Author Topic: Australian Beach photos.  (Read 17936 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Australian Beach photos.
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Those beaches look crowded. I have been to different beaches in California, Florida and South Carolina. I'm telling you. If you know where to go, the beaches in New Jersey are amazing. Go ahead and blast me. It's the truth. I live 20 minutes away from the Ocean.

Bondi Beach is popular on Christmas, Sundays and holidays. That is when you get thousands there. Body surfing is a nightmare because they insist you swim between the flags so there is congestion for sure and collisions as well. Most of the time there is plenty of room on the beaches.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2014, 03:17:49 PM »
Great thread.  I like the pictures of Burleigh Heads. The contrast of the Ocean and beach with the looming Metropolis looming in the background is amazing.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2014, 03:19:54 PM »
vince

do you see many lebanese people on bondi beach?

and do you ever visit Paul grahams gym- i heard its near a beach?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »
vince

do you see many lebanese people on bondi beach?

and do you ever visit Paul grahams gym- i heard its near a beach?

Bondi is filled with the people you ask about. They love being around the surf. Not many bodybuilders there, though. I saw Terry Mitsos there once with an entourage of admiring blokes! He was huge in those days.

Paul sold the gym in the Icebergs Club at Bondi Beach. Then he sold the gym he had at Coogee Beach. He had his son working with him. Last I heard he was opening a gym nearer to where he lived but not so near a beach. I visited Paul's gyms in the past. Not often but once or twice.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38:41 PM »
Where is Terry now?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »
Got any pics of the North Shore?

Let's see, beaches on the North Shore in Sydney?  Balmoral, Manly, Queenscliff, Harbord, Curl Curl, North Curl Curl, Dee Why, Long Reef, Collaroy, Narrabeen, North Narrabeen, Turimetta, Warriewood, Mona Vale, Bungan, Newport, Bilgola, Avalon, North Avalon, Whale, and Palm. I missed a couple of smaller beaches. Here is a view looking down from Barrenjoey Head which is the most northern point on the north shore. Below is Palm Beach on the left.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2014, 03:45:07 PM »
Where is Terry now?

I trained at Terry's gym a few times. I told him some of the equipment could be in a museum. He wasn't pleased. He brother said Terry has a short fuse so he worked mainly in the morning when not that many members were there. He didn't like guys throwing the weights down.

http://www.probodyfitness.com.au/terry.htm

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2014, 03:45:33 PM »
Let's see, beaches on the North Shore in Sydney?  Balmoral, Manly, Queenscliff, Harbord, Curl Curl, North Curl Curl, Dee Why, Long Reef, Collaroy, Narrabeen, North Narrabeen, Turimetta, Warriewood, Mona Vale, Bungan, Newport, Bilgola, Avalon, North Avalon, Whale, and Palm. I missed a couple of smaller beaches. Here is a view looking down from Barrenjoey Head which is the most northern point on the north shore. Below is Palm Beach on the left.
Great pics Vince. Where do store them you got to have a off limit storage device.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51:12 PM »
Great pics Vince. Where do store them you got to have a off limit storage device.

Thanks. I have over 30 Tb of hard drive storage on my computer. Recently got 3 X 4 Tb hard drives. They weren't expensive. I take somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 photos each year. My record for one day is over 4000. That was up at Rainbow Beach in Queensland. They have a 11 km stretch of glorious Coloured Sands. I have walked along there with 3 cameras shooting a lot of panoramas. I could publish a book about those sands with all the photos I have.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2014, 03:53:11 PM »
Here is a north shore beach that hardly anyone swims at. It is at Collaroy. The walk around the cliffs is interesting from a photography point of view. You end up at the top of a beautiful golf course at Long Reef.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2014, 03:55:49 PM »
Thanks. I have over 30 Tb of hard drive storage on my computer. Recently got 3 X 4 Tb hard drives. They weren't expensive. I take somewhere between 30,000 and 50,000 photos each year.
Good this has to be a usb external device I assume.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
Good this has to be a usb external device I assume.

I have 15 external hard drives and 4 internal ones.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2014, 04:03:09 PM »

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2014, 04:07:32 PM »
I have 15 external hard drives and 4 internal ones.
Damn probably getting up there with ND.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2014, 04:08:05 PM »
Pearl Beach as seen from Mount Ettalong. Not really a mountain and there are no pearls on the beach except for the patterns the surf makes along the shore. The Central Coast has more great beaches and these are about an hour north of Sydney.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2014, 04:09:05 PM »

Solid glutes for an older gentleman.
O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2014, 04:16:07 PM »
As we get older we get hairier and our bellies get bigger. You won't be so keen to train daily when you are over 70. The internet is like a magnet and I can see a lot of the guys here spend way too much time on line. I do as well.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2014, 04:36:54 PM »
Stockton Beach has high sand dunes and goes for miles. It is just north of Newcastle which is a couple of hours north of Sydney. People can go for camel rides along the beach or take their 4WD vehicles.

There are endless beaches up and down the coast from Sydney.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »
Seal Rocks is south of Forster north of Sydney. Beautiful area. I was lucky to catch a rainbow in the late afternoon sun.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2014, 04:46:44 PM »
As we get older we get hairier and our bellies get bigger. You won't be so keen to train daily when you are over 70. The internet is like a magnet and I can see a lot of the guys here spend way too much time on line. I do as well.

Why not wax the hair and eat less? 

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #120 on: January 16, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »
Why not wax the hair and eat less? 

Waxing hair. Only gays and women put up with such pain for vanity reasons. I am eating less but it is hard to lose fat.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #121 on: January 16, 2014, 04:54:51 PM »
Sydney is really blessed for photography. It has a beautiful harbour, hills, beaches and lots of interesting places to photograph. North we have the Central Coast. An hour away. More beaches, etc. South we have Wollongong with its escarpment, beaches, etc. Out west are the Blue Mountains and plenty of amazing lookouts and walks. The photography opportunities are endless. There are flowers in bloom 12 months of the year down here.

Have a look at the view to the Central Coast from Commodore Heights near Sydney. It is in a National Park but I buy the yearly pass for $50. Otherwise it costs $11 per visit. They have heaps of bush walks in the park.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #122 on: January 16, 2014, 04:59:54 PM »
Avalon Beach is a northern beach in Sydney. I have taken thousands of photos from the headland. This one is just on sunrise so the colours are warm.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2014, 05:00:58 PM »
Waxing hair. Only gays and women put up with such pain for vanity reasons. I am eating less but it is hard to lose fat.

It's actually the norm for men to wax or remove body hair.  Not just bodybuilders remove body hair Vince.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
It's actually the norm for men to wax or remove body hair.  Not just bodybuilders remove body hair Vince.

Men can wear surf shirts on the beach now and avoid sunburn, etc. And cover bodyhair! Wonder why hair grows everywhere except on the head as men age? Tried one wax strip and it just about killed me and left a rash afterwards. Some guys are sensitive, you know.