Author Topic: Things people do in the gym that annoy me:  (Read 37941 times)

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
Re: Things people do in the gym that annoy me:
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2006, 01:58:21 PM »
The gay ass guy that goes to the gym, spends 30 minutes to stretch out his hamstrings as though he were going work out legs, and then works out his chest.

I'd like to see you bench with tight hammies   ;D
Motherboy (the band).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2006, 02:09:54 PM »
I'd like to see you bench with tight hammies   ;D

yeeee haw!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2006, 03:53:11 PM »
religious fanatics that go to the gym because the "spirit mind body" connection and cuz god told them so and cuz their cult church in the house kinda gathering preacher/paster told them so. it's all over usa now days..i see girls waking up every day at 4 am entering the gym at 4:30am  6 times a week. what kinda normal chic would do it. relegious fanatics..from ymca to your local golds. the guys also buy lots of gear...for the love of god. digusting
fallen angel

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
religious fanatics that go to the gym because the "spirit mind body" connection and cuz god told them so and cuz their cult church in the house kinda gathering preacher/paster told them so. it's all over usa now days..i see girls waking up every day at 4 am entering the gym at 4:30am  6 times a week. what kinda normal chic would do it. relegious fanatics..from ymca to your local golds. the guys also buy lots of gear...for the love of god. digusting

your a moron! go hit they weights little bug!
just push some weight!

tingnting

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Let it snow..!
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2006, 10:42:17 PM »
i hate it when guys come over and offer lifting advice ... 90% of the time im in better shape than them (and i point it out :P)
that's quality.  a gym worker tried to tell me how to incline bench. without dropping any plates, he unloaded the bar,realised what a knob he was but continued to show me. he couldn't lift it back up and i just walked off leaving 170kg on his neck. he tilts the bar so the plates fall off only for it to flip up, taking out 2 large mirrors. shame i was the only 1 training. and i can't stand all that jail time talk he always gave me

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2006, 10:45:01 PM »
Oh yeh, i never thought that could be the reason, oh well, i always thought it was because i could bench 220 for 6

HAHAHA...What a beast!!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2006, 11:41:49 PM »

Are you implying that it might have been you at Best Buy? You seem awfully defensive.
Yea it was me!  ;D  I'm pissed I got spotted stalking 240 in the Rap section of Best buy.  I was trying my best to be inconspicuous with my outfit. :P

boxerz1

• Getbig II
  • deeet da dee
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2006, 12:16:03 AM »
know what I really hate.....

The little 18y/o bastards that grunt and groan and arch their backs like the golden arches of McDonalds then see you from 25 feet away.  Gawk at you like your some kind of greek god and with the most tuff "full of shit" voice they can muster up ask "Yo how much you bench man"
I lost my ass in Vegas

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2006, 12:57:30 AM »
Um, no. The spotter is there to add assistance in case you get stuck.

A good spotter does both......

I'm not sure how heavy you lift, Brian......but when you go up high to a certain point, there isn't much of a buffer between "getting suck" and "losing the weight".

Lift heavier and you'll see what I mean.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2006, 01:05:28 AM »
 I agree with Div. I think a GOOD spotter KNOWS when to help and when not to help,but ultimately they are there to insure the safety of the lifter.Anything can happen,and nothing sucks more than a bad spotter,you know,one who isn't even paying attention when you unrack the bar and start to lower it.

redsox957

• Getbig I
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
i hate when people give me weird looks when i masturbate in the showers

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2006, 12:15:20 PM »
I had a similar issue with a trainer at my gym.  He tried to tell me that if I really wanted to pack on thigh size that I shouldn't squat or front squat but rather leg press, deadlift (?), and do partial squats.  I still laugh when I see this guy.  I may not have massive legs but neither does this clown and I will take my chances squatting.

You need to think outside the box.

That trainer probably doesn't train for the same goals that you do.  You judging his knowledge by the size of his legs is pretty ignorant.  Depending on his certification, he probably knows alot more than you do.  That means he probably knows the best way to gain size, or strength, whatever the client wants. 

Of course, he probably shouldn't be interrupting your set with unsolicited advice, that's on him.  Still, I'd be willing to be he knows more than you do.  To ignore his advice makes you look like a fool....

DIV

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2006, 12:37:39 PM »
Oh BTW, when I said they are after strength wand weight, they do not want to be aesthetic or have balance.  I want strength and weight, but more in the sense that it is quality muscle and not strictly training like a powerlifter.  Just had to add this.

In that case, you have a point.  You probably should have just told him to mind his own business.  I workout at LA Fitness, and there are only two trainers there who I personally know have been there, done that.....know how to lift.  The others are booknerds, women, or mainly sales type guys.  None of them try to give me advice, because I'm larger than all of them and I handle weight none of them do.  Them giving me advice on lifting would be funny.  They cater mostly to people who are novices, people have have been lifting for years and know their bodies, they really can't do much for.  You can only learn to so much from a certification, years of lifting is more valuable, IMO.

Some PT's never understand this......and it shows in their techniques.

DIV

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2006, 04:21:09 PM »
i guess that's why you're packing a massive, shredded 210 lbs. at 6'2" right?

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
When there are more than 5 people in the gym it bugs me! I train at odd hours to minimize human contact  :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2006, 06:14:31 PM »
i hate when people give me weird looks when i masturbate in the showers

It's your penis, and your soap.  Why should anyone be able to tell you how to wash it?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2006, 07:04:17 PM »
I hate it when somebody does a "drive by" and drops a nasty smelly silent fart. >:( Now I have been known to drop a few bombs myself,but I try and leave the weightroom first. Nothing is worse than doing squats and having your heart pounding out of your chest,and gasping for oxygen while trying not to puke,and then get'n a big wiff of rotten ass!! >:(

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »
The same can be said for friends that take up two benches at a time and bullshit in between sets. They should jsut share a bench and change the weight as needed.

I've seen kids do that.......when it's busy, I just take one of their benches and tell them to share the other one.  If they don't like it, tough.  If I was in their position, I'd give up the extra bench.

Sometimes you just need to regulate your area.

DIV

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »
DIV...I couldn't agree more about regulating the area.  I hate having to be a dick about it but sometimes these people leave you with no choice.  I guess the concept of "other people" doesn't run through some people's heads.  It reminds me of a time I went in for a leg workout.  I saw that the one and only squat rack was being used so I warmed up on leg extensions for about five minutes (multiple sets).  The guy was still there so I jumped on the bike and got some more blood flowing.  In the time I did all of this I saw the guy do a good eight sets of half assed squats and finally went over and asked him if he was almost done and if not for him to please let me know so that I could go to another LA Fitness to get in some squats.  He finished his last set and moved on.  For those thinking that I am trying to be a bad ass, I am not; I am simply illustrating DIV's point.  I don't get into the habit of waiting for equipment but on leg day I make an exception because people use the power rack for everything other than power exercises (eg curls).

The LA Fitness I go to has a couple of each machine and a huge freeweight area, so I don't have that problem.

Besides.....the crowd that comes is hardly the type to use freeweights that much.

Most an upperbody type.....or women.  I'm lucky.......some smaller LA Fitness gyms don't have a huge variety of options.

DIV

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2006, 07:39:46 PM »
Go read another book, Ayn Rand......

I read some of her stuff.

*just thought I'd just mention that for no apparent reason*

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2006, 08:00:05 PM »
Saw a few crap things in the gym lately:

1. A black dude (no offense, I guess black guys just have more rhythm and soul) and he was dancing on his tip toes to that shit 'love generation' song in front of the pec deck machine while wearing a gay looking snoop dogg baseball jersey. He wasn't taking the piss either.

2. A Seppo wearing a 'tank top' which was split down the sides almost to the very bottom so he might as well been wearing a net ball bib. He wasn't big either which would only make it half wanky.

3. Sorry Lee, but your new face tattoo looks shite.

That's all folks.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2006, 08:04:19 PM »
Ya, mine is small but the same crowd comes in.  Its hard to tell who is worse some times, the women or the men but then again it is LA Fitness so it is not great to start.  I think  I will eventually switch over to a Gold's but from what I have heard, even those gyms are becoming like LA Fitness.  It could be worse, I could have nowhere to work out so I just deal with it.

Don't switch over to Golds, it's more expensive and you will encounter the same crowd over there.......maybe worse.

At least with LA Fitness if you workout early or late, you can have the free weights all to yourself.  At Golds there is alway someone trying to avoid the crowds like you and I do.....

DIV

piscitella

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2006, 08:16:44 PM »
I work out at LA fitness in chandler and its not that bad right now.  Jan and Feb sucked real bad but the crowds are gone and the gym isn't that pack any more.  Throw on some headphone and ignore everyone else and its not a bad place to workout!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2006, 06:37:32 AM »
I can't stand "coach". You know who he is. The smelly, sweaty, diabetic, old white guy that supposedly coaches a semi-pro football team he'd like for you to try out for.

Creepy gay gay: The one that follows guys around the locker room, LOL! Last week some douche' actually used both showers on either side of the one I was using, while showering. I left the shower and the fkr actually had the curtain open while showering, LOL! I decided to not dry off in the shower area in front of this guy and went to the locker room. Next, he leaves the shower, walks through the locker room and then goes back to shower again. That's creepy, I nearly complained to the manager about this creep but got distracted by some hot chick with a thick ass on the way out and let the matter drop. 

RAT MCBAT

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2006, 08:41:24 AM »
Ya, mine is small but the same crowd comes in.  Its hard to tell who is worse some times, the women or the men but then again it is LA Fitness so it is not great to start.  I think  I will eventually switch over to a Gold's but from what I have heard, even those gyms are becoming like LA Fitness.  It could be worse, I could have nowhere to work out so I just deal with it.
i gave up my golds membership, too many old people signing up to rehab. not the 40-50 crowd, im talking 85+ grannies leg pressing the carrage. when i saw that i had to go
forget what you know