Author Topic: Obama raises minimum wage.  (Read 9456 times)

galeniko

• Getbig V
Re: Obama raises minimum wage.
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:32 PM »
hell no not talking about economy, germany has strong economy too, but ask the german ppl how they are lol

and dont trust an amercian research on america lol.

n

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »
I wonder if im going to get a 2.00/hr raise to compensate for the increase in prices thanks to raising the federal minimum raise?

Of course not, because that wouldn't bring down those that make more towards the level of rhe poor.....

Shouldn't it be a "percentage"?

That's what I'm going to press for at my next performance eval or interview.

if Fed minimum is from let's say 8 - 10 bucks.

That's 25% increase...

I like at 25% pay increase... Fuck yeah!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »
You have a very Michael Mooreish view of the US. Healthcare isn't a luxury, the real issue is people here don't want/need the government meddling in their private arrangements (Obama won't stand for that though).

Haha Africa and Eastern Europe  ;D

alabama ftw

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 12:46:39 PM »
The United States won't ever have a government mandated, mediocre distribution of wealth (like Europe), that's not our thing.

We have distribution of wealth to the rich and corporations.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

You got to be consistent.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:49 PM »
Haha Africa and Eastern Europe  ;D

lol

Compared to the rest of the world, the US is overall inline with Europe in almost every category. That's a huge accomplishment on our part considering our huge population, our small government and low taxes (in comparison), demographics, and history.

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, 12:47:59 PM »
democrats spend, but others pay

very bad arrangement

how about we reduce got debt to 0 by lowering taxes 80% and lowering spending 90%

end all pensions
end fed
end public school
end all gov expenditures not related to courts and defense

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, 12:49:10 PM »
We have distribution of wealth to the rich and corporations.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

You got to be consistent.

Astonishing Numbers: America's Poor Still Live Better Than Most Of The Rest Of Humanity

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/06/01/astonishing-numbers-americas-poor-still-live-better-than-most-of-the-rest-of-humanity/

However, look at it a little more closely in relation to other countries. We’re often told that to be poor in the US is much worse than being poor in the social democracies of Europe. And the bottom 10% in the US are indeed worse off than the bottom 10% in Sweden. But they’re better off than the bottom 10% in Germany or France: places where we are told that there is indeed that social democracy.

Maybe there’s something for this capitalism red in tooth and claw then: given that it does seem to improve the lives of the poor.

Take another look as well: we know that Russia is where bloated plutocrats loot everything from the country: and yet the bottom 10% in the US have, by this measure at least, better lives than the top 10% in Russia. And the top 10% in Portugal (where I live) and Mexico.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
What if W had lowered the minimum wage saying that minimum wage laws hurt employment by EO?   ;)

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
In before Coach;

'The left, the left, the left, the left, the left, the left'

*and when he's cornered*

'You just don't get it do you?' (usually he's not getting it at all)

right because there are absolutely ZERO negative consequences to raising the minimum wage.  right?  

are you even the least bit concerned for the safety of people's jobs due to the increase?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
and dont trust an amercian research on america lol.

The Economist is an English-language weekly news and international affairs publication owned by The Economist Newspaper Ltd. and edited in offices in London.[2][3]

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »
Watch and learn.   F Obama

This guy is a moron dude.

Places with high minimum wages have a pretty low unemployed rate because of a thing called economics. What this shmuck doesn't understand is that increasing the wage increases spending and investing potential. Henry ford was famous for arguing for high minimum wages, in order to be consumers of his product.

Also, his analogy is ripe with fallacies, increasing the wage may mean lay-offs but he is presuming that less man power is an option, that firing people is an option, the money will generally come off the profit or out of the consumers pocket, usually the latter.

More money in more peoples hands with abilities to invest, spend and create should be the goal of all countries.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »

Places with high minimum wages have a pretty low unemployed rate because of a thing called economics. What this shmuck doesn't understand is that increasing the wage increases spending and investing potential. Henry ford was famous for arguing for high minimum wages, in order to be consumers of his product.

Also, his analogy is ripe with fallacies, increasing the wage may mean lay-offs but he is presuming that less man power is an option, that firing people is an option, the money will generally come off the profit or out of the consumers pocket, usually the latter.

More money in more peoples hands with abilities to invest, spend and create should be the goal of all countries.

that may well be the silliest post on this entire board.  you know nothing about the most basic fundamental concepts of macroeconomics.  in short.....JUST ..........FUCKING......S TOP.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 01:01:24 PM »

you said it yourself... wtf is increasing peoplea wages if its just going to go back out because the products now costs more?

Except now the guys that DIDNT see a wage increase have decreased buying power.

by your own logic, the poor gained effectively nothing and everyone else loses money.

Brutal logic.
Derrrpppp

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »

We have a high minimum wage, very low unemployment and a very low cost of living.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2014, 01:32:39 PM »
The greatest scam ever has been the ultra rich and politically influential convincing the middle class of American that the poor are the burden on the economy whilst they set up blind trusts and avoid taxes like crazy.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2014, 01:33:33 PM »
We have a high minimum wage, very low unemployment and a very low cost of living.
Canada, right? Little bit different population demographics

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34:53 PM »
The greatest scam ever has been the ultra rich and politically influential convincing the middle class of American that the poor are the burden on the economy whilst they set up blind trusts and avoid taxes like crazy.

Yep, I'm so sick of those evil rich bastards employing all of us and paying the vast majority of taxes. They owe us way more.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 01:35:33 PM »
Raising the minimum wage will either make a business charge more or they will make due with less employees. The excitement over this on this thread shows a lot of kids living at home working minimum wage jobs thinking this is a great idea. Why don't we just make McDonald's pay everyone $20 and hour? They can afford it. Just don"t be mad when you order a number #4 combo meal and it costs $15 bucks. Liberal thinking is ruining Europe and the US.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
The excitement over this on this thread shows a lot of kids living at home working minimum wage jobs thinking this is a great idea. Why don't we just make McDonald's pay everyone $20 and hour? They can

Exactly, lol

If people are not earning enough, there are a few underlying problems that need to be dealt with. A "quick fix" like government mandated minimum wage won't do a thing (except fool minimum wage employees).

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

Yep, I'm so sick of those evil rich bastards employing all of us and paying the vast majority of taxes. They owe us way more.
I just dont understand entitlement. .... the idea that someone 'owes' me something for nothing makes literally zero sense to me.

I cant understand people who feel that those that are better off for whateber reason, owe them shit just because they were born and 'they can afford it dammit'.

Would anyone here give someone their car just because they can afford it? Of course not. Or would you let a hobo sleep on your couch and ear your foof? After all, youre better off and you can afford it, so ypu owe them shit just because they have less.

how the fuck do people think that makes any fucking sense?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 01:44:42 PM »
I just dont understand entitlement. .... the idea that someone 'owes' me something for nothing makes literally zero sense to me.

I cant understand people who feel that those that are better off for whateber reason, owe them shit just because they were born and 'they can afford it dammit'.

Would anyone here give someone their car just because they can afford it? Of course not. Or would you let a hobo sleep on your couch and ear your foof? After all, youre better off and you can afford it, so ypu owe them shit just because they have less.

how the fuck do people think that makes any fucking sense?

Hell no!

I never let hobos ear my foof!

I might buy a broke guy a taco though.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »
ROFL

I seriously have no clue what ear my foof means?  ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »
That's the goal, and they want your guns so you can't defend yourself when all middle-class neighborhoods have been overrun by Obama's constituents.
Many who are from the middle class...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Why not make it $20 an hour?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V