Author Topic: No superlatives left for Mr Mayweather...  (Read 4732 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
No superlatives left for Mr Mayweather...
« on: January 29, 2014, 12:18:32 AM »

just none.  :(

Didn't Canelo take money back to Mexico?  How about Khan and the UK?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: No superlatives left for Mr Mayweather...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:27 AM »
He has to stop hand picking opponents. He is a great fighter. No one can challenge that but he has been ducking Manny for years. Now that Pac Man is on the decline and Mayweather has still got you would figure he would jump at the chance but no he's  worried he will end up like the Patriots and lose the final game.

As far as Pac Man using steriods and Mayweather doesn't, he may have a valid point.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 05:29:29 AM »

Thank God that most of our other favourite sports don't have the 'pick your next team' approach  ::)

If my beloved Tottenham Hotspur win the Premier League, it will be because they beat most of the opponents put in front of them, on a good and bad day!

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:36:04 AM »
Floyd needs to fight Pac to secure his legacy in the ultimate way. If he retires undefeated but doesn't fight Manny there will always be that element of doubt about his true greatness.

That is pretty harsh but we all know that it's true. I think they will fight but the deciding factor will be money. It will happen but probably not until Pac's skills have waned a little bit more.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:56 AM »
Floyd needs to fight Pac to secure his legacy in the ultimate way. If he retires undefeated but doesn't fight Manny there will always be that element of doubt about his true greatness.

That is pretty harsh but we all know that it's true. I think they will fight but the deciding factor will be money. It will happen but probably not until Pac's skills have waned a little bit more.

Exactly.

The more decades that pass after he retires undefeated, the less the facts will balance the perception of the ducking. He has more than belts to lose if he doesn't fight Manny (legacy).

uk-lion

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 06:05:31 AM »

manny may be one of the better fighters of his generation but mayweather is one of, if not the greatest pound for pound fighter of all time, his record speaks for itself.
if he chooses not to fight manny it doesnt really matter as his legacy in boxing has already been written, he is unbeaten in 45 fights,  been a world champion for 11 or 12yrs at like 4 different weights and you think he needs to fight pacquiao to secure his legacy, i couldnt disagree more.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »

Thank God that most of our other favourite sports don't have the 'pick your next team' approach  ::)

If my beloved Tottenham Hotspur win the Premier League, it will be because they beat most of the opponents put in front of them, on a good and bad day!

Spurs are lucky to win a London derby ;) ha ha rejuvenated right now under Sherwood, he's given Adebayor a chance and hes smashing them in. Will be lucky to finish 5th this season though.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 08:28:58 AM »
manny may be one of the better fighters of his generation but mayweather is one of, if not the greatest pound for pound fighter of all time, his record speaks for itself.
if he chooses not to fight manny it doesnt really matter as his legacy in boxing has already been written, he is unbeaten in 45 fights,  been a world champion for 11 or 12yrs at like 4 different weights and you think he needs to fight pacquiao to secure his legacy, i couldnt disagree more.

What kind of legacy do you have when you duck the best?  Pacquiao said he will fight him for nothing. Give it all away to charity. Mayweather has a solid reputation of fighting hand picked opponents. A real champ fights the best out there. Guys that go down in history because of them fighting the best. Mayweather going down undefeated will be quickly forgotten about with an * by his record saying he wouldn't fight Pac man at his best because it was to risky a fight to take.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 08:35:03 AM »
Spurs are lucky to win a London derby ;) ha ha rejuvenated right now under Sherwood, he's given Adebayor a chance and hes smashing them in. Will be lucky to finish 5th this season though.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

If Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City/Wankers weren't playing so well at the moment, i'd say we have a very good chance of top 4 this season. Regardless, we will finish 4th if we keep PLAYING TO WIN.

I just can't see Man Utd NOT finishing Top 4......so that makes 2-4th positions very tight.

My predictions

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Shitholes
4. Spurs

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 08:40:44 AM »
^THIS^

Marquez? hahahaha :D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:44:14 AM »
BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

If Liverpool/Chelsea/Man City/Wankers weren't playing so well at the moment, i'd say we have a very good chance of top 4 this season. Regardless, we will finish 4th if we keep PLAYING TO WIN.

I just can't see Man Utd NOT finishing Top 4......so that makes 2-4th positions very tight.

My predictions

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Shitholes
4. Spurs

You have Spurs ahead of Liverpool?! Man U also, u must be away with it ha ha. Never happening, wheres the Gunners?! Im going:

1. City
2. Chelski
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool - had they beaten the top 2 over Xmas they would have been #1 or #2 (destroyed them both and still lost 2-1)

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:01 AM »
You have Spurs ahead of Liverpool?! Man U also, u must be away with it ha ha. Never happening, wheres the Gunners?! Im going:

1. City
2. Chelski
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool - had they beaten the top 2 over Xmas they would have been #1 or #2 (destroyed them both and still lost 2-1)

Liverpool will not continue form until the end of the season, mark my words.

Man U finishing below Spurs - why not? We've spanked them in 3 of the last 4 PL games lol.

A*****l will have a bad run of games from next month and drop too many points to keep up with City/Chelsea for the title.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
What kind of legacy do you have when you duck the best?  Pacquiao said he will fight him for nothing. Give it all away to charity. Mayweather has a solid reputation of fighting hand picked opponents. A real champ fights the best out there. Guys that go down in history because of them fighting the best. Mayweather going down undefeated will be quickly forgotten about with an * by his record saying he wouldn't fight Pac man at his best because it was to risky a fight to take.

Yes this is how a lot of people will see it. I agree Mayweather is a masterful boxer but if he wants to be known as the best ever he needs to fight Pac.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
if he chooses not to fight manny it doesnt really matter as his legacy in boxing has already been written, he is unbeaten in 45 fights,  been a world champion for 11 or 12yrs at like 4 different weights and you think he needs to fight pacquiao to secure his legacy, i couldnt disagree more.

You're talking pre-junior welterweight.  he has avoided the top 147-154 guys the last couple of years.

Bradley #1 147
Lara #1 154
Paul Williams #1 @147-160 at one-point
Manny is shot but still a southpaw with speed.

Three of the four are active and he won't touch any of them over that TMT bullshit and cherry picking Mexican sluggers.

He got exposed by Mosley and Cotto, both guys hit him, so he blamed it on Roger Mayweather.  His reflexes are going a bit, so he damn sure needs guys in the ring he can time.  Khan is fast but a standard stiff Euro fighter.  He'll time Khan every time he tries to come in.  

FMW was good pre-144 but has BS above.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 12:01:57 PM »

1. City
2. Chelski
3. Arsenal

Yep, this is my prediction too. Arsenal are starting to implode, too many games coming up in the next few days including Europe. Liverpool will finish strong and could possibly overtake Arsenal if Rogers buys someone big in the next day or too. Man U will be lucky to finish fifth this year - that will be a gift for them. Spurs either fifth or sixth.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:08:29 PM »
Im going with

1.city
2.arsenal (need a good striker)
3.chelsea
4.liverpool

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »

just none.  :(

Didn't Canelo take money back to Mexico?  How about Khan and the UK?
money is the best thing going in boxing right now, but if he hangs around too long he will eventually lose like roy jones jr did .  after watching jones lose to tarver, johnson , hopkins you start to wonder if he really was that good.
F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:42 PM »
prime rc would fuck him up in a real fight

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
whos best guy merrywaether beat?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 12:35:49 PM »

this, plus he doesn't give a flying fuck. He's all about the money.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 12:35:54 PM »
You're talking pre-junior welterweight.  he has avoided the top 147-154 guys the last couple of years.

Bradley #1 147
Lara #1 154
Paul Williams #1 @147-160 at one-point

Three of the four are active and he won't touch any of them over that TMT bullshit and cherry picking Mexican sluggers.

He got exposed by Mosley and Cotto, both guys hit him, so he blamed it on Roger Mayweather.  His reflexes are going a bit, so he damn sure needs guys in the ring he can time.  Khan is fast but a standard stiff Euro fighter.  He'll time Khan every time he tries to come in.  

Thats not mayweathers problem... lets see those guys drop weight and fight mayweather at his optimal weight.... watch them get mauled. Please FMW is fuckin incredible... .doesnt get enough credit IMO

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »

Bradley #1 147
Lara #1 154
Paul Williams #1 @147-160 at s one-point

oh my, you mean someone actually managed to land a couple of punches on him in a boxing match?

That he won?

Yeah he's a fraud  ::)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 12:50:25 PM »
He has to stop hand picking opponents. He is a great fighter. No one can challenge that but he has been ducking Manny for years. Now that Pac Man is on the decline and Mayweather has still got you would figure he would jump at the chance but no he's  worried he will end up like the Patriots and lose the final game.

As far as Pac Man using steriods and Mayweather doesn't, he may have a valid point.
Shane mosely used drugs and was caught... However mayweather had no problem fighting him as he was over the hill.
Mayweather ducked PAC
choice is an illusion

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
Floyd would destroy MP...

But unfortunately, there will always be an asterisk next to his name if he doesn't take the fight.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
money is the best thing going in boxing right now, but if he hangs around too long he will eventually lose like roy jones jr did .  after watching jones lose to tarver, johnson , hopkins you start to wonder if he really was that good.
8)  And Roy initially treated TARVER the way FLOYDE is treating Manny ! Fighters know things about themselves  ;)