Author Topic: Carbless PWO with slin?  (Read 3886 times)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Carbless PWO with slin?
« on: January 20, 2014, 08:12:46 AM »
Anyone hear or try this?  I believe the idea came from Dat's board.....

The basics is like this:
-carb up the night before... don't go crazy, something like 100-200g of complex carbs
-next day, workout fasted
-after workout, pin .5-2 IU of humalog
-eat only protein while insulin is active, and no carbs until 8 hours after workout
-rinse & repeat

Why do this?  Well, its intended to build/retain muscle while shedding fat.  The insulin halts post-workout catabolism and the whole process seems to jack insulin sensitivity way, way up.  Seems like most people report fat loss and muscle gain, even while clean or on hrt.

I myself have been off for about a month and I'll probably be off for a while longer, so I'm interested in things that won't interfere with my HPTA recovery--and this fits the bill quite nicely.

Any thoughts, experiences, or advice?  I'm all ears  :)

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
Re: Carbless PWO with slin?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
Why bother, .5-2iu isn't anything. Then when u bump to say 10iu, no way in hell are going to get away with no carbs for 8+ hrs

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 04:07:17 PM »
Why bother, .5-2iu isn't anything. Then when u bump to say 10iu, no way in hell are going to get away with no carbs for 8+ hrs
X2^^

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »
Lol its not for mass gains, it's just a way to get a little more from working out without using steroids.

1-2IU is enough to trigger some important physiological mechanisms in the body...BALCO guys weren't using much slin either, just a couple of IUs.  Granted, they were ingesting dextrose & whey concurrently with the slin, but I feel the point still stands.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
Lol its not for mass gains, it's just a way to get a little more from working out without using steroids.

1-2IU is enough to trigger some important physiological mechanisms in the body...BALCO guys weren't using much slin either, just a couple of IUs.  Granted, they were ingesting dextrose & whey concurrently with the slin, but I feel the point still stands.

Yes take insulin while dieting and have plenty of FFA in the system that were released while you were training, it will work out for sure.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 06:06:20 AM »
Yes take insulin while dieting and have plenty of FFA in the system that were released while you were training, it will work out for sure.

Are you insinuating that running insulin in a caloric deficit will lead to fat gain?  Because if so, you've got a brutal misunderstanding of how the body works

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 07:38:29 AM »
the caloric deficit is more important than serum insulin levels.

but high serum insulin levels do always affect fatloss ,more or less.

now if someone takes enough insluin to need carbs, then its def neg for fatloss.

but agree a little insulin spike here and there for few hours wont be negative thing
n

dustin

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 11:46:52 AM »
I've seen intriguing theories like that before and even tried a small amount of insulin before fasted cardio. I would feel like fatloss was kicked into overdrive and would sweat like crazy because the adrenals would go into overdrive as I'd get hypo. But it is too delicate of a procedure and I could never get the timing right. Sometimes you just feel more hypo than other times but I've always wanted to tinker with something like that again. It's just way too difficult and I haven't had a steady enough schedule where I could really put this to the test.

Normally when insulin is released your body won't liberate fat and and burn free fatty acids as energy. But taking exogenous insulin is always intriguing, especially when you don't consume glucose which is not normally something you'd do when taking exogenous insulin. I don't know nearly enough about gastric peptides and the like to really dig deeper into the subject, but I love seeing guys like the one on dat's board talk about stuff like this.

Does anyone have anymore posts like that they could copy here? I lost my login for his board a long time ago.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »
Are you insinuating that running insulin in a caloric deficit will lead to fat gain?  Because if so, you've got a brutal misunderstanding of how the body works

No, I insinuated it would inhibit fat loss

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
No, I insinuated it would inhibit fat loss

It's almost as if fat loss isn't my main goal  :o

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 06:36:33 PM »
I've seen intriguing theories like that before and even tried a small amount of insulin before fasted cardio. I would feel like fatloss was kicked into overdrive and would sweat like crazy because the adrenals would go into overdrive as I'd get hypo. But it is too delicate of a procedure and I could never get the timing right. Sometimes you just feel more hypo than other times but I've always wanted to tinker with something like that again. It's just way too difficult and I haven't had a steady enough schedule where I could really put this to the test.

Normally when insulin is released your body won't liberate fat and and burn free fatty acids as energy. But taking exogenous insulin is always intriguing, especially when you don't consume glucose which is not normally something you'd do when taking exogenous insulin. I don't know nearly enough about gastric peptides and the like to really dig deeper into the subject, but I love seeing guys like the one on dat's board talk about stuff like this.

Does anyone have anymore posts like that they could copy here? I lost my login for his board a long time ago.

Insulin after a workout is to halt further catabolism.... the threshold dose for this is quite low.  I feel much of the value of steroids comes from their anti-catabolic effects, and if i could mimic that without using aas, all the better.

Any fat loss that would occur would be an indirect effect of improved nutrient partitioning, from the increased insulin sensitivity this induces.  I don't remember the exact mechanism for that, but plenty of the guys at datbtrue seem quite certain this is an effect of the protocol

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
Insulin after a workout is to halt further catabolism.... the threshold dose for this is quite low.  I feel much of the value of steroids comes from their anti-catabolic effects, and if i could mimic that without using aas, all the better.

Any fat loss that would occur would be an indirect effect of improved nutrient partitioning, from the increased insulin sensitivity this induces.  I don't remember the exact mechanism for that, but plenty of the guys at datbtrue seem quite certain this is an effect of the protocol
I actually have heard of what you are speaking of here, in fact I didn't give your post a fair chance but now that I am reading it, it makes a little more sense.

When dieting you have nutrients in the blood stream by dropping the them with a couple of IUs, you may drop the calories to not burn them as well, in theory you will bring in more protein into the muscle, albeit very marginal and over all burn a few extra calories, again albeit marginal but it is very interesting thought, I will dig up more info on this process.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 08:10:23 PM »
I actually have heard of what you are speaking of here, in fact I didn't give your post a fair chance but now that I am reading it, it makes a little more sense.

When dieting you have nutrients in the blood stream by dropping the them with a couple of IUs, you may drop the calories to not burn them as well, in theory you will bring in more protein into the muscle, albeit very marginal and over all burn a few extra calories, again albeit marginal but it is very interesting thought, I will dig up more info on this process.

I don't expect drastic results, this is more because i like to experiment.  But I've heard nothing but good things about it, so if I can get a little boost while taking a break from the juice, all the better

Most of the information on this stuff is on datbtrue's forum...pm me if you need login info

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Alright, got my bottle of humilin-r.  Shit is expensive though, 91.99 at Walgreens >:(  Yeah it's 1000ius, but I doubt I'll get through that before it goes bad

Gonna try .5cc tomorrow after lifting and cardio, followed by a carton of egg whites.  I'll have a Coke on hand for any surprises, but I think I'll be good.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited!  Feels like I'm about to start juice for the first time again

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 05:33:22 PM »
Alright, got my bottle of humilin-r.  Shit is expensive though, 91.99 at Walgreens >:(  Yeah it's 1000ius, but I doubt I'll get through that before it goes bad

Gonna try .5cc tomorrow after lifting and cardio, followed by a carton of egg whites.  I'll have a Coke on hand for any surprises, but I think I'll be good.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited!  Feels like I'm about to start juice for the first time again

How much you weigh? height?
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 07:10:45 PM »
How much you weigh? height?

5'9", I don't know about weight.... maybe 190?  I'll weigh myself tomorrow

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 07:18:55 PM »

standard price, not bad, 300 iu goes for 20-35 bucks on the market.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 08:13:00 PM »
Dont go to walgreens. Wallyword if u know what I mean

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 08:26:50 PM »

0.5cc or 0.5ui?
50ui seems like a lot

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 08:56:08 PM »
0.5cc or 0.5ui?
50ui seems like a lot
wow, excellent catch there oni.

DO NOT DO .5CC, REPEAT DO NOT DO .5 OF A CC OF SLIN, THIS IS CRAZY, THAT IS 50 IU. i HOPE TO GOD YOU MADE A MISTAKE WHEN YOU WROTE THE POST.

FELLAS, 1 CC OF SLIN IS 100 IU, THIS WILL KILL YOU.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
wow, excellent catch there oni.

DO NOT DO .5CC, REPEAT DO NOT DO .5 OF A CC OF SLIN, THIS IS CRAZY, THAT IS 50 IU. i HOPE TO GOD YOU MADE A MISTAKE WHEN YOU WROTE THE POST.

FELLAS, 1 CC OF SLIN IS 100 IU, THIS WILL KILL YOU.

Lol relax, I appreciate the concern.... I'm just used to talking about steroids that's all

How much do pros take from what you've heard?  I've heard up to 30ius at one time, totally unsubstantiated though

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 09:23:09 PM »
Lol relax, I appreciate the concern.... I'm just used to talking about steroids that's all

How much do pros take from what you've heard?  I've heard up to 30ius at one time, totally unsubstantiated though
OK, I know you are very knowledgeable, trust me, your posts are appreciated around here and do not go unnoticed but you gave me a scare cause 10iu is a 0.1 cc and 20iu is 0.2cc and so on, so yes pros will take up to 30 iu at once but that is still only 0.3cc and you wrote 0.5 cc's so did not want anyone reading thinking you actually meant you will take 50 iu in one go.  ;)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:45 PM »
OK, I know you are very knowledgeable, trust me, your posts are appreciated around here and do not go unnoticed but you gave me a scare cause 10iu is a 0.1 cc and 20iu is 0.2cc and so on, so yes pros will take up to 30 iu at once but that is still only 0.3cc and you wrote 0.5 cc's so did not want anyone reading thinking you actually meant you will take 50 iu in one go.  ;)

Thanks for the kind words, brother.... I've taken a LOT of what you've shared with us and taken it to heart, so I'm just happy to be able to contribute as well.  There's a lot of idiots on the internet, chances are good that i did actually mean .5cc so its good you made sure I knew what was up

Tell ya what, I'll double & triple-check my dose tomorrow, just for getbig 8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 09:58:55 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, brother.... I've taken a LOT of what you've shared with us and taken it to heart, so I'm just happy to be able to contribute as well.  There's a lot of idiots on the internet, chances are good that i did actually mean .5cc so its good you made sure I knew what was up

Tell ya what, I'll double & triple-check my dose tomorrow, just for getbig 8)
:D lol, good stuff bro, keep posting here, we need guys like you here.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 11:29:04 PM »
How do you even measure out 0.5ui?