Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 46925 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: True Detective
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:19 AM »
I knew it was that guy on the lawnmower at the school.

Yes, spaghetti face with green ears.  The green ears are those green noise reducing headphones he wears.  I just don't get one thing.  If his scars are so scary as everyone made it out to be and so unforgettable, then why didn't Rusty remember it when he talked him right before they were asked to find ledoux?  I still find that scene odd because Rusty says he can tell if someone is guilty within 10 minutes and sure enough a couple minutes into his convo with lawnmower man Marty honks the horn that he just recieved info on ledoux so Rusty runs out of there not finishing his question/interrogation yet you never see or hear Marty get a call about ledoux when he was sitting in the car.  Something still doesn't add up.
Even when Rusty says he wants to tie up the case before he does one last thing and Marty gives him this scared look.
Also remember that his daughters drew a photo of some masked man killing kids and when his wife told him to console his daughter that Marty didn't give a shit and was still trying to watch the basketball game.  I almost believe that his daughter had caught him in the act with the masks on.
It's fucked that there's only one episode left.  Wish it was a 6 hour long episode  ;D

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »
I definitely think the lawnmower guy is part of the tuttle/childress family and is involved in the killing/kidnapping of the missing children I don't know if you could say he is the yellow king.  I think the suicide of the drugged up double homicide guy that Rust was interrogating about the yellow king only committed suicide because he knew the yellow king had extreme power and influence and probably could torture him in jail.  One of the guards in that suicide scene was named childress and this piece of evidence further strengthens the idea of the tuttle/childress family murder conspiracy.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »
The thing with Ywellow king univers (lovercraft, ctulhu) is based on unreliable narrator- so one of them is/was lying all the time (marty ,. rust, //) It cannot end with that peasant being a mastermind killing , it transcend that ,so the most possible scenario is that the season end unsolved (rust marty killed) and the next season its somehow coneected, other investigations  or one of characters had lied all the time and we are inside his demented mind

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »
I think Marty dies in the last episode. He knows he's getting involved with something that could cost him his life. That's why he thanked his ex-wife because he knew he was about to get his hands really dirty.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2014, 11:41:16 AM »
I think Marty dies in the last episode. He knows he's getting involved with something that could cost him his life. That's why he thanked his ex-wife because he knew he was about to get his hands really dirty.

Remember when LeDoux was caught, he laghed and said "it's my time isn't it"  He knew he was going to die.  Same with the guy in the jail cell.  Marty went to see his Ex-wife and essentially said goodbye to her, he knew it's his time to die.  When Tuttle's safe got stolen he got killed.  

The theme is once caught you're dead.  Seems Marty knows that Rusty is going to catch them and there is a theme about redemption.  Once caught they give in to their captor and not fight it.

Carcosa is this sort of afterlife thing they want to acheive and when got they think death will bring them there.  marty is ready.  he knew that once Rust came back his time was up and he's going to help him selfishly to get there

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2014, 06:42:48 AM »
Remember when LeDoux was caught, he laghed and said "it's my time isn't it"  He knew he was going to die.  Same with the guy in the jail cell.  Marty went to see his Ex-wife and essentially said goodbye to her, he knew it's his time to die.  When Tuttle's safe got stolen he got killed.  

The theme is once caught you're dead.  Seems Marty knows that Rusty is going to catch them and there is a theme about redemption.  Once caught they give in to their captor and not fight it.

Carcosa is this sort of afterlife thing they want to acheive and when got they think death will bring them there.  marty is ready.  he knew that once Rust came back his time was up and he's going to help him selfishly to get there

Great analysis and I agree. The audience may get a surprise with the way the episode unfolds. I plan on watching every episode Sunday morning leading up to the final. I can't get enough. Sadly, it's ending. But what a show. I hope next season is just as good.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2014, 07:15:38 AM »
Great analysis and I agree. The audience may get a surprise with the way the episode unfolds. I plan on watching every episode Sunday morning leading up to the final. I can't get enough. Sadly, it's ending. But what a show. I hope next season is just as good.

I was reading about it being a good idea to rewatch episode 1 again as it shows you how the show has come full circle which is a common theme.  Going to rewatch it in the next couple days.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
I will laugh when all of you hate the season 2 cast.  ;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2014, 07:47:16 AM »

Depends on who is being cast. It's going to be difficult to top the first season. The writers and actors raised the bar very high.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2014, 10:20:01 AM »

If rumors are true and they are thinking about female leads then I'll agree.  Nothing is more annoying than female twinks trying to act like tough guy cops.  Makes me laugh how a 105 female model pretending to be a cop can take a punch from a 250 pound criminal or better yet get him in an armbar and hold him down.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2014, 11:52:03 PM »
True Defective

The Jello King

You're in Mucosa now.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fucking JELLO KING!!!!  ;D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
Ended very solidly. I got a little concerned after episode 7, that it might dive a bit too much into standard police procedural fare, but it had enough divergence from the norm to satisfy, and the ending with Cohle and Hart at the end was wonderful.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2014, 12:21:14 PM »
Ended very solidly. I got a little concerned after episode 7, that it might dive a bit too much into standard police procedural fare, but it had enough divergence from the norm to satisfy, and the ending with Cohle and Hart at the end was wonderful.

The entire series I was wondering what the fuck was going on.  It was a complete mystery if the cops were good, bad whatever.  Then after episode 7 I watched the making of TD on HBO.  The creator said it was not a whodunnit type show but more of a thriller.  It made me realize neither cop did it.
When Martin said the detective's curse was missing the clues under their nose.  he wasn't talking about himself.  he was talking about the viewer/audience.  We were the ones missing the clues trying to figure out shit that really wasn't happening.
The entire series I also thought why Rusty never remembered the lawnmower guy with scars and at least he puts that to rest where he admits his fuckup and didn't figure it out when the guy was dirty and didn't stand up.
There was so much to take away from this but I'm not disapointed at all.  just a great fucking series.  And if Mathew didn't secure his golden globe and emmy through the first 7 episodes he surely did in the last scene where he breaks down in tears about his daughter's death. 
Man, I couldn't stand the fucker and now I wish I could hang out and have a beer with the guy.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
They never explained why Woody's little girls drew those pictures though! Pissed me off.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2014, 05:32:37 PM »
They never explained why Woody's little girls drew those pictures though! Pissed me off.

Yeah, lots of unanswered questions............... ............WTF?

Will next season address any of this or will it be a different story?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2014, 05:37:58 PM »
One and done boys. Lol!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2014, 05:39:09 PM »
Yeah, lots of unanswered questions............... ............WTF?

Will next season address any of this or will it be a different story?

Whole new cast and story I heard...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2014, 05:41:18 PM »
Whole new cast and story I heard...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  :(

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Same here. Usually kids that draw that were abused.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »
May have been the best 8 episodes of serious television these eyes have witnessed.  I am hoping the writing is solid enough that a season two will be very good as well.  Who knows, if the show manages a handful of seasons, maybe 5 or 6 years down the road Rust and Marty will be game to return.  One can hope.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 11, 2014, 07:20:44 AM »
A lot of loose ends that didn't get explained but I understand that the focus of the show is about the detectives themselves.

The last scene between Rust and Marty was great. It seemed Rust came full circle despite his nihilist beliefs. Hope season 2 can be just as good. The bar has been set pretty high!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #146 on: March 11, 2014, 07:34:01 AM »
A lot of loose ends that didn't get explained but I understand that the focus of the show is about the detectives themselves.

The last scene between Rust and Marty was great. It seemed Rust came full circle despite his nihilist beliefs. Hope season 2 can be just as good. The bar has been set pretty high!

It was brilliant to keep them alive.  Even though a lot of loose ends were there I think a lot were red herrings to throw the viewer off.  As Marty says the detective curse is they follow the wrong clues and miss the one's under their nose.

If they do a season 2 which HBO still hasn't annouced one thing for certain is that Matt and Woody will not be in it.  But by leaving a lot of unanswered questions and the face Rust said that they caught their man but there's still a lot of them out there means there's a lot of work to be done.  it allows HBO to bring those cats back for season 3 or 4 but instead as the main characters supporting the negroes or maybe a new unit in the CID.  I just hope HBO doesn't give in the whiny feminist whores and focuse on female detectives instead.  There have been numerous attempts on network TV to do this and each time they fail. 

We also need to see more of Dadario's tits.  Maybe a whole season investigating those magnificient mammaries.

The negro cops were starting to talk about the satanic cults they started to uncover before Marty cut them off.  Could the that there is shit going on, not just in religious schools but public schools.  Like Marty's daughter was saying that her friends were daring her to draw those photos.

I do like how Rust realized that life isn't meaningless and that humans just need to hold hands and extinct themselves.  It was well done finally making him laugh when he opens the tiffany's box to find a pack of cigs.

They also left a big opportunity for  future season with Gov. Tuttle when the news said the FBI quickly proved that he had no ties to these crimes which we all know was bullshit.

it was 8 hours of pure heaven.  The big shame is Woody and Matt will compete against each other for Emmy's and Golden Globes and Matt will probably win but they both should win.  It should be the first time they give both actors in the same catagory an award. 

I was totally bummed that this series had to end.  The way the last 2 episodes rushed through they could have easily made it 12 total episodes and told more of the story.  But 24 is coming back and Game of Thrones is coming back so I am stoked for some killer TV to continue.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #147 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:54 AM »
  I just hope HBO doesn't give in the whiny feminist whores and focuse on female detectives instead.  There have been numerous attempts on network TV to do this and each time they fail. 

Season One storyline is over.

Even though the first season finale just aired last night, we already know what the second season of "True Detective" will cover.

The first season featured Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson as detectives in Louisiana on the trail of a killer with satanic cult connections. In a new interview with Hitfix, "True Detective" creator Nic Pizzolatto briefly mentioned what was in store for Season 2.

"This is really early, but I'll tell you [it's about] hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system," revealed Pizzolatto.

This latest bit of information paired with how Pizzolatto told Buzzfeed that he had been reading about the "last 40 years of Southern California government," still doesn't reveal much.

Maybe the second season will deal with the secret connection between the transportation history of Los Angeles and the occult?

What are your thoughts, "True Detective" fans?
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #148 on: March 11, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »
Season One storyline is over.

Secret history of the transportation system?  Sounds boring as fuck.  But if it has to do with Socal then it's most likely about coyotes bringing over immigrants or drug smugglers.

Hard women?  I hate this shit on TV with the supermodel detective that weighs 90 pounds that takes a shot from a 250 pound criminal and then takes him down with a high kick.  Total bullshit crap.  true tough female cops are lesbo manly women but they won't cast those type of cops for a tv show, who wants to watch to butchy dykes.

People try to justify it by referencing Silence of the Lambs, but Jodie Foster's Clarice didn't make that movie.  Hanibal and Buffalo Bill did.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #149 on: March 11, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Have faith in the creator of the show.

We're not going to get Black Widow fending off the alien invasion with two pistols.
Y