Author Topic: Top Democrat Sen. admits NSA abuse but won't fight O-FAIL on it.  (Read 242 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/19/patrick-leahy-nsa-reform_n_4627203.html

Appearing on "Fox News Sunday," Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) was asked if he would fight the president’s proposal to transition control of telephone metadata from under the NSA to a different entity.

“No,” he replied. “I think we have a way that we can do this. It is not a question of fighting the president. The question is: What is Congress going to do on this? I think there has been too much leeway. As you know, the FISA court for example, was very critical a few years ago about the abuses of the procedures we had to collect data and asked them to clamp down. I worry because we have just seen what happened --for example, the Snowden thing -- there is so much stuff stolen we still don’t know everything that was stolen. And that worries you. They have your telephone calls, Gen. Hayden’s telephone calls, my telephone calls. Where is all this going? I would rather have somebody overseeing where you get it.”