Author Topic: I wasted a lot of time Hoisting and Lifting weights like Chaos.  (Read 19581 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
I wasted a lot of time Hoisting and Lifting weights like Chaos.
« on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:46 AM »
I really wish I could have all that time wasted back.  Whats the point of moving a weight from point A to point B if you really aren`t getting much benefit.  Why would anyone want to be the best at exercising?  :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: I wasted a lot of time Hoisting and Lifting weights like Chaos.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:30:09 AM »
Troll level 10 trillion engaged

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:49:49 AM »
I really wish I could have all that time wasted back.  Whats the point of moving a weight from point A to point B if you really aren`t getting much benefit.  Why would anyone want to be the best at exercising?  :D
To get laid. BUT...in your case I agree. Your facial resemblance to Mike Katz is too much to overcome. May as well take it easy, maybe take up stamp collecting.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:50:19 AM »
Troll level 10 trillion engaged

Lmao!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »
To get laid. BUT...in your case I agree. Your facial resemblance to Mike Katz is too much to overcome. May as well take it easy, maybe take up stamp collecting.
I am stronger than you on any lift though.  :-\

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 11:52:13 AM »
how long did it take to deadlift that weight for all those reps again...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 11:56:08 AM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:58:02 AM »
I am stronger than you on any lift though.  :-\
Maybe...maybe not. You are free to assume that. However, your face is a matter of public record.  And you do, undeniably, resemble Mike Katz. And that could be a deal breaker with the ladies.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 11:59:31 AM »
Maybe...maybe not. You are free to assume that. However, your face is a matter of public record.  And you do, undeniably, resemble Mike Katz. And that could be a deal breaker with the ladies.
Its true.  You are a weakling.  You have time to fix that though. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 12:02:56 PM »

I like how my phrase that I invented... "moving the weight from point A to point B" is becoming part of training lexicon.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:33 PM »
I like how my phrase that I invented... "moving the weight from point A to point B" is becoming part of training lexicon.
Its true.  It really is useless.  I started slowing down the form, really squeezing, slow and controlled and its like I am new to working out all over again.  Hoisting and lifting really gets you nowhere.  It might sound cool to say, "I can do X amount of weight X amount of times", but nobody really cares.

Lifting and hoisting weights is simple, feeling the contraction and going slow is way more difficult, not to mention beneficial.

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:10:39 PM »
Its true.  You are a weakling.  You have time to fix that though. 
Perhaps I am, but you can only guess. You, however, look like Mike Katz. And no amount of size or strength can overcome that. Not your fault dude. Just bad genetics.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:59 PM »
CalvinH did not make the list. Chaos just likes to lift heavy stuff to each his own.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:24 PM »
hoisting and throwing and swinigng around weights seem to be releasing of frustration over what you see in mirror exrecise.

:-\
n

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »
Its true.  It really is useless.  I started slowing down the form, really squeezing, slow and controlled and its like I am new to working out all over again.  Hoisting and lifting really gets you nowhere.  It might sound cool to say, "I can do X amount of weight X amount of times", but nobody really cares.

Lifting and hoisting weights is simple, feeling the contraction and going slow is way more difficult, not to mention beneficial.

Exactly. ..no one cares how strong you are. And plus I'm really strong anyway  :D

It's not like your strength goes away...you are just training safer..more intelligently and your physique looks ten times better.because you work the MUSCLE and not tendons and joints.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
CalvinH did not make the list. Chaos just likes to lift heavy stuff to each his own.

He does make the list for people who never make lists though.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »

Whats the point of looking like you can move weight from point A to point B if you really can't?

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 01:50:48 PM »
Whats the point of looking like you can move weight from point A to point B if you really can't?
exactly--------reminds me of that wonderful video of that synthol bag Rich Piana getting owned by a 150lb dude on south American TV, where he tore his knee. 

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 01:53:44 PM »
It dosent have to be either or. Do first excercise of that bodypart heavy for strength then do the rest bodybuilder style and get the best of both worlds.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
groink oozing testosterone in every post

i bet he smells great - no homo
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 02:09:55 PM »
I think you and Nordic are missing the point.  There is jerking the weight to get to Point A to Point B which will complete a lift and there is lowering the weight drastically and really working the muscle.

I can lift anything with momentum in large amounts of poundages.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »
I did 10 lb lateral raises today in a different way that I never have before.  Learned it from a Lifetime Natural.  Crazy intense burning and can`t even lift my arms up.  I normally could go up to 40s and 45s with okay form and I would feel it, but not near as much.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:04 PM »
As you get older heaving the weights at rocket speed will just lead to injuries. Chaos isn't of this earth in case anyone hasn't noticed. ;D

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2014, 02:17:39 PM »
I did 10 lb lateral raises today in a different way that I never have before.  Learned it from a Lifetime Natural.  Crazy intense burning and can`t even lift my arms up.  I normally could go up to 40s and 45s with okay form and I would feel it, but not near as much.

Assuming you are speaking the truth, it would also have the added benefit of being significantly less stressful on your joints and such.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:08 PM »

But does this lead to visible effects? Do you measure progress systematically, or do you simply assume that since you "feel" the contraction and the burn, that it is more efficient?

An interesting observation regarding lifting technique: Look at Branch Warren vs Phil Heath. Heath keeps constant tension and uses controlled movement. Branch is a macho midget who uses momentum for what it's worth. Main difference in their builds (not including structural differences), is the torn look of Branch's physique. Especially the arms, and most prononunced in his forearms and triceps insertions/ attachments at the elbow. Does the swinging (hoisting?) lead to some sort of micro-tearing  that causes the creeping muscle-bellies? His forearms were much more massive when he was young.

Other hoist guys are Rich Gaspari and King Kamali and they also have the same "creeping muscle bellies" look, especially arms and most pronounced at the triceps insertions and forearms.

NN