Author Topic: It's just Me MyDelts and I  (Read 33140 times)

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: It's just Me MyDelts and I
« Reply #175 on: January 30, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »
this timetable is giving a lot of misinformation...     sorry I have to interject...  as my former chiro classmates were always quick to note how med anatomy..  med biochem.etc when relating to symptoms..abnormalities (which makes medicine ..medicine) were taught completely differently... and the volume( mandatory objectives) were not even comparable

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #176 on: January 30, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
all yet still no medical credibility in the eyes of society...(lots of ) time wasted

Strange how many millionaire docs I know, seeing 1000+ patients a week. These must be appearing out of thin air huh?

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #177 on: January 30, 2014, 09:40:26 PM »
this timetable is giving a lot of misinformation...     sorry I have to interject...  as my former chiro classmates were always quick to note how med anatomy..  med biochem.etc when relating to symptoms..abnormalities (which makes medicine ..medicine) were taught completely differently... and the volume( mandatory objectives) were not even comparable

Thanks Doc (real)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:40 PM »
No argument....2 curriculum...once universally considered legit...the other...er...um...boderline shamanism/snake oil....I admit i'm short (and natural)...I can live with that...but your defensiveness/insecurity in your chosen field....that's kinda fun to poke at ...

So you're saying Chiro should team up with Voodoo Vince and hustle backwards?
A

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #179 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:59 PM »
How do you know how different my curriculum is unless you've experienced it yourself? Just curious. I've known GPs that have failed terms in med school too. So what?

Are you serious?????   Why would you need to know defects of endless pathologies for every specific body part???. these were all MANDATORY(objectives) for a med student.. it is understandable why u wouldn't be taught this...   sorry man... if u can't get this.. there is no discussion here.. I have my former chiro classmates to attest to this !!!!    

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:04 PM »
I completely disagree here.. MED school anatomy is a whole different ballgame.. we are taught via pathologies of anatomy..  simple structure is a given and assumed...  I was classmates with two former chiros and both of them failed term 1 .. as they had a difficult time correlating morbidities tied in w/ the anatomy.. hrs do not equate curriculum taught....    course difficulty levels w 10x more volume to boot are  a completely different ballgame.. ill give chiros their due but to say identical.. NO WAY!!!

Good stuff Danny Boy. Nice to hear a REAL doctor's(or doc in training) perspective on the matter.
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2014, 09:43:49 PM »

Strange because I've spoken with several gps who say we excel in anatomy, biomechanics, Otho and Phys exams, to a Much more proficient degree than your average med student starting into practice. I give you guys the upper hand with path an phys etc, but different scope of practice dictates different areas of focus.

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »

Are you serious?????   Why would you need to know defects of endless pathologies for every specific body part???. these were all MANDATORY(objectives) for a med student.. it is understandable why u wouldn't be taught this...   sorry man... if u can't get this.. there is no discussion here.. I have my former chiro classmates to attest to this !!!!    

Preach it Doc (real)...btw can you prescribe me some weed...naw nevermind...that wouldn't make me natural (which did I mention I am)...

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: January 30, 2014, 09:44:51 PM »
these chiro classmates (who attempted medicine) were smart individuals... but the frame of thinking..discerning symptoms was just a completely different field that they found overwhelming... this was firsthand experience --as I remember studying w/ them

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2014, 09:45:21 PM »
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #185 on: January 30, 2014, 09:46:37 PM »
these chiro classmates (who attempted medicine) were smart individuals... but the frame of thinking..discerning symptoms was just a completely different field that they found overwhelming... this was firsthand experience --as I remember studying w/ them

That's still an anecdotal experience you had, not fair to base your entire opinion on 2 goofs you knew in med school

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:38 PM »
we are not taught-- "hey what's this bone?... what does this muscle attach to......?"   in medicine... we are assumed to know this basic aspect of anatomy on our own time. (as we should have completed and excelled at that during a pre-med prgram).. where the pathologies..embryologic al abnormalities are more prone to develop...  

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: January 30, 2014, 09:47:52 PM »
Mmmmmmmm, no. I've been a 3.6 + student my entire academic career; HS, 4 years undergrad, 3.5 doctorate. Even graduated high school at age 16.

Hope this helps. Goodnight.

8)

Says several posts ago, "goodnight".

Still responding.

A

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: January 30, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »
i'm not downgrading them and what they were good at... but to say our curriculum is identical...    not a single doctor who went through medical school would agree.. as our objectives are different!!!!!   pls understand that!!  it's not downgrading u.. but letting u know that medicine has to teach anatomy through a different scope

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #189 on: January 30, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
That's still an anecdotal experience you had, not fair to base your entire opinion on 2 goofs you knew in med school

Doc (sorta)...i do admire you zeal to defend your religion....it borders on jihadist....fight the good fight...long ago blood letting was considered medical heresy...

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #190 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:19 PM »
i'm not downgrading them and what they were good at... but to say our curriculum is identical...    not a single doctor who went through medical school would agree.. as our objectives are different!!!!!   pls understand that!!  it's not downgrading u.. but letting u know that medicine has to teach anatomy through a different scope

Ok ok I see what you're saying bro, similar to my point about a different SOP. I understand your point and agree with you.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:29 PM »
i'm not downgrading them and what they were good at... but to say our curriculum is identical...    not a single doctor who went through medical school would agree.. as our objectives are different!!!!!   pls understand that!!  it's not downgrading u.. but letting u know that medicine has to teach anatomy through a different scope

The single line that crushes little Chiro's dreams and aspirations of being held in the same esteem as real doctors.

A

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »
I'll give you useful (to some) therapist....now try to get some sleep....you've got a lot of insecure defending to do in the morning

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #193 on: January 30, 2014, 09:52:07 PM »
Doc (sorta)...i do admire you zeal to defend your religion....it borders on jihadist....fight the good fight...long ago blood letting was considered medical heresy...

I enjoy hearty discussion and debate  8)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: January 30, 2014, 09:52:53 PM »
I'll give you useful (to some) therapist....now try to get some sleep....you've got a lot of insecure defending to do in the morning

^i like this guy. He brings it.  ;D

A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »

I didn't know you viewed discussion as "defending insecurity." By that argument you've racked up a 6 page thread defending insecurity against your short stature and leprechaun tattoos HA HA  :D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2014, 09:55:44 PM »
Wait a minute. This guy weights 138 pounds? 138 pounds? Is this correct?
a

dnduque

• Getbig II
« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2014, 09:56:31 PM »
^i like this guy. He brings it.  ;D

Thanks you sir...glad I earned your respect....quick question...do you a quick way to get Chiro Flex pissed and defensive....he's so hard to read...enigmatic....this is childs play....but as I instruct the kids not to do at recess....I'm going to stop bullying the weak...GoodNight...

Danny-Boy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:17 PM »
I will agree w/ Big Chiro... individuals go into their field.. because of their specific interest ... a badass chiropractor will excel doing what he loves...   doesn't mean a doc is any better.. we just learn different things.. it was my choice and scope of interest that lead me into medicine... not coz I found one to be higher on the hierarchy....   as I also respect nurses by choice... you just gotta appreciate your own line of work and why you chose it

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: January 30, 2014, 09:58:07 PM »
I will agree w/ Big Chiro... individuals go into their field.. because of their specific interest ... a badass chiropractor will excel doing what he loves...   doesn't mean a doc is any better.. we just learn different things.. it was my choice and scope of interest that lead me into medicine... not coz I found one to be higher on the hierarchy....   as I also respect nurses by choice... you just gotta appreciate your own line of work and why you chose it

Tell us what you really think.  :D
A