Author Topic: HS kid bench presses 515 x 3 with little effort  (Read 24593 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: HS kid bench presses 515 x 3 with little effort
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:14 AM »
lmao and you are a trainer,  :-[

You're not even close to being ready for this debate. Trust me.

---

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »
what are you on about, that weight would not go up without that kids hands for 3 reps, if you think it would have then you should be ashamed of calling yourself a training cause you certainly do not know what you are talking about.
the spotter probably took a couple of pound from the lift, if that, he basically steadied the bar.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2014, 11:16:28 AM »
Your qualified why cause you train people, I was a personal trainer for years and years and stopped because I was ashamed, I couldn't look at myself charging people 50 dollars for switching the pin on the weight machines for 45 minutes.

oh no, you just made yourself look like an idiot, yes I get your point, he is training and being spotted properly and yes I get your point that you would not have done it differently and yes I get it that this is not powerlifting but did he do 515 for 3 reps?, no he did not.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2014, 11:19:24 AM »
the spotter probably took a couple of pound from the lift, if that, he basically steadied the bar.
still helps though and nobody is saying he is not strong as fuck and no one is saying he did not lift a lot here but it was pointed out he did not do 515 for 3 reps, simple as that, no other argument here as far as I am concerned yet The Coach is trying to be a drama queen and basically suggest that the guys hands on the bar did not make a difference, an embarrassing suggesting coming from a trainer.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: January 22, 2014, 11:24:27 AM »

I wouldn't go that far.  Maybe it's a difference in how we look at things.  I know OTH is or was a competitive powerlifting bench presser as myself.  In the powerlifting world, hands on the bar like that gym or otherwise just invalidate the lift no matter how much you try to justify it.  Same thing a powerlifter would do if he saw someone squatting who was not going deep enough, or someone deadlifting who was hitching.  Yes I am aware the kid is not a powerlifter and is just trying to show off his strength but to a powerlifter, it just isn't right.  I doubt you will find a competitive lifter that would disagree.  I would never post a video of myself saying how strong I am with someone's hands on the bar the whole time.  I would not be taken seriously by anyone who knows and competes.  Sure a bunch of gym rats might think it's impressive, but that is it.  IMO, having the hands on the bar the whole time does little to enhance safety, if anything it just gets you mentally dependent on someone having their hands on the bar.  It may appear that they are not helping much, but 99% of the time they are helping a lot more than they think.  I have been stuck on lifts before where my spotter just barely touched the bar to let me finish the lift.  It wasn't much pressure at all, but it made all the difference.  

Again, it is probably how you look at things.  However and please, any other competitive bench pressers correct me if they think I am wrong.  As Dennis Leary used to say, it's just my opinion, I could be wrong.   8)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:22 AM »
I wouldn't go that far.  Maybe it's a difference in how we look at things.  I know OTH is or was a competitive powerlifting bench presser as myself.  In the powerlifting world, hands on the bar like that gym or otherwise just invalidate the lift no matter how much you try to justify it.  Same thing a powerlifter would do if he saw someone squatting who was not going deep enough, or someone deadlifting who was hitching.  Yes I am aware the kid is not a powerlifter and is just trying to show off his strength but to a powerlifter, it just isn't right.  I doubt you will find a competitive lifter that would disagree.  I would never post a video of myself saying how strong I am with someone's hands on the bar the whole time.  I would not be taken seriously by anyone who knows and competes.  Sure a bunch of gym rats might think it's impressive, but that is it.  IMO, having the hands on the bar the whole time does little to enhance safety, if anything it just gets you mentally dependent on someone having their hands on the bar.  It may appear that they are not helping much, but 99% of the time they are helping a lot more than they think.  I have been stuck on lifts before where my spotter just barely touched the bar to let me finish the lift.  It wasn't much pressure at all, but it made all the difference.  

Again, it is probably how you look at things.  However and please, any other competitive bench pressers correct me if they think I am wrong.  As Dennis Leary used to say, it's just my opinion, I could be wrong.   8)
ask 1000 coaches and trainers if touching the bar makes a difference and 999 out 1000 would say of course it does and coach is the only ''mr. know it all' who say it does not, very basic info like this we learn the first month of training, yet this guy coaches teams and is a big shot self proclaimed ''know way more then all of us'' yet he still has not got over something we learned the first month of training, how bizarre.  ???

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2014, 11:33:38 AM »
also training with hands on the bar is the most dangerous thing in the world, I have seen people fuck themselves up this way before, they are in the gym training with say 275 lb assisted reps through out the movement then come to the gym one day alone without a partner and get buried under the same weight cause they think they can do it

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2014, 11:35:32 AM »
It's a gym lift guys, let's just enjoy it for what it is :).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2014, 11:39:26 AM »
oh ya one more thing here bro, Coach has been called a BSer in the past for claiming a 500+ bench while being 180 or something, I may be off here but it was a world class claim and everyone did not believe this claim but now I do believe this claim to be true 100% because

it is evident now he did this lift while someone was touching the bar so now it is believable, although he thinks the lift is legit but now it makes sense.

You know he was benching 500lb while his spotter was doing up right rows.

funny coach you issued an arrogant challenge claiming I am not ready and called me your son, well where the hell you at son.?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2014, 11:40:33 AM »
It's a gym lift guys, let's just enjoy it for what it is :).
and its one crazy ass lift, very very impressive.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2014, 12:14:39 PM »
PED's

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2014, 12:21:34 PM »
Your qualified why cause you train people, I was a personal trainer for years and years and stopped because I was ashamed, I couldn't look at myself charging people 50 dollars for switching the pin on the weight machines for 45 minutes.

oh no, you just made yourself look like an idiot, yes I get your point, he is training and being spotted properly and yes I get your point that you would not have done it differently and yes I get it that this is not powerlifting but did he do 515 for 3 reps?, no he did not.

I'm qualified because about 16 years ago I had made the decision that I wanted to go beyond just being a "personal trainer" and perused being a strength coach for athletes and teams because the education was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond that of just a personal trainer. That was around the time that strength and conditioning was really evolving as a science. I read and still read almost everything I can and set aside about an hour a day to read, watch DVD's, listen to podcasts, etc. Since then I spend one day per week at USC during the off season (since 2003) with their strength coaches and assisting in a few of the USC strength clinics since the Pete Carroll days up until Kiffen got fired. Chris Carlise was Pete Carrolls S&C coach from the time Carroll took over in 2001 and have learned a great deal from him and we still communicate on a fairly regular basis. As you know, they're going to the Superbowl 8)

I also have spent time with Mike Boyle, Tommy Moffitt (LSU), Sal Alosi (formerly NY Jets now UCLA) and Robert DosRemedios (Coach Dos, College of the Canyons) and Aaron Ausmus.

I personally have 4 CIF (Our state championship) rings, two for wrestling, two for football the most recent being last month for football. and 5 league championships (wrestling, football, baseball). This doesn't include the NFL combine preps, HS combines, college combine and a couple of pro day preps, UFC fighters and currently training two fighters for their belts, one for KSW one for Bellator.

My personal gym consists of 90% athletes. Just because your a trainer in a gym doesn't mean you can effectively train an athlete but the strength coach can train just about everyone.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2014, 12:27:39 PM »
I'm qualified because about 16 years ago I had made the decision that I wanted to go beyond just being a "personal trainer" and perused being a strength coach for athletes and teams because the education was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond that of just a personal trainer. That was around the time that strength and conditioning was really evolving as a science. I read and still read almost everything I can and set aside about an hour a day to read, watch DVD's, listen to podcasts, etc. Since then I spend one day per week at USC during the off season (since 2003) with their strength coaches and assisting in a few of the USC strength clinics since the Pete Carroll days up until Kiffen got fired. Chris Carlise was Pete Carrolls S&C coach from the time Carroll took over in 2001 and have learned a great deal from him and we still communicate on a fairly regular basis. As you know, they're going to the Superbowl 8)

I also have spent time with Mike Boyle, Tommy Moffitt (LSU), Sal Alosi (formerly NY Jets now UCLA) and Robert DosRemedios (Coach Dos, College of the Canyons) and Aaron Ausmus.

I personally have 4 CIF (Our state championship) rings, two for wrestling, two for football the most recent being last month for football. and 5 league championships (wrestling, football, baseball). This doesn't include the NFL combine preps, HS combines, college combine and a couple of pro day preps, UFC fighters and currently training two fighters for their belts, one for KSW one for Bellator.

My personal gym consists of 90% athletes. Just because your a trainer in a gym doesn't mean you can effectively train an athlete but the strength coach can train just about everyone.
so 16 years of strength coaching and years and years of previous personal training and you still do not know that someone touching the bar makes the lift easier.   ??? ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »
BTW, I don't think I know everything, that's a mistake to think such a thing. I do know that there other WELL qualified strength coaches that come on here, so when I say something I'm usually aware of who might be reading this board.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
Coach come on...this kid is making people feel bad about themselves. Its not worth the effort. The critique of his lift...the spotting effort....the whole thing is retarded. The kid is strong as hell and in any good program is only going to get stronger. People are jealous that you do what you love...I'd kill to do what you do, and make an actual living doing it.
L

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2014, 12:32:07 PM »
so 16 years of strength coaching and years and years of previous personal training and you still do not know that someone touching the bar makes the lift easier.   ??? ???

Do they have some magical powers in their fingers?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:06 PM »
That said...his shoulders are gonna last about a month doing that shit.
L

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2014, 12:34:56 PM »
BTW, I don't think I know everything, that's a mistake to think such a thing. I do know that there other WELL qualified strength coaches that come on here, so when I say something I'm usually aware of who might be reading this board.
well you certainly do not know everything if you do not know that someone touches the bar makes the lift easier  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #118 on: January 22, 2014, 12:39:52 PM »
Coach come on...this kid is making people feel bad about themselves. Its not worth the effort. The critique of his lift...the spotting effort....the whole thing is retarded. The kid is strong as hell and in any good program is only going to get stronger. People are jealous that you do what you love...I'd kill to do what you do, and make an actual living doing it.
nobody is jealous about anything, the lift proved it was one of the strongest lifts I have ever seen from a high school student.

i own my own business and do not need to work a day in my life bro and I am young and can also bench 500, but that is not the point here, you are jumping the gun. The point is hand on the bar = the lifts was less then claimed, big deal as even taking a margin off that lifts still makes it incredible but do jump down someone throat like coach did when they make this observation and coach is wrong the hands did make a difference in the lift any trainer on the planet knows this.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »
nobody is jealous about anything, the lift proved it was one of the strongest lifts I have ever seen from a high school student.

i own my own business and do not need to work a day in my life bro and I am young and can also bench 500, but that is not the point here, you are jumping the gun. The point is hand on the bar = the lifts was less then claimed, big deal as even taking a margin off that lifts still makes it incredible but do jump down someone throat like coach did when they make this observation and coach is wrong the hands did make a difference in the lift any trainer on the planet knows this.

Exactly this is a HS kid and is known for his raw power by all the schools recruiting him.  That strength designation on the recruiting page shows he has repeated big lifts at combines.  Even when you watch the pro scout combines it's rare to see guys benching or squatting with perfect form.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2014, 02:33:17 PM »
YOu obviously didn't watch the video. He is getting beat on 1 on 1 pass rush drills.

Every college is not after him.

He has an nfl UPPER BODY. 

His legs, however, look like they are from a much smaller man.  He looks like JJ Watt from the waist up.  But his arms are literally almost as big as his legs.  Won't have the speed or height for NFL, but will kick a little ass and get free college.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2014, 02:36:10 PM »
YOu obviously didn't watch the video. He is getting beat on 1 on 1 pass rush drills.

Every college is not after him.
he only got beat because the black guy put his hands in our boys face playin dirty with no pads
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2014, 02:37:19 PM »
kid could very well  be natural.
hahah bullshit man

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
He has an nfl UPPER BODY. 

His legs, however, look like they are from a much smaller man.  He looks like JJ Watt from the waist up.  But his arms are literally almost as big as his legs.  Won't have the speed or height for NFL, but will kick a little ass and get free college.

he will get busted for roids this kid sucks

i did 370 on creatine for a bouncy ass arched back rep.  his weight is unreal. he doesnt even have fat tits like i had, so hes not even trying to gain obviously

i can see a guy like me trying to gain all i could overeating getting fat tits putting up a terrible 370 boucy rep.

this kid isnt even trying, not even trying to cheat the weight. the true naturals try to bounce or inch up every last pound they can and over eat to bulk strength and get fat

he isnt lean becuause of his genetics its the roids
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
he will get busted for roids this kid sucks

i did 370 on creatine for a bouncy ass arched back rep.  his weight is unreal. he doesnt even have fat tits like i had, so hes not even trying to gain obviously

i can see a guy like me trying to gain all i could overeating getting fat tits putting up a terrible 370 boucy rep.

this kid isnt even trying, not even trying to cheat the weight. the true naturals try to bounce or inch up every last pound they can and over eat to bulk strength and get fat

he isnt lean becuause of his genetics its the roids
wow bro you are doing 370, not bad bro  ;)