving

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
No, he does crossfit now... no more boulder moving
Well there goes that plan.  >:(

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2014, 04:15:52 AM »
The only thing I am going to ruck around are these goddamned foundation rocks.  I moved one a few months ago, it was a few hundred pounds.  I had to deadlift it and turn, deadlift and turn.  Took forever.  Only a shitload more to go!!!

Hire a skidsteer or a telehandler ya moran.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2014, 04:24:21 AM »
Training with a ruck..fine good cardio I guess...the other shit, no way in hell. I gave that crap up a long time ago. I remember being at 29 Palms with a Saw...Saw ammo and a spool of radio wire plus other assorted shit in my ruck. An M1 came rolling by, they had igloo's in their bustlerack and gatoraide...I knew my days as a grunt were rapidly coming to an end. I don't even camp unless uncle sam is paying for it.

Hahaha!

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »
lol this is a site about guys in small thongs and full of oil and protan, dont know if thats more ridiculuse than running around playing  hardcore soldier in a safe enviorment    ;D

non of this behavour would be tolerated in the great peoples republic of north korea where men are men

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2014, 05:30:11 AM »
Tough mudder is a joke.  By goruck challenge or heavy?   Lmfao. 99.9 percent of this board would collapse and die 1-2 hours in at best.     

Sign up morons see how fit you are.   Just tell them to have 911 on speed dial cause you will need it.   Most of you cant run or do 1 mile let alone 25 or even 45.     Ha ha ha. Fucking clowns.   

Last event i did we did 45 miles over 25 hours w 40lbs pack in the cold wet damp trails carrying all sorts of shit along the the way w multiple beat downs. 

Oh yeah, bicep curls is going to war, i forgot.   Lmfao. 

Yeah we get it..you keep telling us.

I dont want to wade through filtby swamps and roll around in the mud  on my Saturday...have a party champ.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:32 AM »
Tough mudder is a joke.  By goruck challenge or heavy?   Lmfao. 99.9 percent of this board would collapse and die 1-2 hours in at best.    

Sign up morons see how fit you are.   Just tell them to have 911 on speed dial cause you will need it.   Most of you cant run or do 1 mile let alone 25 or even 45.     Ha ha ha. Fucking clowns.  

Last event i did we did 45 miles over 25 hours w 40lbs pack in the cold wet damp trails carrying all sorts of shit along the the way w multiple beat downs.  

Oh yeah, bicep curls is going to war, i forgot.   Lmfao.  

A blistering 33 minutes/mile pace :D

I'm just giving you a hard time SC, I'm sure this is a very daunting endeavor.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2014, 05:58:21 AM »

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2014, 06:01:22 AM »
There are stops all along the way to do "Team Leadership" exercises. 

Lol, sounds like you stop behind the bushes like a submissive bottom and get some hands on training de-venomising a snake

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2014, 06:02:21 AM »
Lol, sounds like you stop behind the bushes like a submissive bottom and get some hands on training de-venomising a snake

strikes me more as a "power bottom"

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2014, 06:05:48 AM »
strikes me more as a "power bottom"

Depends on the chain of command that day, one must put the team before the I in Goruck or the consequences can be fatal

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2014, 06:09:05 AM »
Funny - everyone saying how its so easy and a walk in the park, yet not one will step up to prove it.  We get BB types all the time who drop out and quit.  Many get gassed so fast and cramp up and just fall off.  Same thing would happen to most here. 

big difference between beach muscles and actually being functional.    

but really where is the benefit to these functional muscles.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2014, 06:10:25 AM »

lol

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 07:37:39 AM »
About 7 years ago I ran in a charity 5K road race. The local gym owner who was one of the sponsors of the race told two of her trainers to run it with the gym shirt on for publicity. The two buff steroid guys ran good for about three quarters of a mile then gassed. They finished the race with chubby soccer moms at the back of the pack looking like they were going to die. They looked buff with their drug muscles but had zero conditioning. I couldn't imagine how ugly it would have been if they were in a boxing ring or a wrestling match.  Some of the chubby women who had them as their trainers stop using them. Who would use a trainer in worse shape than you?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2014, 09:09:34 AM »
No one said it would be easy you fool. We all believe it's hard. It sounds like a retarded waste of time though. Why anyone would volunteer for it is beyond me. I can think of a thousand other things I could be spending my time on.

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
Here is how it goes now - AFPT to start.  No big deal.  You pass or fail.  12 mile ruck in under 3:30 w 40lb pack.  Pass or fail.

21 hours or so left after that with all sorts of crap, welcome party, 30 plus miles left, buddy carries, team weights, team beat downs, maybe 1 or 2 ten min break, never sitting down, pt out the ass, mind games, etc.

By the end your feet feel like mush, everything kills you, you feel like hell, but at the end you know you can endure a lot more than most.

Hmmm, a lot like caddying.  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »
Everyone has different interests.

Right..but people that fly helicopters dont ridicule you proactively if you dont fly helicopters

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2014, 11:20:53 AM »
I see aot of crossfitters with that mentality as well.. they choose to get in shaoe for crossfit and ridicule others, but others dont care about getting in shale for crossfit.

just like guys who lift for strength criticizing bodybuilders, or vice versa. Usually you have to specialize in one goal, you cant lift/eat like a pkwerlifter and expect to look like a BB, conversely, you cant eat/lookift like a BB and still be as strong as a powerlifter.

There are guys that can bridge the gaps with goddlike genetics.. but generally, jack of all trades, master of none.

I dont have to run or hump huge mileage anymore... so frankly I dont care abou5 being able to go out and run 10miles with gear, I dont have too and barring some sort of global meltdown I wont ever have to again. For the 1st time I can just worry about trying to make my body look the way I want so thats what im working towards, not being able to run miles on end,  or lifting 800lbs, or sprinting a 1/4 mile... nome of that sbit pertains to my day to day life, so im just focusing on eating right, taking advantage of my HRT and trying to transform my with the extremely average genetics ive been handed.

You learn really quick you cant have it all, so it all matters what you want to focus one.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2014, 05:52:04 PM »
That's right - just a different thing I am into lately.  Some people thinks its stupid - probably true -but I still enjoy it and it forces me to train really hard to remain competitive in it.  I was bored to death doing just BB after years of working out like that.   

Its not for everyone at all, but remember - I didn't start a thread attacking someone elses' interests

And for the record - I hate fucking crossfit 

Honestly super respectable.

Now get these endurance events out of your system. Come back to bbing, but this time start sticking needles in your butt.

its a real game changer.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2014, 08:07:22 PM »
What's your point? Bodybuilding isn't running. I've done both and I'd much rather look buff than look like I did when I was running low 3:00 hour marathons. Of course there's a middle ground and that's fine but one thing has nothing to do w/ another. Most relatively fast runners, say sub-3:00 marathon guys, are skinny fat, w/ concave chests and can't do a single chinup or bench press their bodyweight. It all depends on what u want. I know what look most women prefer.  

What is your point and who is talking about running marathons?  My point is that you shouldn't be a mirror athlete like a bodybuilder who poses in a speedo while oiled up to music. Every sport takes specialization. I'm just saying if you are going to work out then workout for real athletic performance and let that dictate your physique and not the other way around. Having cosmetic bloated drug muscles means nothing when a 150 pound jui jitsu kid who is in real condition takes you down and your gassing trying to do something.

Most women do not prefer steroid juicers though there are a fringe who are impressed but then there are also women who like fat bearded bikers too. Women like guys that are in shape but it isn't steroid bodybuilding shape.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #71 on: February 19, 2014, 08:08:29 PM »
non of this behavour would be tolerated in the great peoples republic of north korea where men are men

;D

They do a life or death Go Ruck Challenge across the DMZ  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
They're fun.  Try one.

He's doesn't work that hard. Plus he might get dirt under his French manicured acrylic nails.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »
;D

They do a life or death Go Ruck Challenge across the DMZ  ;D
fucking lol now that would even give them true snitchdonis respect

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2014, 10:57:47 PM »
Prohint: if a physical activity allows for a bunch of civilian ("civvy") women to participate, it isn't "hardcore" or "fuckin crazy I'm so special cuz I can do it breh."

Hope this helps