Author Topic: HS kid bench presses 515 x 3 with little effort  (Read 24609 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
Re: HS kid bench presses 515 x 3 with little effort
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2014, 08:39:39 AM »
I still question if that was legit.  I've seen many guys do 4 plates and the bar is all bouncy, 5 plates and the bar only slightly bends especially when he bounces it off his chest.

His grip looks a little narrow to me.

I don't know much about benching though, never been any good at it.

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
guys this is not some 5'9 guy...the kid is  6'6 kid benching 500 pounds for reps. That's outer space.

a year of training and he could easily be one of the strongest guys in the world.
l

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
Once he realizes the odds of a white non QB in the NFL to succeed is a hundred billion to one he just might.

Plenty of white O linemen and at minimum he will get a full college ride.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2014, 08:49:03 AM »
Watched his scout films and all he does is run people over.  Every top college in the country is recruiting him and he's a beast.

YOu obviously didn't watch the video. He is getting beat on 1 on 1 pass rush drills.

Every college is not after him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 08:53:57 AM »
He will play at Alabama.

Correction- Bama did offer him but did not pursue him as a top priority.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2014, 08:56:06 AM »
I still question if that was legit.  I've seen many guys do 4 plates and the bar is all bouncy, 5 plates and the bar only slightly bends especially when he bounces it off his chest.

It's a HS weight room in Kansas, don't think the Kansas school district budget is gonna  special order fake plates just to hoodwink all of Get Big! lol

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
guys this is not some 5'9 guy...the kid is  6'6 kid benching 500 pounds for reps. That's outer space.

a year of training and he could easily be one of the strongest guys in the world.

Exactly. Its not even twice his natural weight.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »
Natural, lol , seriously?

Strong kid. There are vids of legit 500 benches from young guys on youtube who look like shit, just because you have a great strength response to aas doesn't mean you'll look like a bodybuilder... Dr layne nerdstrom for eg squats 600 for reps with 26" thighs.

Despite what retards like danta tweedle preach its possible to be strong as fuck and still look like a big boned farm boy or dough lump

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »
Good shit
$

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2014, 09:00:49 AM »
kid could very well  be natural.
l

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2014, 09:03:08 AM »
Takes the full line of MuscleTech products at 2x the recommended dose

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2014, 09:20:32 AM »
YOu obviously didn't watch the video. He is getting beat on 1 on 1 pass rush drills.

Every college is not after him.

I was watching his HS scout films.  Of course he will need coaching.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:34 AM »
No you haven't - you weren't 1/3 the man this kid is when you were in HS and you are no where near able to match his lift now. You are an envious lil bitch and your replies on this thread should embarrass you
actually yes he has  ;)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »
it depends on the bar, this one is indeed legit.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:44 AM »
No you haven't - you weren't 1/3 the man this kid is when you were in HS and you are no where near able to match his lift now. You are an envious lil bitch and your replies on this thread should embarrass you

You're partially right.  My best bench was about 350 for a single rep my senior year of HS.  Never touched juiced and even got my girl pregnant so that kind of made things rough my senior year, but that's another story lol. :o So no, in HS I was not as strong as this kid.  However I am more than able to match his lifting in my current state.  You should not speak of things you do not know and if you actually read my post and understood it, you would see that I never said the kid wasn't very strong.  I simply stated that he should smack his friend for having his hands on the bar like that as it spoils his lift.  Similar to if you go only halfway down and don't come close to touching your chest.  A couple of pet peeves of mine.   8)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 10:20:21 AM »
it depends on the bar, this one is indeed legit.

Have to agree on that.  Unlike the Kai video, the weights did not appear to be fake.  Plus when it comes to fake plates, I have never seen fake plates made in the style he was using so I am sure it was a legit 515.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2014, 10:24:03 AM »
You're partially right.  My best bench was about 350 for a single rep my senior year of HS.  Never touched juiced and even got my girl pregnant so that kind of made things rough my senior year, but that's another story lol. :o So no, in HS I was not as strong as this kid.  However I am more than able to match his lifting in my current state.  You should not speak of things you do not know and if you actually read my post and understood it, you would see that I never said the kid wasn't very strong.  I simply stated that he should smack his friend for having his hands on the bar like that as it spoils his lift.  Similar to if you go only halfway down and don't come close to touching your chest.  A couple of pet peeves of mine.   8)
people do not understand how much it takes away from a lift with hands on a bar, I can add a full plate and have a guy hands on the bar and it will look like he is not helping at all.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:27 AM »

In all fairness, I would bet his coach won't let his athletes spot any other way just for the sake of safety. I'm the same way in a team setting. Just because his hands are hovering close to the bar to even touching the bar doesn't mean those weren't legit lifts. You have to remember, these are still kids, some more experienced lifters than others. That kid spotting did just fine.  

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »
Very trusting of him to have Ricky Hatton spotting him on the left, I would nt let that coke filled car wreck anywhere near me especially if I got 500 big ones hovering over my head

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2014, 10:40:12 AM »
In all fairness, I would bet his coach won't let his athletes spot any other way just for the sake of safety. I'm the same way in a team setting. Just because his hands are hovering close to the bar to even touching the bar doesn't mean those weren't legit lifts. You have to remember, these are still kids, some more experienced lifters than others. That kid spotting did just fine.  
what are you on about, that weight would not go up without that kids hands for 3 reps, if you think it would have then you should be ashamed of calling yourself a training cause you certainly do not know what you are talking about.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2014, 11:04:15 AM »
what are you on about, that weight would not go up without that kids hands for 3 reps, if you think it would have then you should be ashamed of calling yourself a training cause you certainly do not know what you are talking about.

Don't even go there, son. This ain't fucking Gold's or LA Fitness. How in the hell do you know that wouldn't have went up? Do you even pay attention as to what comes out of HS Football programs around the country? I do, it's part of my job. Do you think this is the only kid like this? We have several players that bench in the low 400's that weigh around 240, they also know if their hands arn't close or under the bar, I find someone who will. Let me also say, this wasn't a 1RM, this was for 3. That kids hands damn well better under that bar. WTF is the matter with you??

Get out from training 1 to 1's get on as a strength coach for a HS, get 60 players in a weight room then report back.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »
It's a HS weight room in Kansas, don't think the Kansas school district budget is gonna  special order fake plates just to hoodwink all of Get Big! lol

They would do it to get their kids into college programs and up their numbers a bit

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »
Don't even go there, son. This ain't fucking Gold's or LA Fitness. How in the hell do you know that wouldn't have went up? Do you even pay attention as to what comes out of HS Football programs around the country? I do, it's part of my job. Do you think this is the only kid like this? We have several players that bench in the low 400's that weigh around 240, they also know if their hands arn't close or under the bar, I find someone who will. Let me also say, this wasn't a 1RM, this was for 3. That kids hands damn well better under that bar. WTF is the matter with you??

Get out from training 1 to 1's get on as a strength coach for a HS, get 60 players in a weight room then report back.

lmao and you are a trainer,  :-[

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2014, 11:11:26 AM »
They would do it to get their kids into college programs and up their numbers a bit

Big numbers don't help much if at all.