Author Topic: WTF? Pizza Hut racist?  (Read 3549 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
WTF? Pizza Hut racist?
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:20:36 PM »
I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial where they brag that they delivered to the White House.  Then they say that "they stiffed us on the tip but what are you gonna do".  They stiffed us on the tip?  With the (accurate)racial stereotype that blacks are poor tippers, this seems like a bad idea.  Pizza Hut better lawyer up or Jessie Jackson is gonna end up as the majority owner.

I'm not saying I agree with this line of thinking, but this is the world we live in right now.  Thanks liberals!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: WTF? Pizza Hut racist?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:22:00 PM »
I just saw a Pizza Hut commercial where they brag that they delivered to the White House.  Then they say that "they stiffed us on the tip but what are you gonna do".  They stiffed us on the tip?  With the (accurate)racial stereotype that blacks are poor tippers, this seems like a bad idea.  Pizza Hut better lawyer up or Jessie Jackson is gonna end up as the majority owner.

I'm not saying I agree with this line of thinking, but this is the world we live in right now.  Thanks liberals!

ROFL!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • stuff for dumplings
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 02:36:00 PM »
We will never make any progress on this issue as long as people keep going out of their way to get offended by such silly nonsense and refuse to attend to the fact that the joke is "haha a rich/famous person stiffed him", not "hey a black guy lives there".

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:02 PM »
KFC dont make remarks like that, they know the market.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 02:38:16 PM »
We will never make any progress on this issue as long as people keep going out of their way to get offended by such silly nonsense and refuse to attend to the fact that the joke is "haha a rich/famous person stiffed him", not "hey a black guy lives there".

Unfortunately, "the people that go out of their way to get offended" are in charge now.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
Blacks are the worst tippers , this isn't anything new

The way it keeps going that's why it's so divided between black and whites, blacks scream racism at everything it's ridiculous

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:13:38 PM »
KFC dont make remarks like that, they know the market.

Have you seen the commercial?

I'm interested in what Getbig's Hebrew population thinks of this.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 03:17:46 PM »
The whole concept of a culture that is obliged to tip workers is ridiculous.
V

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 03:27:59 PM »
at least they didnt say "that guy" stiffed us
n

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
end tipping

problem solved

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:18 PM »
Hebrew outed.
It never ceases to amaze me how easily brainwashed the average American is by the Elites.  Tipping benefits only the rich, yet the poor have been brainwashed into thinking it is an obligation.  I am sure the ultra rich must laugh all the time at how stupid the lower class Americans are.  It's amazing how the establishment can make the average american feel grateful for being fucked up the arse.
V

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 04:51:22 PM »
The guy who owns the Pizza Huts around here is black.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »
It never ceases to amaze me how easily brainwashed the average American is by the Elites.  Tipping benefits only the rich, yet the poor have been brainwashed into thinking it is an obligation.  I am sure the ultra rich must laugh all the time at how stupid the lower class Americans are.  It's amazing how the establishment can make the average american feel grateful for being fucked up the arse.

WTF are you talking about?  A tip is a reward, not a requirement.  If a person gives shitty service, they get no tip.  If a person gives above and beyond service, I give them a tip.  It's that simple.  Nobody in America is brainwashed into giving a tip.  We tip because we want to reward the person. 

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »
WTF are you talking about?  A tip is a reward, not a requirement.  If a person gives shitty service, they get no tip.  If a person gives above and beyond service, I give them a tip.  It's that simple.  Nobody in America is brainwashed into giving a tip.  We tip because we want to reward the person.  
It's not your role to reward a service person, it's the employers.  It's there job to provide GOOD SERVICE.  And you don't tip for that reason, it is a cultural obligation, where if you don't tip you are ridiculed or considered cheap.  There are social pressures that keep you tipping.  Tipping rewards the rich because the business owner doesn't have to pay a living wage to it's workers, it uses it's customers to subsidise wage payments.  I live in a country where TIPPING is non existent, if service is no good, we don't go back.  SIMPLE !  If service staff don't perform, they LOSE their job, plenty of incentive in that.  Employers pay a living wage and let the customer decide the value. It's sad Americans don't even recognise they are brainwashed and NOT tipping voluntarily.  What a fucked up Country!
V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 05:03:19 PM »
The whole concept of a culture that is obliged to tip workers is ridiculous.

Why? There's not a better way for people to earn exactly what they deserve.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 05:05:01 PM »
It's not your role to reward a service person, it's the employers.  It's there job to provide GOOD SERVICE.  And you don't tip for that reason, it is a cultural obligation, where if you don't tip you are ridiculed or considered cheap.  There are social pressures that keep you tipping.  Tipping rewards the rich because the business owner doesn't have to pay a living wage to it's workers, it uses it's customers to subsidise wage payments.  I live in a country where TIPPING is non existent, if service is no good, we don't go back.  SIMPLE !  If service staff don't perform, they LOSE their job, plenty of incentive in that.  Employers pay a living wage and let the customer decide the value. It's sad Americans don't even recognise they are brainwashed and NOT tipping voluntarily.  What a fucked up Country!

The consumer is charged less than they would be if servers were paid a higher base salary. Everyone should be paid on commission/tips

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 05:08:27 PM »
It's not your role to reward a service person, it's the employers.  It's there job to provide GOOD SERVICE.  And you don't tip for that reason, it is a cultural obligation, where if you don't tip you are ridiculed or considered cheap.  There are social pressures that keep you tipping.  Tipping rewards the rich because the business owner doesn't have to pay a living wage to it's workers, it uses it's customers to subsidise wage payments.  I live in a country where TIPPING is non existent, if service is no good, we don't go back.  SIMPLE !  Employers pay a living wage and let the customer decide the value. It's sad Americans don't even recognise they are brainwashed and NOT tipping voluntarily.  What a fucked up Country!

IDK. I have a local restaurant that doesn't allow tipping. It kinda evens out because everything costs a bit more.

But I get your point. I hate that pizza places have a tip jar and give you that look when nothing goes in it. I'm picking it up fucker! Now when that pizza costs the same and someone delivers it to my house, you'll get your tip.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 05:12:03 PM »
Why? There's not a better way for people to earn exactly what they deserve.
if there was a wreck on the road (which you would be unaware of) causing the pizza to arrive late, would you tip?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
if there was a wreck on the road (which you would be unaware of) causing the pizza to arrive late, would you tip?

lol

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 05:17:51 PM »

I see it the other way around.  Going to a restaurant without tipping would mean the waiters would have no incentive to do a good job.  The company could fire them, but they would just hire another young person who wouldn't give a shit, because they're only making 10 bucks an hour.  Furthermore, if the company was paying their waiters a flat 10 bucks an hour, they would have to raise the price of their goods.  Therefore screwing the customer.  I think the system works perfectly, and couldn't imagine how fucked up it would be without tipping.

Again, tipping is not a requirement, and I don't think anyone in America sees it that way.  Furthermore, it has nothing to do with the business owners income.  The employees wages are built into the price of the product.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 05:22:11 PM »
Was it a collard greens and fried chicken pie?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 06:38:09 PM »

Meals would be more expensive if they had to pay them a higher wage.  I ate in Europe and my waiter had a Rolex.  I didn't get out of any place for less that 150 euro, and that was just me and my wife.  It was cool however, the service we got.  Food plated up right in front of you, waiter had good conversational skills, and no one harassed you to leave after you were done.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »

it amazes me how people rationalize their cheapness

E
E