Author Topic: You, your gear and your doc  (Read 1785 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
You, your gear and your doc
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:44:07 AM »
In the US, is there ever a reason, barring something life threatening, to talk to your GP about your AAS use?

My plan is to monitor my own bloodwork with a for-profit blood lab in my town. They even have a panel apparently designed for us (the "Pre-TRT Panel").

With my doc, it goes on my record and will probably haunt me later in life.

What you?

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
Re: You, your gear and your doc
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 09:37:25 AM »
Unless your doc has an "in house" lab they probably outsource their panels as well to a similar lab.  A lot of independent labs are sometimes better than you GP in my opinion.  Some doctors have agendas to run unnecessary tests by simply "mis reading" results in order to file more on your insurance, too.  Not that this is the case here but definitely happens.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »
If the use is illicit, I would not mention it to your GP. Once u tell him, it's going into your chart, and with the electronic storage of medical records, it will be there forever. While HIPAA should theoretically protect your privacy, the reality is likely to be very different.

It's not illicit, it's legitimate. I want to get legitimate 19" arms!  :D

crazepharmacist

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:00:50 AM »
Hippa doesn't protect you from your insurance company. If they decide to pry into your medical records and see steroid usage, expect premiums to go up.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
If u show up with legit, lean 19 inch arms, your GP will be able to figure it out for himself (unless he's a total idiot).

Lmao " i see your running celltech"