Author Topic: Kurt Angle to return to WWE???  (Read 9429 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Kurt Angle to return to WWE???
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 05:44:03 PM »
Not me. Angle is a true athelete at heart.

His training for the Olympics was insane!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2014, 06:19:22 PM »

His training for the Olympics was insane!!
I heard. Hopefully one day we will get an Angle dvd with a bio and matches.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:02 AM »
I heard. Hopefully one day we will get an Angle dvd with a bio and matches.

That's right; they've never released a KA DVD. I'm sure we'll see a few more HBK anthologies first, though.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2014, 05:12:18 AM »

That's right; they've never released a KA DVD. I'm sure we'll see a few more HBK anthologies first, though.
Typical jealous Vince.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2015, 06:44:57 AM »
So, I'm still banking on a Kurt Angle WWE return.

The most consistent part of his WWE departure story has been that he wanted to work a reduced schedule. The old man had just gone to five hours of weekly TV and told Kurt they couldn't afford to have him work less than full-time, whereas TNA would.

Personally, I believe it was a combination of that PLUS Kurt's addiction and substance abuse problems that paved the road for his exodus. Vince was still in damage control-mode from the Benoit events. Kurt claims he told Vince that if he wasn't granted a lighter schedule then he would leave, and maybe this was McMahon's way of "pushing" Kurt out.

Well... Kurt's been clean and sober for some time, now. And, he's rested and in very good shape from the ample training time his TNA schedule has allowed.

With the increasing number of past stars now working a VERY part-time schedule ala Brock, Rock, Taker, etc., I can easily see Kurt try negotiating a similar deal. This would get him back in the company, give him some fresh talent, angles, and material to work with, and offer larger merchandising opportunities with WWE's larger fan base. I'm thinking a Kurt Angle anthology DVD set - they've certainly got enough material for it!

Also, Kurt was SO over for SO long in the Fed, that I'm all but certain that his return would be HUGE!!! As he nears the end of his in-ring career, this would be an incredible high note to go out on.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 11:51:16 AM »
He HAS to sign off his career with a run to Mania, whenever that is. He is a marquee name, HOF in waiting and Vince should be delighted to get him signed up even on a P/T basis. With everyone he has signed up like you listed, he could only benefit from bringing Kurt back into the fold. has to be the right angle (excuse the pun) at the right time. Rusev would have been ideal had Cena not fucking squashed his career as usual.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2015, 02:21:02 PM »
He HAS to sign off his career with a run to Mania, whenever that is. He is a marquee name, HOF in waiting and Vince should be delighted to get him signed up even on a P/T basis. With everyone he has signed up like you listed, he could only benefit from bringing Kurt back into the fold. has to be the right angle (excuse the pun) at the right time. Rusev would have been ideal had Cena not fucking squashed his career as usual.

If people still pop for an over the hill Sting, a crippled Taker, and a geriatric Hogan (until recently), imagine the reaction for Angle!!

Rusev was wasted on Cena and that entire angle. I would have drawn that feud out over a much longer span. They even could have still had Cena go over, but just barely - and, make it a struggle. That would have established Rusev as a legitimate threat and easily set up a part II, and probably more.

Cena has fallen into the same paradigm that Hogan suffered in the early 80's, being more predictable than a Mike Tyson fight! Also like Hogan, there is seldom any kind of revisiting a rivalry for Cena. The heel's buildup is totally blown on one short program.

Consider how many times Flair feuded with Steamboat, Funk, Harley, etc.
Now, compare that with the number of times Hogan feuded with Bundy, One Man Gang, Killer Kahn, and the like.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2015, 06:58:10 PM »
Man..
Angle was awesome when he was with wwe.
His comedy skits with stone cold / Vince were hilarious...
His had awesome matches with Austin also...

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2015, 04:46:56 AM »
I personally think there is still money to be made for Kurt vs Brock II or Samoa Joe vs Angle

Bring him back, use him sparringly and make him an agent, trainer in NXT etc

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2015, 11:58:06 AM »
I personally think there is still money to be made for Kurt vs Brock II or Samoa Joe vs Angle

I easily see him remaining in the business long-term in a capacity similar to what you are suggesting.

As for the "now," I don't see why they wouldn't offer Kurt a part-time contract when so many other talents are doing quite well with just that. It could easily satisfy all parties.

He's just got to keep his nose clean, so to speak.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2015, 12:03:16 PM »

that dude is beyond disgusting to look at. Why do people like him. He's so plain and is just a fat ass.

Sucks!
?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2015, 12:06:20 PM »
that dude is beyond disgusting to look at. Why do people like him. He's so plain and is just a fat ass.

Sucks!

I know...
He's not much to look at, but he can work.

I'm impressed with some of the work he and Angle have done in TNA.

If he had a better look...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2015, 04:12:32 AM »
According to the man himself:

"I can't say when. My (TNA) contract is up in September and I've left my options open. I'm very happy in TNA. Dixie Carter has treated me very well and always been there for me. But, I can't lie to myself anymore. I can't lie to TNA or WWE. Yeah, there is that desire to go back. I just don't know when. It could be this year. It could be next year. I don't know when."

He wants to engage in a feud with Bryan or Punk, they would be great great matches if he was physically up to the task.
Vince will never sign him. Too old and injury prone / too many pill addictions plus he wants big bucks for a small part time deal.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2015, 03:19:08 PM »
Vince will never sign him. Too old and injury prone / too many pill addictions plus he wants big bucks for a small part time deal.

I very respectfully disagree with you, brother.

I think he's been clean/sober for long enough, and the old man's had no issue dishing out big $$ for past big names to work a very limited schedule lately. I really believe that the stars are perfectly aligned for a Kurt Angle return!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »

I very respectfully disagree with you, brother.
I think he's been clean/sober for long enough, and the old man's had no issue dishing out big $$ for past big names to work a very limited schedule lately. I really believe that the stars are perfectly aligned for a Kurt Angle return!
Lol....

Kurt always was a phenomenal talent and he has done so well for himself. Don't kid yourself, I would LOVE to see him back in the WWE, but I honestly cannot see Vince signing him and I reason HHH for that. I can see the game crushing down any talent that he's had tiff's with in the past. Ican see Hunter prodding Vince NOT to sign him and for all the wrong reasons.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
Kurt vs Cesaro

Kurt vs Cena

Kurt vs Brock

Kurt vs Finn Balor...

There is money!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 03:53:58 PM »
I would love to see Rollins issue an open challenge and hear his music hit. I would literally lose all of my shit forever.

I remember heel HBK doing an incredible promo in Canada talking about what would happen if Bret appeared. It was a promo i dont think anybody else could have done, he was perfect every step of the way. Hitmans theme hit and the entire arena went batshit fucking insane.

That is the reaction i envisage for said return  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 04:47:20 PM »
Lol....

Kurt always was a phenomenal talent and he has done so well for himself. Don't kid yourself, I would LOVE to see him back in the WWE, but I honestly cannot see Vince signing him and I reason HHH for that. I can see the game crushing down any talent that he's had tiff's with in the past. Ican see Hunter prodding Vince NOT to sign him and for all the wrong reasons.

You may be right, sir.

However... Money talks & bullshit walks.
Both Kurt and VKM are businessmen at the end of the day.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2015, 04:17:18 AM »

You may be right, sir.

However... Money talks & bullshit walks.
Both Kurt and VKM are businessmen at the end of the day.
Absolutely.
If anything, I can see them signing Kurt on a 3 month part time deal close to Wrestlemania. Similar to what they did with Batista. Only difference is Kurt is a hell of a lot more respected than Batista. They really screwed that comeback up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2015, 04:50:32 PM »
Absolutely.
If anything, I can see them signing Kurt on a 3 month part time deal close to Wrestlemania. Similar to what they did with Batista. Only difference is Kurt is a hell of a lot more respected than Batista. They really screwed that comeback up.

Batista - no.

But, I really believe it would work with Kurt!!