Author Topic: True Detective  (Read 46748 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: True Detective
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 01:55:30 AM »
Pics of Alexandra Daddario?

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 03:27:13 AM »
It is a great show and he is a great actor. Sadly he has wasted his time on so many of those shallow chick flicks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »
Wow.  This made Training Day look like Police Academy.  Hard to believe you're watching a TV show when the production value rivals most motion pictures. 

One thing that bothers me though is the fact they just killed about a dozen people in hopes of finding a criminal who murdered a couple women.  How does that justify what they are doing?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 06:39:22 AM »
Episode 4 was amazing.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 07:13:35 PM »
I laugh at the shitbirds who thought this show was slow and boring. The ending to episode 4 was epic.

But I agree...all of these people getting killed, Rusty Chole taking his undercover life over the edge with drug use and murder...all to find a killer who has killed two people that we know of...but perhaps there's more victims involved over the next four episodes.

One thing I'm confused about....the detectives aern't 100% positive that Ledoux(the meth maker) is the killer. At the end of episode 3 they show Ledoux walking outside of his meth lab in his undies and wearing a gas mask. I'm thinking the detectives are on their way to apprehend him. Why didn't they arrest him at his lab and bring him in for questioning since he was the former jailmate of the victim's husband? Why go through the biker gang to get to Ledoux instead? What am I missing?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 07:20:29 PM »
I laugh at the shitbirds who thought this show was slow and boring. The ending to episode 4 was epic.

But I agree...all of these people getting killed, Rusty Chole taking his undercover life over the edge with drug use and murder...all to find a killer who has killed two people that we know of...but perhaps there's more victims involved over the next four episodes.

One thing I'm confused about....the detectives aern't 100% positive that Ledoux(the meth maker) is the killer. At the end of episode 3 they show Ledoux walking outside of his meth lab in his undies and wearing a gas mask. I'm thinking the detectives are on their way to apprehend him. Why didn't they arrest him at his lab and bring him in for questioning since he was the former jailmate of the victim's husband? Why go through the biker gang to get to Ledoux instead? What am I missing?

I thought they were just showing him, but the detectives hadn't located him? Maybe I missed something.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
You may be right....the end of episode 3 must have been foreshadowing....as I remember correctly they were questioning Ledoux's mom and she said his whereabouts were unknown since he got out on parole

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2014, 07:30:31 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 12:39:28 AM »
On the way to being one of if not the best single season show of all time.  I have a feeling after the final episode, we are all going to wish there was more.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 06:42:56 AM »

They weren't on their way to get ledoux, remember they learned at the end of episode three that her husband was a cellmate of ledoux and they were on their way to the prison not to his house just yet.  They still don't know where he is.

What's interesting about this episode is that they both seemed to be truthful to the black cops until now and lied about how they ended up eventually locating ledoux.  Rusty caught in a lie about his dad going to vietnam war.  They finally cast a shadow of doubt on their story.  it seems that Rusty as hit rock bottom and is stuck there trying to get out while Woody is on his way down.

Good moral of the story learned is that never trust a bitch.  You think you got your ass covered while cheating on your wife but can you trust your whore to not open her mouth?

This show is just fantastic.  Calling it slow is a shame because some of the best parts are the conversations between the two.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 06:44:31 AM »
On the way to being one of if not the best single season show of all time.  I have a feeling after the final episode, we are all going to wish there was more.

I was reading from the writers of the show that you won't truly realize what is happening until the very end.  he said he wanted to leave people thinking they know it all but not realizing they know shit.

Yes, it is an injustice calling this a TV show.  It is essentially a mini-series and like watching a movie every week.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 08:27:02 AM »
The director for this show is very talented. The writers for the dialogue are terrific also...

The only thing that didn't seem believable at the end of episode 4 was how easy Rusty took down the two black guys, especially after one of them hit him from behind in the back with a steel bat. And by the way, if someone is swinging a bat at you from behind with bad intentions....they aern't going to aim for your back...they are going for a kill shot and aiming for the head.

other than that...can't wait for the next episode!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 08:34:57 AM »
The director for this show is very talented. The writers for the dialogue are terrific also...

The only thing that didn't seem believable at the end of episode 4 was how easy Rusty took down the two black guys, especially after one of them hit him from behind in the back with a steel bat. And by the way, if someone is swinging a bat at you from behind with bad intentions....they aern't going to aim for your back...they are going for a kill shot and aiming for the head.

other than that...can't wait for the next episode!

I don't get the fact why he was swinging a bat in the first place when they all had army grade machine guns and artillery.  Was he the poor guy on the block that couldn't afford a gun?  Also how the biker he was dragging after getting whooped so bad seemed to jump that fence with ease while getting dragged for 3 blocks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 09:14:26 AM »
I don't get the fact why he was swinging a bat in the first place when they all had army grade machine guns and artillery.  Was he the poor guy on the block that couldn't afford a gun?  Also how the biker he was dragging after getting whooped so bad seemed to jump that fence with ease while getting dragged for 3 blocks.

lol....funny thing is that after he scaled the fence and turned his leg over....Rusty yanks him off before he has a chance to climb back down on his own....but whatever...the intensity of that final scence was great...you can't expect a bunch of bikers who are tweaked out to carry out a plan systematically. Not only that....Narcotic officers are almost never dressed in uniform. And police officers in uniform wouldn't have beards and haircuts like that. They would've been better off wearing jackets and hats that read FBI or DEA or something to that effect. So their plan was fucked from the start.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 09:17:50 AM »
lol....funny thing is that after he scaled the fence and turned his leg over....Rusty yanks him off before he has a chance to climb back down on his own....but whatever...the intensity of that final scence was great...you can't expect a bunch of bikers who are tweaked out to carry out a plan systematically. Not only that....Narcotic officers are almost never dressed in uniform. And police officers in uniform wouldn't have beards and haircuts like that. They would've been better off wearing jackets and hats that read FBI or DEA or something to that effect. So their plan was fucked from the start.

That's exactly what I was saying.  How many bald headed ZZ Top bearded cops have you seen.  At least put on a cop hat or something.  Rusty knew that plan was destined to fail from the start.  How did Martin know to be so close?  I know he told him to listen to the police scanner to know what's happening but he still managed to be there in minutes after the cops got on the scene.  It was kind of odd.  Yeah, the tension of the last 15 minutes was unheard of in any TV show I've ever seen.  it was fucking intense.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 01:38:33 PM »
"90 seconds motherf.u.c.k.e.r!"

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »
Loved the first 3 episodes and going to watch the 4th now. Seeing the first episode it was immediately obvious the writer had been reading horror writer Thomas Ligotti, whom I love.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 01:43:35 PM »
Loved the first 3 episodes and going to watch the 4th now. Seeing the first episode it was immediately obvious the writer had been reading horror writer Thomas Ligotti, whom I love.

You're in for a treat! Try not to read the earlier posts on this thread because of spoilers.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »

The Yellow King.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 11:07:42 PM »
Episode 2: Alexandra Doggydoo......hhhhhhhhhh hhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg gggggg!

That bitch is hot as hell. Some of the finest natural teeters ever seen. WHHRNPO (wouldhithardrawnopulling out)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »
Episode 2: Alexandra Doggydoo......hhhhhhhhhh hhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg gggggg!

That bitch is hot as hell. Some of the finest natural teeters ever seen. WHHRNPO (wouldhithardrawnopulling out)

5th episode...best one yet! This show is taking all kinds of crazy twists and turns! This season is REALLY raising the bar for the following seasons. Too bad Woody and Matt are such big stars and can't committ to this show long term.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »
Yea it was great

Best line Le Duc to Matt........"I don't like your face...it makes me want to do things to it"

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
This season is REALLY raising the bar for the following seasons. Too bad Woody and Matt are such big stars and can't committ to this show long term.

I'm actually liking that aspect of the show, everything is nice and taut, there hasn't been a moment where I thought "That was forced". Just a really well done show.

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2014, 12:54:49 PM »
Yea it was great

Best line Le Duc to Matt........"I don't like your face...it makes me want to do things to it"

"Nice to see you commit to something"

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2014, 12:59:45 PM »
This is some good shit.  8)
A