Author Topic: Stick a fork in her, Wendy Davis is done!  (Read 3373 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Stick a fork in her, Wendy Davis is done!
« on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:30 AM »
Thanks to those democrat idiots at Battleground Texas.

Project Veritas is doing a great job.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Stick a fork in her, Wendy Davis is done!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
Battlegroung Texas endorsing voting fraud at the end.

Attacking a man in a wheelchair.

They sure do care about everyone. They sure are tolerant.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
Battlegroung Texas endorsing voting fraud at the end.

Attacking a man in a wheelchair.

They sure do care about everyone. They sure are tolerant.

Politics are dirty...both sides do it
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:12:13 AM »
Operating like a Chicago politician.

Project Veritas Undercover Video: Wendy Davis Supporters Caught Mocking Texas AG Greg Abbott's Disability

NEW YORK, NY – Today Project Veritas released a new undercover video exposing Wendy Davis campaign supporters and Battleground Texas staff mocking Attorney General Greg Abbott’s disability. Also caught on tape is a Texas election official advocating voter fraud.

Staff are seen on camera making statements such as “Since he's in a wheelchair and most the slogans are "Stand with Wendy" and "Stand with Texas Women", isn't that amazing to think of? He's in a wheelchair and we want to stand with Wendy?”

When a Deputy Voter Registrar is asked about forging signatures on absentee ballots she covered her ears and then went on to admit, “People do that all the time.” A Battleground Texas volunteer then added, “I don’t think it’s legal but I didn’t hear you say that.”

This is the first video in a series to follow. Project Veritas is non-partisan and does not advocate for political candidates or parties. The purpose of Project Veritas’ investigations is to expose waste, fraud, dishonesty and self-dealing.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/23/project-veritas-undercover-video-wendy-davis-supporters-caught-mocking-texas-ag-greg

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »
I hope she loses in a landslide

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
Good commentary.

Column: The Faux Heroism of That Fabulist Feminist Icon Wendy Davis
By Ann Coulter | January 24, 2014

Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator running for governor, became a liberal superhero last June when she filibustered a bill to prohibit abortions after 20 weeks. (This was the good filibuster, not that awful filibuster three months later by Ted Cruz -- that was just grandstanding.)

Apart from her enthusiasm for abortion (and you have to admit, abortion is really cool), the centerpiece of Davis' campaign is her life story. Also the fact that she's a progressive woman who doesn't look like Betty Friedan.

In a typical formulation, Time magazine said Davis was someone who could give the Democrats "'real people' credibility," based on "her own personal story -- an absent father, a sixth-grade-educated mother, a teen pregnancy, followed by life as a single mom in a mobile home, then community college and, at last, Harvard Law School."

The headlines capture the essence of Wendy-mania:

CNN: Wendy Davis: From Teen Mom to Harvard Law to Famous Filibuster

Bloomberg: Texas Filibuster Star Rose From Teen Mom to Harvard Law

The Independent (UK): Wendy Davis: Single Mother From Trailer Park Who Has Become Heroine of Pro-Choice Movement

Cosmopolitan: Find a Sugar Daddy to Put You Through Law School!

Actually, that last one I made up, but as we now know, it's more accurate than Davis' rags-to-riches life story.

The truth was gently revealed in the Dallas Morning News this week. Far from an attack, this was a puff-piece written by Wayne Slater, rabid partisan Democratic hack and co-author of the book, "Bush's Brain." (He is not an admirer of Bush's brain.) It would be like Sean Hannity breaking a scandal about Ted Cruz.

The first hint that Slater was trying to help Davis get ahead of the story and tilt it her way is his comment that Davis' life story is "more complicated" than her version -- i.e., completely the opposite -- adding, "as often happens when public figures aim to define themselves."

Actually, the truth is much simpler than her story. Also, be sure to look for that "as often happens" excuse the next time a Republican gets caught lying about his resume.

Slater's peculiar obsession with whether Davis was 19 or 21 when she got her first divorce, and exactly how long she lived in a trailer home, is meant to deflect attention from something much more problematic: the huge whoppers Davis told.

Her big lies were about the obstacles she had to overcome and how she overcame them, not about how old she was at the time of her first divorce.

She claims she was raised by a single mother, went to work at age 14 to support her family, became a single mother herself in her teens, and then -- by sheer pluck and determination -- pulled herself out of the trailer park to graduate from Harvard Law School!

The truth is less coal-miner's daughter than gold-digger who found a sugar daddy to raise her kids and pay for her education.

Point No. 1: Davis' family wasn't working-class. Her father owned a sandwich shop and a dinner theater, which puts Davis solidly into middle-class land.

Point No. 2: No one who works at MSNBC would know this, but everyone whose parents run a family business starts work at age 14, if not sooner.

Point No. 3: Her parents were separated, but that is not the commonly accepted meaning of "single mother."

Point No. 4: As for being a single mother at age 19 -- she wasn't a "single mother" in the traditional sense, either. She was married at age 18, had a child at 19 and divorced her first husband, a construction worker, at 21. (He couldn't afford tuition at Harvard.)

So she got married young? That isn't a hard-luck story. Well into the 1950s, nearly half of all first-born children were born to married women under the age of 20.

But Wendy Davis' harrowing nightmare of poverty and sacrifice wasn't over yet.

Just a few years after her first divorce, Wendy was on the make, asking to date Jeff Davis, a rich lawyer 13 years her senior, who frequented her father's dinner club. In short order, they married and had a child together.

The next thing Jeff Davis knew, he was paying off her college tuition, raising their kids by himself and taking out a loan to send her to Harvard Law School.

(Feminists rushed to the stores to buy the shoes Davis wore during her famous filibuster. I'd like the shoes she was wearing when she met her sugar daddy.)

Then Wendy left her kids with the sugar daddy in Texas -- even the daughter from her first marriage -- while she attended Harvard Law.

Slater says Davis' kids lived with Jeff Davis in Texas while she attended law school. Wendy Davis claims her girls lived with her during her first year of law school. Let's say that's true. Why not the other two years? And what was the matter with the University of Texas Law School?

Sorry, MSNBC, I know you want to fixate on how many months Davis spent in the trailer park and her precise age when the first divorce went through. And that would be an incredibly stupid thing for conservatives to obsess on, if they were, in fact, obsessing on it. But I'm still stuck on her leaving her kids behind while she headed off to a law school 1,500 miles away.

The reason Wendy Davis' apocryphal story was impressive is that single mothers have to run a household, take care of kids and provide for a family all by themselves. But Wendy was neither supporting her kids, nor raising them. If someone else is taking care of your kids and paying your tuition, that's not amazing.

Hey -- maybe Jeff Davis should run for governor! He's the one who raised two kids, including a stepdaughter, while holding down a job and paying for his wife's law school. There's a hard-luck story!

Mr. Davis told the Dallas Morning News that Wendy dumped him as soon as he had finished paying off her Harvard Law School loan. "It was ironic," he said. "I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left."

In his defense, a lot of people are confused about the meaning of "ironic." That's not "ironic." Rather, it's what we call: "entirely predictable."
It's ironic -- my car stopped running right after I ran out of gas.

It's ironic -- my house was broken into, and the next thing I knew all my valuables were missing.

It's ironic -- I was punched in the face right before my nose broke.

In his petition for divorce, Mr. Davis accused his wife of adultery. The court made no finding on infidelity, but awarded him full custody of their underage child and ordered Wendy to pay child support.

Wendy boasted to the Dallas Morning News: "I very willingly, as part of my divorce settlement, paid child support." Would a divorced dad get a medal for saying that?

In response to Wayne Slater's faux-"expose," naturally Davis put out a statement denouncing ... her probable Republican opponent, Greg Abbott. Again, Slater wrote the story. But Davis blathered on, blaming Abbott for the Dallas Morning News story and complaining that he hasn't "walked a day in my shoes."

About that she's certainly right. Greg Abbott could never walk a day in her shoes or anyone else's. He's a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair.
I guess Wendy could teach him a lot about suffering.

Davis also said these attacks "won't work, because my story is the story of millions of Texas women ..." Yes, for example, Anna Nicole Smith. Though at least Smith had the decency not to ask for a paid education.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ann-coulter/2014/01/24/column-faux-heroism-fabulist-feminist-icon-wendy-davis#ixzz2rdDGEcFw

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 05:52:50 PM »
Operating like a Chicago politician.

Project Veritas Undercover Video: Wendy Davis Supporters Caught Mocking Texas AG Greg Abbott's Disability

NEW YORK, NY – Today Project Veritas released a new undercover video exposing Wendy Davis campaign supporters and Battleground Texas staff mocking Attorney General Greg Abbott’s disability. Also caught on tape is a Texas election official advocating voter fraud.

Staff are seen on camera making statements such as “Since he's in a wheelchair and most the slogans are "Stand with Wendy" and "Stand with Texas Women", isn't that amazing to think of? He's in a wheelchair and we want to stand with Wendy?”

When a Deputy Voter Registrar is asked about forging signatures on absentee ballots she covered her ears and then went on to admit, “People do that all the time.” A Battleground Texas volunteer then added, “I don’t think it’s legal but I didn’t hear you say that.”

This is the first video in a series to follow. Project Veritas is non-partisan and does not advocate for political candidates or parties. The purpose of Project Veritas’ investigations is to expose waste, fraud, dishonesty and self-dealing.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/23/project-veritas-undercover-video-wendy-davis-supporters-caught-mocking-texas-ag-greg

She's trash...and no surprise that libs are silent.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 06:53:35 PM »
Thanks to those democrat idiots at Battleground Texas.

Project Veritas is doing a great job.

Won't affect anything.  The Teacher's Association has already endorsed Wendy Davis and quite frankly....what good is Project Verita's video going to do when no one is going to see it.  The media has already blacked out that moron a long time ago. ;D

It will be quite difficult for a Democrat to win in Texas....but anything is possible
A

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
all dems out due to obamacare and debt 11T in 5 yaers

repubs will own house senate and presz soon

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 05:09:49 AM »
all dems out due to obamacare and debt 11T in 5 yaers

repubs will own house senate and presz soon

So...landslide?  :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »
So...landslide?  :D

Lied by a landslide. We warned you dolts.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
UT/TT Poll: Abbott Holds 11-Point Lead Over Davis
by Ross Ramsey Feb. 24, 2014

After what are shaping up to be easy primary wins in March for the leading gubernatorial candidates, Republican Greg Abbott starts the general election race for governor with an 11-point lead over Democrat Wendy Davis, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.

Meanwhile, several statewide races on the Republican primary ballot — for lieutenant governor, attorney general and comptroller — appear headed for May runoffs. None of the leaders in those races looks close to the 50 percent support they would need to win next month's primary outright.

In the governor’s race, Abbott would beat Davis 47 percent to 36 percent in a general election held today, with 17 percent of registered voters saying they have not made up their minds about which candidate to support, according to the poll.

“We’ve been talking since the beginning of this race about whether anything would be different, and we’re not seeing anything that’s different,” said Jim Henson, co-director of the poll and head of the Texas Politics Project at the University of Texas at Austin. “There was some talk about how Davis had done better in our last poll, and that was partially an artifact of her rise in the fall, and we’re seeing something of a reassertion of the normal pattern.”

In the October survey, Davis’ announcement and sudden political celebrity cut the Republican's lead over her to 6 percentage points. Now, the distance between the two has widened a bit.

“The story of the last four months is, Davis loses a couple points, Abbott gains a couple of points,” said Daron Shaw, co-director of the poll and a professor of government at UT-Austin. “He had a pretty good couple of months. She had a pretty bad couple of months, all without many people paying attention.”

Before they get to the general election, each faces a primary election. On the Republican side, the poll found Abbott well ahead of his rivals, with 90 percent support among likely Republican voters, followed by Miriam Martinez at 5 percent, Lisa Fritsch at 4 percent and Larry Secede Kilgore at 1 percent. Davis leads Ray Madrigal 87 percent to 13 percent among likely Democratic voters.

. . .

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/02/24/uttt-poll-abbott-holds-11-point-lead-over-davis/

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 04:05:16 PM »

X2

Called it over a month ago.

"Turn texas blue"  ::) ::)

Greg Abbot trounces her by double digits easy.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 08:37:38 AM »
Abortion barbie gonna get aborted :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2014, 08:46:12 AM »

history is packed with bad guys that got away with it because the opposition was inept or just plain weak.

This might just be one of those things.  Obama/libs get their healthcare, amnesty, etc pushed thru.... even though the majority of Americans don't want it.  Why?  Because the opposition - in this case the republicans - are too divided, weak, inept to stop it.  OR, some of them support it.

Whatever the case, it's been over 5 years of Obama reign now, and he's still doing everything he wants, and Repubs are still talking about stopping him.  Talking.   Clinton got impeached for lying about a BJ... yet Obama lets Benghazi happen so he can hang out with rappers, actor, celebs.... Obama lies about it... and the Repubs fail to bring about impeachment proceedings. 

The Repubs in 90s had balls.  Today's group does not.  Tough to argue it.

And PLEASE, don't give us the "but the dems wouldn't turn on obama and impeach him" - because nobody thought the dems would bail on Clinton for the BJ lie/monicagate.  And they did! 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »
history is packed with bad guys that got away with it because the opposition was inept or just plain weak.

Focus. Wendy Davis.

There are other threads on this board dealing with the failureinthewhitehouse. This is not one of them.

Back to the lying Wendy Davis.

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 05:33:13 AM »
Davis must not be all that bright if she doesn't realize that in this age of media lies and exaggerations will be uncovered quickly.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 01:13:29 PM »
Is Wendy Davis' political star fading in Texas gubernatorial race?
By Kelley Beaucar Vlahos
Published September 02, 2014
FoxNews.com

As a feisty state senator with pink sneakers and a fist in the air, Wendy Davis captured both the love and the ire of America last year when she pulled an 11-hour filibuster of anti-abortion measures in the Texas Capitol.

But after using that star power to win her party's nomination for governor, Davis is still struggling to take a lead over Republican Attorney General Greg Abbott, and some say party confidence in her race is waning.

"I think the frustration in some Democratic circles is that, despite her star power and substantial war chest, she has not been able to move the dial against Greg Abbott after a year on the campaign trail," Mark Jones, political science professor at Rice University in Houston, told FoxNews.com.

Even the high-profile, abuse-of-power indictment of Republican Gov. Rick Perry, whom Davis hopes to replace, didn't seem to hurt Abbott or raise the Democrat's profile over the media din.

Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics, said the Perry indictment might even give Abbot "a bit of a boost since Republicans are so angry that it happened."

In an illustrative moment, Davis, 51, was forced to hit back against the head of the Democratic Governors Association back in April when he suggested publicly that her race wasn't competitive enough to be considered a top-tier priority. "We're hopeful in Texas, but we all understand that Democrats haven't won Texas in a long time," DGA Chairman and Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin told reporters.

It didn't take long for Davis, an attorney who has been serving in the Texas state Senate since 2008, to respond. She called Shumlin "uninformed" and a "Washington, D.C., desk jockey." But by then, the media narrative that Davis's campaign was on an impossible journey was on its way.

It's been a tough narrative to break.

"For Wendy Davis, Filibuster Goes Only So Far in Race to Be Governor of Texas," blared a headline in The New York Times in June, along with an accounting of the campaign's alleged weaknesses, including the hiring of a Washington, D.C., operative instead of a Lone Star State political veteran for her campaign manager. "She didn't have any Texas experience," Jones said of campaign manager Karin Johanson, who has since left.

Others say the Davis campaign did a poor job of "controlling her own story." A Dallas Morning News profile back in January, for instance, poked holes in what had ostensibly been a rags-to-riches journey. "I hated that piece," Cenk Uygur, co-host of the progressive "Young Turks" said at the time. "It was a hatchet job ... and of course the conservatives loved it and went to town on it."

Jones said "the bubble was burst" by some of the revelations in the story, like that Davis pursued her law degree at Harvard, which her husband had paid for by liquidating his own 401k fund. They later divorced.

Analysts cited a recoil from that story, and shortly afterward a poll was released showing that her unfavorability ratings were actually going up among women.

Until August, state polls generally had her trailing Abbott, by between 10 and 15 points on average. Analysts say any Democrat would have a difficult time winning in a Republican-dominated state that President Obama lost by 16 percentage points in 2012.

"Media hype does not produce votes most of the time," Sabato said. "Wendy Davis received enormous amounts of state and national coverage, but the Democratic base in Texas is nowhere near a majority of the electorate."

Not everyone agrees. The media narrative is so bound to the notion that no Democrat can win the red state -- much less a left-of-center liberal who during the debate over new abortion restrictions accused Perry of "demonizing women" -- that some are ignoring the latest poll.  An Aug. 8 survey by  Rasmussen showed Davis only trailing Abbott by 8 points. (As for the abortion restrictions, they passed anyway even after the filibuster, but they were recently put on hold after a federal judge found them unconstitutional.)

"The intelligence you have is not correct at all -- the level of excitement for Wendy this summer has been tremendous," exclaimed Jan Soifer, chairwoman of the Travis County Democratic Party in Austin, in an interview with FoxNews.com.

"In the heat of the summer in Texas we never get this level of enthusiasm, but we are," she added. "It's amazing."

Political analyst Liz Chadderdon agrees that the whole story is not playing out in press. "She has energized people that have not been energized for Texas governor's races," she said.

"Trust me -- the polls may not be reflecting how much energy there is on the ground for Wendy, but I think you're going to see that change as we get post-Labor Day, she's got $20 million and she will be up on television. I think you're going to see this race change very quickly."

According to recent reports, Davis has raised $27 million, while Abbott has raised $35 million.

Davis' campaign did not return repeated requests for comment.

Reaching out for the women's vote is part of the strategy as Davis recently released an ad accusing Abbott of dissenting in a ruling that made a vacuum company liable for a rape of a woman by a door-to-door salesman in 1998. Abbott was a state Supreme Court justice at the time. Fact-checker PolitiFact called the ad "mostly true."

Analysts say Abbott has kept his powder dry by not spending as much on ads, which means he could unleash a barrage of ads against her in response, and in the last crucial weeks of the campaign, if he wishes.

"Her campaign has been far too concerned with why Greg Abbott wouldn't be a good governor and not why Wendy Davis would be a good governor," Jones said. "She is not giving women a good enough reason to vote for her."

That's just not so, said Soifer, who claimed Davis is poised to bring women, who are historically low-turnout voters in Texas, to the polls in November.

"I think there is a sense on the part of many women of this state we that need to stand up and take notice. They are voting for the first time or voting for the first time in a long time, in this election," and they're voting for Davis, she added. "I think at that point you will see that this isn't a 'Red State'."

That's what Austin resident Mary Patrick, a volunteer for Davis, says too. "I think all kinds of people can win here, including Democrats," she told FoxNews.com.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/09/02/is-wendy-davis-political-star-fading-in-texas-gubernatorial-race/

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
Apparently that austin bitch in the article doesnt realise that in texas, most women DONT vote democrat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 02:48:52 PM »
she's polling closer than obama lost by.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 11:37:45 AM »
Wendy Davis Struggles to Gain Traction in Texas Governor’s Race
Polls Show Democratic Lawmaker Trailing Republican Greg Abbott
By NATHAN KOPPEL CONNECT
Updated Oct. 5, 2014

AUSTIN, Texas—Despite raising millions of dollars and attracting international media attention, Democrat Wendy Davis is struggling to make her campaign for Texas governor competitive.

Democrats had high hopes that the state senator, who became an overnight sensation among liberals last year with a marathon filibuster of an abortion bill, could turn the tide in Texas, where the party hasn’t won a statewide race in two decades. But Ms. Davis has failed to garner traction against Republican Greg Abbott, the state attorney general, damping Democrats’ hopes of loosening the GOP’s dominance in the state.

A poll released Wednesday by the Texas Lyceum, a nonpartisan public-policy group, showed Ms. Davis nine percentage points behind Mr. Abbott. The Rasmussen Reports, meanwhile, released a poll Friday showing Mr. Abbott 11 points ahead.

Ms. Davis, a 51-year-old who rose from teenage parenthood to attend Harvard Law School, faces a “Mount Everest” climb in the final month of her campaign, said Jim Riddlesperger, a political-science professor at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth. She not only has to win over swing voters, he said, but also ensure that her supporters are inspired enough to head to the polls. That is a particular challenge given that Mr. Abbott has run a low-key campaign and avoided the sorts of gaffes that can inspire fevered opposition.

“Turnout in nonpresidential election years is always lower, and Texas voters just don’t seem interested in politics this year,” Mr. Riddlesperger said.

Ms. Davis hasn’t emphasized abortion in the campaign, largely focusing on other issues, such as increasing public-education funding and expanding health coverage. She has portrayed Mr. Abbott as beholden to moneyed, corporate interests. Mr. Abbott, in turn, has said he would work to secure the border against illegal immigration—a key concern in the state—and he has tried to link Ms. Davis, whenever possible, to President Barack Obama.

John Cook, the Democratic nominee for Texas land commissioner, who is running against Republican George P. Bush, said Ms. Davis “can turn it around” if she sticks to issues like education that are of particular interest to Hispanics, a growing demographic in the state. Still, he concedes, many Democratic voters “have given up on their chance to win a race in Texas.”

Zac Petkanas, a spokesman for the Davis camp, said the team is feeling “exceedingly confident going into the home stretch,” noting that Ms. Davis has so far raised more than $30 million. Her contributors include Steven Spielberg, Barbra Streisand and Matt Damon.

Still, according to the latest campaign-finance reports, filed last week, Mr. Abbott had $30 million in cash, more than two times as much as the Davis campaign reported in its latest public filing, in July.

Mr. Petkanas said the campaign’s internal polling shows Ms. Davis has gone from 23 points down in January to seven points behind in the latest poll, last month. Public polls, he added, don’t accurately capture that the campaign has growing support among voters who don’t typically participate in midterm elections.

Political experts say the Davis campaign has launched an unusually large and aggressive get-out-the-vote effort. It is being led by Battleground Texas, a group formed last year by veterans of Mr. Obama’s campaigns who hope to eventually turn the state into a competitive arena for Democrats.

Erica Sackin, a spokeswoman for the group, said it has called more than 3.8 million voters and knocked on the doors of about 1.1 million.

Matt Hirsch, a spokesman for Mr. Abbott’s campaign, said it is likewise working daily to mobilize voters and has the resources to maintain the Republican’s lead. “We are not going to be complacent in this campaign,” Mr. Hirsch said.

Dallas lawyer Brent Rosenthal, a Davis supporter who has donated $5,000 to her campaign and another $5,000 to a joint Battleground Texas/Davis campaign fund, concedes that Mr. Abbott and the Republican Party are formidable opponents.

“It’s an uphill battle,” he said. “The hope is that the Democratic Party’s organization will turn out the vote in sufficient numbers to win.”

http://online.wsj.com/articles/wendy-davis-struggles-to-gain-traction-in-texas-governors-race-1412546361

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 01:26:23 PM »
Her debates were abysmal...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 01:56:50 PM »
Who needs another far left commie?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
As long as there is a D behind her name and an R behind his, she never stood a chance. You could literally put a blow up doll with an R running against her and she would lose.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 02:14:26 PM »
As long as there is a D behind her name and an R behind his, she never stood a chance. You could literally put a blow up doll with an R running against her and she would lose.

Same as in NYC, CT, MA, NJ, VT, IL, CA, etc only for a democrat