Author Topic: decent tasting protein powder  (Read 3725 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: decent tasting protein powder
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:21 PM »
Best I've ever had was Metrx Plus metamyosin...strawberry. Damn it taste like it has lots of carbs but it doesn't.

Can get at trader Joes for hella cheap..23 bucks for 2.2 lbs.
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »
What is this superfood stuff you fellas speak of? I just ordered some greens+. What brand do you guys use?

There's like 5 random brands I use. PM me what you got man, I'm very particular about what's in mine. There's a lot of cheap brands that put shitty ingredients in them, totally ruins the whole point of using them.

This stuff is top notch: http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/garden_of_life-perfect_food_raw.htm

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »
There's like 5 random brands I use. PM me what you got man, I'm very particular about what's in mine. There's a lot of cheap brands that put shitty ingredients in them, totally ruins the whole point of using them.

This stuff is top notch: http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/garden_of_life-perfect_food_raw.htm

Do you feel more energetic, experience a better digestion/focus/recovery/strength etc after a few days?

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 04:31:05 PM »
Any good isolate that tastes good.

Species Isolyze ( I know everyone is gonna hate that lol ) but it really is good.

Isopure is always a good quality isolate, and I have yet to try gaspari's isofusion but heard its pretty good.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 04:36:44 PM »
X2..USE IT CHOCOLATE GOOD..

Totally forgot about this one. I have been meaning to try it once I run out of Species Isolyze.

I did remember a friend mentioned he switched to that after using less protein powder in general. Its worth getting an isolate if you dont use that much. I rely on it in the morning and after workouts. So 4 workouts a week and 6-7 of the breakfasts for the week.

Otherwise, when I was younger and had time to train and eat and do nothing while at college the 5lbs jugs were a lifesaver :)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 05:15:51 PM »
Do you feel more energetic, experience a better digestion/focus/recovery/strength etc after a few days?

all of the above bro. Im not exaggerating. I feel it way more than my multi, and I've invested a good deal of money on finding a well crafted multi.

Everybody should be taking a superfood supp.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »
all of the above bro. Im not exaggerating. I feel it way more than my multi, and I've invested a good deal of money on finding a well crafted multi.

Everybody should be taking a superfood supp.

It's good to hear some experiences from the field, thanks.
I see they sell Garden of life products here in Europe as well, but not their powders.
I can get my hands on Total Nutri-Greens, which seems a pretty good blend, but what to look for/how to compare those superfood powders?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 05:43:13 PM »
just use unflavoured whey (eg my protein even if their service has gone to shit in recent years)
try some cider vinigar for the flatulence - unless you intend to disperse it on this board

I'm a big consumer of their pure whey and other proteins as well. Mixing 2 scoops with a half cup of oats and a scoop of cacao powder with water tastes good. I always take 2 scoops of flax seed oil before (just DON'T mix it, lol)

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 06:59:14 PM »
It's good to hear some experiences from the field, thanks.
I see they sell Garden of life products here in Europe as well, but not their powders.
I can get my hands on Total Nutri-Greens, which seems a pretty good blend, but what to look for/how to compare those superfood powders?

A few things to look for:

1) minimal sugar content
2) no artificial sweeteners (stevia is ok)
3) a COMPREHENSIVE blend of plant, fruit, andveggie sources (you'll see the better brands have a lot more "good stuff" in em, also a lot more expensive to produce but there's a reason why they include them
4) mostly from organic sources
5) no soy derivatives
6) reasonably priced according to typical wholesale costs. Usually less than $1 per serving. There's a plethora of shitty brands selling for $0.50 per serving or less that are full of horseshit. Defeats the purpose of even using a superfood product

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »
What is this superfood stuff you fellas speak of? I just ordered some greens+. What brand do you guys use?
biotest superfoods...its like greens+ but no grass or any of that bullshit...just freeze dried and powdered fruits and vegetables

bench

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 07:44:39 PM »
biotest superfoods...its like greens+ but no grass or any of that bullshit...just freeze dried and powdered fruits and vegetables

bench

Ok cool. I did see that one. Thanks

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 07:45:03 PM »

Two solid brands with Optimum and MusclePharm.

Never pay more than $45 for a 5LB tub which should last you two and a half months.  
D

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2014, 08:46:21 PM »
Ok cool. I did see that one. Thanks
it taste like liquid raisins...and i hate raisins so it gets scooped in with my protein shake..

bench

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2014, 09:02:54 PM »

1) minimal sugar content
3) a COMPREHENSIVE blend of plant, fruit, andveggie sources (you'll see the better brands have a lot more "good stuff" in em, also a lot more expensive to produce but there's a reason why they include them
5) no soy derivatives
6) reasonably priced according to typical wholesale costs. Usually less than $1 per serving. There's a plethora of shitty brands selling for $0.50 per serving or less that are full of horseshit. Defeats the purpose of even using a superfood product

That's a good list, you clearly did your homework.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:58 PM »
That's a good list, you clearly did your homework.

I only buy the finest of fart powders hahaha

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2014, 10:16:25 PM »

1) minimal sugar content
5) no soy derivatives

Oh brother  ::)

And yet you inject synthetic steroids.
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:01 PM »

This is pretty good for no artificial sweeteners.

this or isopure

no other brand has even come close

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »
this or isopure

no other brand has even come close

Agreed. Taste good and mixes well.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2014, 06:39:06 AM »

Oh brother  ::)

And yet you inject synthetic steroids.

Last I checked they weren't synthetic  :o

Now less Internet, more bicep training young man!