Author Topic: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.  (Read 12880 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Tough Mudder/GoRuck/Pretend Military Operations= for Morons.
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »
Alright - I'm just throwing this out there - since most of the people on GB think they are bad ass, ill pick up your registration fee if you sign up for GR Challenge - and whoever report back how easy it is.  You guys are all bad ass right?  How hard could this possibly be ? ? ? ? ?  ? 

Forget about GORUCK Heavy - 99.99999999% of this site would be in cardiac arrest and a puddle of pain and piss within 1 hour and never complete that - so not going there.   

So before any one of you wannabes want to throw barbs - sign up or STFU.  I got your reg fee.   

Seriously - the thought that some of these bloofy bloated overweight clowns are tossing arrows my way over this is so laughable its not even funny. 

Any takers? 

I won't hold my breath. 

Soul crusher jumping on juniors giving money away tactic to rise in the pecking order.

Simple Simon

« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »

It is what it is.   I get called out - I will call out others. 

anyone can pick an event - ill pick up the tab - fuck if they are for real - ill send them my gear to do it too. 

Test E , TREN A , T3, and 10ius a day of HGH?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2014, 01:33:44 PM »
No - GR1, 30lbs of Bricks in the pack, 3l water hydration bladder,   

Good lucks guys!  You will need it!

dont church it up.

its a water tit.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »
haha, $300 for a 26 ltr daysack! These GoRuck dudes are laughing all the way to the bank.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2014, 02:07:20 PM »

Its all funny when you see people w North face and other crap collapse and dudes have to bow out 2 hours in cause their shit failed.  Never paid full price BTW.  

One event I did some little fag showed up  in a North Face pack and got dropped 30 minutes in cause his gear failed.  Bricks spilled all over the pavement and he had to drop.  

Some other bring good stuff like Kifaru, 5.11, Camelback, etc and its all good.   But most garbage on the market is not sturdy at all.  We had another idiot w an UA pack that collapsed about 1 hour in - he got sent home too.  

Like I said - its so easy and of the so called gym warriors on this site can sign up and ill cover everything.  90% chance most wont even make it half way and cry and go home. 

Yeah, NorthFace has gone to shit. Had a Camelback Motherlode, but dont get on with the zip main compartment. I like a daysack with a lid access to the main compartment, like the berghaus centurio.

http://www.surfdome.com/Berghaus_Backpacks_-_Berghaus_Centurio_45_Backpack_-_Coyote_Brown_/_Coyote_Brown-178956?_$ja=tsid:39151|prd%3a178956|cat%3aBackpacks&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_campaign=CSE&utm_keyword=&adtype=pla&istCompanyId=6eb6b8f6-7dcb-4576-851b-e1dff2ebaf99&istItemId=xmrwptiqm&istBid=tztx&_$$ja=cgid:7811863872|tsid:13319|cid:143392632|lid:18283950120|nw:g|crid:28855971432|rnd:9471961441074373160|dvc:c|adp:1o2|bku:1&gclid=CISq28vZ27wCFSTkwgodIGQAlA

Do the majority of people on Goruck use bricks for weight?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2014, 03:34:53 PM »
No - GR1, 30lbs of Bricks in the pack, 3l water hydration bladder,   

Good lucks guys!  You will need it!
Just call it a camelbak bro.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »
I managed to make it home with my day pack....

thing is tough as nails.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2014, 04:22:53 PM »
Here is how it goes now - AFPT to start.  No big deal.  You pass or fail.  12 mile ruck in under 3:30 w 40lb pack.  Pass or fail.

21 hours or so left after that with all sorts of crap, welcome party, 30 plus miles left, buddy carries, team weights, team beat downs, maybe 1 or 2 ten min break, never sitting down, pt out the ass, mind games, etc.

By the end your feet feel like mush, everything kills you, you feel like hell, but at the end you know you can endure a lot more than most.

So the reason you would do it more than once is....?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
Funny - everyone saying how its so easy and a walk in the park, yet not one will step up to prove it.  We get BB types all the time who drop out and quit.  Many get gassed so fast and cramp up and just fall off.  Same thing would happen to most here. 

big difference between beach muscles and actually being functional.    

Who's saying it's easy? 

Aren't most people here just saying it's pointless and silly?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2014, 04:27:03 PM »
About 7 years ago I ran in a charity 5K road race. The local gym owner who was one of the sponsors of the race told two of her trainers to run it with the gym shirt on for publicity. The two buff steroid guys ran good for about three quarters of a mile then gassed. They finished the race with chubby soccer moms at the back of the pack looking like they were going to die. They looked buff with their drug muscles but had zero conditioning. I couldn't imagine how ugly it would have been if they were in a boxing ring or a wrestling match.  Some of the chubby women who had them as their trainers stop using them. Who would use a trainer in worse shape than you?

Do tell. 

But don't forget to mention how the top 20 finishers at the 5K would do in a bodybuilding contest.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2014, 04:31:07 PM »

Exactly.   Most of the clowns in the gym are all show no go.  Gas out after even a little but hard physical exertion. 

Why do I do these events?  Because it forced me to train harder and better overall for all around fitness.  Additionally - I just got bored to death doing BB type workouts. 

All around fitness?  Isn't that a eupemistic term for "not that great at any one thing"?

BB might be a strange sport but it's not, as Kenny Powers says, "Trying to be the best at exercising.":

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »
Everyone has different interests.

True. 

What's got me puzzled is why they'd want to brag about their weird interests while bagging on bodybuilders on a bodybuilding board.

Maybe you could answer that, SC?  I mean, is the GoRuck (or whatever) board too quiet for ya?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2014, 04:36:25 PM »
Test E , TREN A , T3, and 10ius a day of HGH?

Sign me up, then!!

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2014, 05:01:26 PM »
Alright - I'm just throwing this out there - since most of the people on GB think they are bad ass, ill pick up your registration fee if you sign up for GR Challenge - and whoever report back how easy it is.  You guys are all bad ass right?  How hard could this possibly be ? ? ? ? ?  ? 

Forget about GORUCK Heavy - 99.99999999% of this site would be in cardiac arrest and a puddle of pain and piss within 1 hour and never complete that - so not going there.   

So before any one of you wannabes want to throw barbs - sign up or STFU.  I got your reg fee.   

Seriously - the thought that some of these bloofy bloated overweight clowns are tossing arrows my way over this is so laughable its not even funny. 

Any takers? 

I won't hold my breath. 

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2014, 07:55:20 PM »
And they're huge money makers. What has Adonis done recently to showcase his entrepreneurial genius?  Usually some portion of the money goes to charity as well. 

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: February 21, 2014, 12:50:32 AM »
Most but lately people using sand, melted down lead or whatever.  As long as the weight is right they don't care.  One of my buddies uses a Camleback and swears by it - thing has been though tons of events - they make good stuff as does maxpedition

My problem with camel back type daysacks is when heavy, they tend to drag down and back. I like the weight high up and close to the upper back.

When's your next event?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2014, 06:26:20 AM »
Truthfully - the people I have met are really great and its more a social thing for me at this point. 

Good answer.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2014, 07:32:43 AM »
Have a Challenge next friday night.  A Light in March.   And doing another Heavy in April.    Heavy is a different world of pain and kick in the balls.   Maybe next year ill go for Selection. 

Selection? As in Q Course Selection? Are you gonna enlist? You might be a bit old.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »
$300 for something to carry bricks!

....you know you can get a wheelbarrow for less then half that price.

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2014, 07:37:59 AM »
If I've done one before can I still get a comped entry?

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
No - I want one of the people saying its a walk in the park to sign up for this and report back

Just out of curiosity, did any females complete the Goruck Heavy that you did?  How did they fair?   

cannon_fodder

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »
No - I want one of the people saying its a walk in the park to sign up for this and report back

Was worth a shot  ;D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2014, 08:32:52 AM »
Selection? As in Q Course Selection? Are you gonna enlist? You might be a bit old.
lol. I guess they name their rough one 'selection', to make you think youre going through SAS selection or something.

nothing compared to the real thing. .. getting beaten isnt in the civilian docket im sure.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2014, 08:44:45 AM »
No - I want one of the people saying its  in the park to sign up for this and report back

except that nobody is saying that you fucking moron.

we are saying that you need to shut the fuck up with challenging people, we don't train  for go ruck...we have NO INTEREST IN IT...and of course we wouldn't be able to complete a course. You couldn't complete a  course with zero exposure or endurance training for Go Ruck either.  So shut the fuck up already

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »
Is this your "Cadre"?  ???