Author Topic: Obama raises minimum wage.  (Read 9446 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: Obama raises minimum wage.
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:23 PM »
i had one, i was very generous, i paid them in food,on a good day, 1 extra bread piece no problemo(leftover from last day)
being greedy is wrong, Coach thought just cause we own our own business we would be against minimum wage increase. Not me man, everyone has to eat, I think the only people who deserve minimum wage is personal trainers, following people around the gym and switching the pins on a machine then going out to dinner with their friends and acting like it is rocket science to train people. lmao

:D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »
- There are over 4 millions jobs that cannot be filled due to lack of qualified workers in the US.

- A person working full time making minimum wage is above the poverty line

- Less than 2% of people working in the US make minimum wage

- The majority of people making minimum wage are young individuals

This isnt about fairness, this isnt about the economy...THIS IS ABOUT ECONOMIC POPULISM TO HELP RALLY VOTES.

It get idiots all riled up as seen in this thread who think these people deserve to get paid more.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 06:07:36 PM »
I believe the lowest paid federal job is something around 13 an hour. So whats the point?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2014, 06:19:35 PM »
I believe the lowest paid federal job is something around 13 an hour. So whats the point?
this extends to employees of federal contractors not just federal employees.

So basically that hammer that used to cost the US tax payer $90 will now cost $94...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2014, 06:43:37 PM »
Hey Vince, are you still charging $3000.00 for business seminars?

Wondering how many of the posters on here that agree with this minimum wage increase bafoonery actually have small businesses and employees?

Europeans have historically looked down on Entrepreneurs and those who create jobs and wealth.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2014, 07:17:42 PM »
- There are over 4 millions jobs that cannot be filled due to lack of qualified workers in the US.

- A person working full time making minimum wage is above the poverty line

- Less than 2% of people working in the US make minimum wage

- The majority of people making minimum wage are young individuals

This isnt about fairness, this isnt about the economy...THIS IS ABOUT ECONOMIC POPULISM TO HELP RALLY VOTES.

It get idiots all riled up as seen in this thread who think these people deserve to get paid more.
who you calling idiot you piece of trash.  :P

Of course we get it, Obama is doing it as political strategy duh.... does not change the facts here though, 2% is still over 6 million people and many of them have to pay rent and feed children, they can used a little more at the expense of the middle and high class, why not. I make OK money, i do not have a problem paying taxes or giving back.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2014, 07:20:42 PM »
who you calling idiot you piece of trash.  :P

Of course we get it, Obama is doing it as political strategy duh.... does not change the facts here though, 2% is still over 6 million people and many of them have to pay rent and feed children, they can used a little more at the expense of the middle and high class, why not. I make OK money, i do not have a problem paying taxes or giving back.

You should help people voluntarily because it's the right thing to do, the government shouldn't force you to support others at the point of a gun.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2014, 07:36:56 PM »

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
You should help people voluntarily because it's the right thing to do, the government shouldn't force you to support others at the point of a gun.

I actually agree with you here but there is some jobs that just slave people and pay them peanuts, not cool.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2014, 07:41:25 PM »
I actually agree with you here but there is some jobs that just slave people and pay them peanuts, not cool.

I agree, it's not cool and I don't like companies that take advantage of people.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2014, 07:42:32 PM »
who you calling idiot you piece of trash.  :P

Actually the number of minimum wage workers is about half that 3.6mm and of those many are younger individuals who will end up making more money in the future.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2012.htm

thats great that you make OK money and dont have a problem paying taxes or giving back, you should donate then instead of trying to impose your views on others.

I imagine you are one of those people who dislikes it when religious people try to legislate their views on others. Yet you have no issue trying to push your moral views on others.

The minimum wage was not intended to allow a single mother to take care of herself and her 2 kids born out of wedlock. The govt should not make it our responsibility to take care of people who make shitty life decisions. Perhaps if we stopped constantly bailing people out of their shitty decisions people would start thinking twice.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2014, 07:45:58 PM »
good stuff oth, giving your employers bit more wage didnt hurt neither you nor the canadian economy was brought down ;D

btw,i dont care what wage i work for as long i can afford this:

-roof over head,you know, a flat wiht heating

-food.my bodybuilding food, not the shit average joe cheap diet.

-car,hm dont give fuck about car actually,cept winter is good to have

-bit holiday every year

-oh and lets say twice a month a high class whore for 30-60minutes.

-health insurance and such things.

thats it

n

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2014, 07:55:01 PM »
Actually the number of minimum wage workers is about half that 3.6mm and of those many are younger individuals who will end up making more money in the future.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2012.htm

thats great that you make OK money and dont have a problem paying taxes or giving back, you should donate then instead of trying to impose your views on others.

I imagine you are one of those people who dislikes it when religious people try to legislate their views on others. Yet you have no issue trying to push your moral views on others.

The minimum wage was not intended to allow a single mother to take care of herself and her 2 kids born out of wedlock. The govt should not make it our responsibility to take care of people who make shitty life decisions. Perhaps if we stopped constantly bailing people out of their shitty decisions people would start thinking twice.

well good to see you responded logically and decided to explain while not calling us idiots again lol  ;)

As for the 6 million, I am going based on you saying 2 %, 2% of 300 million is 6 million, so now you are saying it is 1%  ???

either way, people are not all made as superstars and many make mistakes in life and have no talent or social skills and are delusional and suffer having no choice but work minimum wage, I am sorry you do not give a shit about them but I will encourage everyone to give a shit about them here.

As for donations? I do, I give to the Church, yes I go to church as well.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »
good stuff oth, giving your employers bit more wage didnt hurt neither you nor the canadian economy was brought down ;D

btw,i dont care what wage i work for as long i can afford this:

-roof over head,you know, a flat wiht heating

-food.my bodybuilding food, not the shit average joe cheap diet.

-car,hm dont give fuck about car actually,cept winter is good to have

-bit holiday every year

-oh and lets say twice a month a high class whore for 30-60minutes.

-health insurance and such things.

thats it

some guy was begging me for work and I put him off and off and off and he told me please and he wants 12 bucks an hour, I finally said ok show up monday at my shop and we will start, didn't talk about pay and when I paid, it was 15 dollars per hour and he was shocked and said what is this. I told him roofing is hard, i do not put anyone on the roof for under 15 buck per hour, couldn't live with myself doing that.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
well good to see you responded logically and decided to explain while not calling us idiots again lol  ;)

As for the 6 million, I am going based on you saying 2 %, 2% of 300 million is 6 million, so now you are saying it is 1%  ???

either way, people are not all made as superstars and many make mistakes in life and have no talent or social skills and are delusional and suffer having no choice but work minimum wage, I am sorry you do not give a shit about them but I will encourage everyone to give a shit about them here.

2% of the people working in the U.S.

Not 2% of the people living in the U.S.

If you can't keep that simple point straight, why continue?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2014, 08:01:39 PM »
2% of the people working in the U.S.

Not 2% of the people living in the U.S.

If you can't keep that simple point straight, why continue?
I stand corrected, my bad, hey I am only human.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2014, 08:04:42 PM »
World's most big-hearted nation: the United States
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101240935

The United States is the world's most generous nation, according to a global index of giving, as a higher proportion of Americans helped a stranger than any other country in the world.

The 2013 World Giving Index – published annually by international nonprofit organization Charities Aid Foundation – looks at three measures: monetary giving, volunteering and helping of strangers in a typical month. The survey, published on Tuesday, was carried out in 2012 across 135 countries.

Rounding out the bottom of the World Giving Index was Greece, reflecting the sluggish economic recovery in the indebted euro zone nation.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2014, 08:20:34 PM »
well good to see you responded logically and decided to explain while not calling us idiots again lol  ;)

As for the 6 million, I am going based on you saying 2 %, 2% of 300 million is 6 million, so now you are saying it is 1%  ???

I believe its just under 2% of those working not the entire population but you can check me link from the government if you want. I assume that if you wont take my word you will at least take theirs seeing as you trust them to push your views on others ::)

If you legitmately need assistance to survive there are PLENTY of govt programs to help out. I am sorry but I have very high expectations of people, myself included.

I dont think its too much to ask that you make good life decisions and you stand responsible for the bad ones you make (which we all do to some extent).

Hahaha your "I dont give a shit about them" idiocy is typical libtard ideology. Anytime someone is against raising the minimum wage they dont give a shit poor people, if youre against gay marriage then you hate gays, if youre against abortion then you hate women....

Fact is I care greatly about those who geniuenly need help and I too volunteer both time and money to help those less fortunate.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
World's most big-hearted nation: the United States
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101240935

The United States is the world's most generous nation, according to a global index of giving, as a higher proportion of Americans helped a stranger than any other country in the world.

The 2013 World Giving Index – published annually by international nonprofit organization Charities Aid Foundation – looks at three measures: monetary giving, volunteering and helping of strangers in a typical month. The survey, published on Tuesday, was carried out in 2012 across 135 countries.

Rounding out the bottom of the World Giving Index was Greece, reflecting the sluggish economic recovery in the indebted euro zone nation.
im sorry this is bs, this says nothing about helpfulness of population.

donation through charity numbers are no sound parameter to establish generousity of the ppl.

that said,usa military spending to police the world is so expensive, im actualy glad they do this.this realy is generous, no joking.and valueable.

n

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2014, 08:22:26 PM »
im sorry this is bs, this says nothing about helpfulness of population.

donation through charity numbers are no sound parameter to establish generousity of the ppl.

that said,usa military spending to police the world is so expensive, im actualy glad they do this.this realy is generous, no joking.and valueable.

how would you measure the "helpfulness" theen?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2014, 08:24:49 PM »

Where do charities get the money from?

They just print it out themselves?

???

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2014, 08:25:49 PM »
are you taking the piss?

you want discussion or be a patronizing cunnt?

you think, donating to charity better the world?its the lazy way of making one feel better about themselves.

???
how much arrives at the ppl in need?
n

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:58 PM »

???
I dont know maybe we could factor in holding doors open and helping elderly ppl carry their groceries?

He must have something in mind to have made such a comment though...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
are you taking the piss?

you want discussion or be a patronizing cunnt?

you think, donating to charity better the world?its the lazy way of making one feel better about themselves.

how much arrives at the ppl in need?

well the study didnt just take into account monetary donations...

"looks at three measures: monetary giving, volunteering and helping of strangers in a typical month."

So do you actually have ideas outside of these 3 or were you just being a little girl?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2014, 08:35:21 PM »
also, lol, give me a break, usa govt foreign "Help" comes with a catch22.
something like "we will establish a military base in exchange" or whatever other shenanigans.

but yes there are very charitable individuals in the usa, john d rockefeller always always donated 10% of his income to charitable things, this is good to know.

I dont know maybe we could factor in holding doors open and helping elderly ppl carry their groceries?

He must have something in mind to have made such a comment though...
uhm, yes personal basis stuff.

screw all those govt releases and "Ngo"s statistics.

hell i even said, as wolrd poilce usa is most charitable, by will or not, but it is.and is a good thing.

well the study didnt just take into account monetary donations...

"looks at three measures: monetary giving, volunteering and helping of strangers in a typical month."

So do you actually have ideas outside of these 3 or were you just being a little girl?

see above, those are all too vague.

its all just worldplay.

helpfulness,theres much more of that in 3rd world shitholes where ppl have real problems.

its a vague term used to twist stats.helpfulness cant be measured properly, theres  too many interpretations.

n