Author Topic: Suicide by cops? Body cam video  (Read 5546 times)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
  • You want it to be one way,but it's the other way.
Suicide by cops? Body cam video
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:58:31 AM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9db_1389855116

i understand why he shot the guy, but 4-5 shots? come on shoot him in the leg or something just enough to subdue him. its not like the guy was lunging at you, you had time to shoot and not kill him.

I know cops cant purposely shoot to disable someone, you either use your gun because the situation "justifies a dealy source", hence you shoot to kill. but come on, if you can avoid killing some, do so IMO

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Suicide by cops? Body cam video
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:06:50 AM »
Lolwat....

You can always tell the armchair quarterbacks that have no training/have no firearm experience when they talk about shooting guys in the leg or the arm or something...

you aim center mass in 99% of situations (except failure drills, 2 to center mass 1 in the groin/head)..

Its super difficult to hit a target in a limb intentionally..... especially if hes moving.

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 11:08:00 AM »
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9db_1389855116

i understand why he shot the guy, but 4-5 shots? come on shoot him in the leg or something just enough to subdue him. its not like the guy was lunging at you, you had time to shoot and not kill him.

I know cops cant purposely shoot to disable someone, you either use your gun because the situation "justifies a dealy source", hence you shoot to kill. but come on, if you can avoid killing some, do so IMO

I guess you've never seen knife wounds before?

"Shoot them in the leg."   ::)

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
Lolwat....

You can always tell the armchair quarterbacks that have no training/have no firearm experience when they talk about shooting guys in the leg or the arm or something...

you aim center mass in 99% of situations (except failure drills, 2 to center mass 1 in the groin/head)..

Its super difficult to hit a target in a limb intentionally..... especially if hes moving.

How far were they apart? 5-8 ft? you're telling me a trained officer cant hit a guys leg , or gut at that range  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:09 AM »
And here's today's daily GB cop-bashing thread. Have at it boys.

Why can't these cops just shoot guns, knives, etc., out of people's hands, like on TV and in the movies? That way nobody gets hurt.
They only do that in the south, where people can still aim.  I`ve seen it a few times around here.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
Siding with the cop. If he stayed put, my thought would be different, but I don't want to guess at what's on an armed EDP's mind when he's coming toward me.

Marlo Stanfield

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:25 AM »
I guess you've never seen knife wounds before?

"Shoot them in the leg."   ::)

There is a difference between a trained officer and a civilian shooting in self defense. A civilian sees a guy walking towards him with a knfie, the civilian due to not having experience and expertise will most likely just go for the kill. A trained officer whom routinely has firearms training should be able to assess THIS particular not-so-volotile situation and not go for a headshot or chest shot.

go back to my original post, im not bashing the cop...This is  like a cop giving you a ticket for doing 38 in a 35... he's not wrong, he just didnt neccesarily have to

Uncle Junior

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:15:29 AM »
This guy got flustered, you can tell by his heavy breathing.

Classic example of someone not being able to control adrenaline and being totally unaware of the situation.

That guy posed absolutely no threat to the cop whatsoever, he was slowly walking towards him.

All the cops got to do is back up few yards, at worst fire few shots at his feet to show him he is serious.

At best he shoots him in the thigh or shoulder.

What you don't do is start blasting like rambo to an individual who clearly posed no major threat to the cop other than his ego.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:34 AM »
They only do that in the south, where people can still aim.  I`ve seen it a few times around here.

Uhhh, don't think so. As Shock said: the training is aim center-mass. Keep shooting until subject is down.

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 11:16:55 AM »
Arnold manages to shoot everyone in the legs with no problems in Terminator

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 11:17:57 AM »
This guy got flustered, you can tell by his heavy breathing.

Classic example of someone not being able to control adrenaline and being totally unaware of the situation.

That guy posed absolutely no threat to the cop whatsoever, he was slowly walking towards him.

All the cops got to do is back up few yards, at worst fire few shots at his feet to show him he is serious.

At best he shoots him in the thigh or shoulder.

What you don't do is start blasting like rambo to an individual who clearly posed no major threat to the cop other than his ego.

Christ. So must bloviation in one go. Have you even seen a gun? Ever been in a deadly force situation? Ever been shot at?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 11:18:16 AM »
How far were they apart? 5-8 ft? you're telling me a trained officer cant hit a guys leg , or gut at that range  ???

even more reason to shoot to kill. A guy is within lunging distance with a deadly weapon. You shoot center mass, every time. A trained officer still cant account for how the other person is going to react, whether hes high on drugs and the leg shot doesnt incapacitate, or he misses, or any number of variables.

training tells you to shoot center mass. Incapacitating limb shots are way to unreliable when faced with a deadly weapon.

period. Especially with a pistol.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:40 AM »
Anti-cop nutters are becoming comical. If this guy had stabbed his friend, or the person who he was in accident with, or the cop himself, you would be saying why didn't he shoot him?

Where is that video of that cop who DOES NOT shoot and gets murdered by the guy who got out of his car with a rifle.

It is seriously disturbing how many knuckleheads are anti-cop.

$

Uncle Junior

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
Christ. So must bloviation in one go. Have you even seen a gun? Ever been in a deadly force situation? Ever been shot at?

Deadly force situation -GTFO

That was a joke, guy didn't have a gun, cop is in no danger to get shot at, the guy had a knife, you can't get cut if you are not in range.

He back's up, get's the lady out the way and call's for reinforcement and psychiatric professional to evaluate the situation.

At worse you taser the guy, you don't start blasting like rambo.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 11:26:55 AM »
Anti-cop nutters are becoming comical. If this guy had stabbed his friend, or the person who he was in accident with, or the cop himself, you would be saying why didn't he shoot him?

Where is that video of that cop who DOES NOT shoot and gets murdered by the guy who got out of his car with a rifle.

It is seriously disturbing how many knuckleheads are anti-cop.

I am very much against the militarization of the police and I sure as hell think that there are a lot of badges out there that can't be trusted with a spoon, let alone a gun. But in this case, I am going with the cop. It looks perfectly legit.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 11:28:30 AM »

That was a joke, guy didn't have a gun, cop is in no danger to get shot at, the guy had a knife, you can't get cut if you are not in range.

He back's up, get's the lady out the way and call's for reinforcement and psychiatric professional to evaluate the situation.

You are aware that a knife presents a deadly force situation, right? This is a close-quarters scenario, not a stand-off sniper scenario.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 11:30:25 AM »
A great invention the videocamera, and especially those small ones, for police officers to use in the field.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »

Ok so its obvious you have no clue what youre talking about; noted, moving on.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 11:34:26 AM »
You are aware that a knife presents a deadly force situation, right? This is a close-quarters scenario, not a stand-off sniper scenario.

Look at the video closely, the cop stands his ground, he doesn't back up even an inch.

He tells him to "put the knife down, or I will shoot you"......why?

...and then he states "I need you in this room now?"

Doesn't sound like someone who is in imminent danger.

The whole situation is avoided if he backs up, leaves the house, takes the women out the picture, calls for back up.

This should have been a sniper situation and negotiation at best.

The cop gets flustered, tries to be a hero and deal with it himself, something he clearly wasn't qualified to do.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »
Ok so its obvious you have no clue what youre talking about; noted, movong on.

Yup.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:10 AM »

Look at the video closely, the cop stands his ground, he doesn't back up even an inch.

The whole situation is avoided if he backs up, leaves the house, takes the women out the picture, calls for back up.

The cop gets flustered, tries to be a hero and deal with it himself, something he clearly wasn't qualified to do.

You know what is REALLY clear...

Your an idiot.
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:24 AM »
On Justified, that cop with the cowboy hat can shoot the gun out of people's hands.

In real life, even if you shoot a guy center mass, if he's high, angry or just really focused, he can usually get a shot or two off before he falls or runs.  My brother shot a guy in the mid-torso with a .45 - the dude spun around and jumped back over the counter and ran out the door (kept his gun in hand the whole time), managed to steal a car and drive 3 hours to miami with a bullet lodged in his spine.  Got surgery there.  

So yeah, IF IF IF a cop is justified to shoot, it's going to be 3-5 hollow points, center mass.  And cops only carry .40 cal round here.  They carry 9mm (a tad smaller) in other parts.

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »
The cop was a big fan of expendable s
$

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »

Again, disregard what this guy says because he literally has zero clue to what hes talking about

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
no,this was fully deserved and asked for.

period theres no discussion.the fucking girl should have put the knife down.

thats it.
n