Author Topic: Some guys believe Branch Warren is an incredible fighter...  (Read 6317 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Some guys believe Branch Warren is an incredible fighter...
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:48 AM »
The guys over at MD think Branch (and only him and Evan) are the exception to the rule of body builders muscles not automatically making them championship level fighters  ::)

From MD "The are some pros like Evan, who can kick some butt in a brawl, but aside from him and maybe Branch Warren, I don't think any pro would be an effective fighter. Evan and Branch have more muscle mass than most but they know how to hone their lactic acid. Most BBs would be out of wind 20 seconds into a fight. I am probably just the right medium between the two. I am not too massive, but I am still bigger than most and I have insane muscle stamina. This is what I tried explaining to Lee Priest a few years ago. He insisted that he could take me just because his frame is packed with muscle. All of that muscle would not do him much good if I were to unleash a crazy barrage of superman punches, reverse-spinning elbows, and thai kicks to his head."

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Re: MD forum guys believe Branch Warren an incredible fighter...
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 08:13:18 AM »
Anyone with half a brain realises having big muscles does not 'make' you a good fighter. So many other factors such as skill, experience, determination, aggression, technique, mental strength are way more important.

Not to say that having big muscles prevents you from being able to fight but it is not a prerequisite. The only thing being muscular will do is intimidate stupid people that are not aware of this.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »
Anyone with half a brain realises having big muscles does not 'make' you a good fighter. So many other factors such as skill, experience, determination, aggression, technique, mental strength are way more important.

Not to say that having big muscles prevents you from being able to fight but it is not a prerequisite. The only thing being muscular will do is intimidate stupid people that are not aware of this.
Having big muscles makes you gas, and in a fight its vital that gassing doesnt happen.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 08:26:29 AM »
dude it was one guy and he was clearly trolling

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »
Man nobody is afraid to fight BBs....most of them need 6 reps to tie a boot.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 08:31:41 AM »

Didn't branch tear a muscle falling down a stairs...also just stepping out of his jeep :-\
choice is an illusion

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 08:32:10 AM »

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 08:40:57 AM »
Having big muscles makes you gas, and in a fight its vital that gassing doesnt happen.

Agreed. There is definitely a limit before muscle mass actually becomes a hinderance.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Some guys believe Branch Warren is an incredible fighter...
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »

What kind of fighting?

Muscle mass can make you a fighter in a brawl (aka UFC style), but many smaller guys have done very well against huge guys not adept in the various styles of fighting.

By the way, Branch is a hunter - he is heading to New Zealand after the Australian Pro (he is competing) to go hunting.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »
The guys over at MD think Branch (and only him and Evan) are the exception to the rule of body builders muscles not automatically making them championship level fighters  ::)

From MD "The are some pros like Evan, who can kick some butt in a brawl, but aside from him and maybe Branch Warren, I don't think any pro would be an effective fighter. Evan and Branch have more muscle mass than most but they know how to hone their lactic acid. Most BBs would be out of wind 20 seconds into a fight. I am probably just the right medium between the two. I am not too massive, but I am still bigger than most and I have insane muscle stamina. This is what I tried explaining to Lee Priest a few years ago. He insisted that he could take me just because his frame is packed with muscle. All of that muscle would not do him much good if I were to unleash a crazy barrage of superman punches, reverse-spinning elbows, and thai kicks to his head."

That piss ant probably couldn't nail a single one of those on a sleeping man.  Another wannabe in a Tap Out shirt. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 09:43:09 AM »
LOL @ "hone their lactic acid"

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 09:53:47 AM »
many short and slight guys beleive this bs about small guys n fighting skill

its a kinda a skinny asian and italiano twink thing to believ ein

mass matters a lot

lil guy cna hit big guy and hes got mass and mucles to shrug of blow but when big guy grab n slams lil guy damage to thoise bird bones happenz quick

Uncle Junior

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »
This begs the question:  How come the Hulk can win?  ;D

In the real world, if we are hit hard, we more often than not don't bounce right back up like "Neo".  Anything can happen, anyone can "win". 

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 10:12:09 AM »
Because the real world ain't a cage......ground fightning is only good in a cage. I would just hit you with a car antenna. Not you personally but you get the idea. All you need to be is crazy with a I don't give a fuck if I die attitude...like a suicide bomber.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 10:20:19 AM »
This again.

To think mass and strength doesn't give an individual an advantage in a fight is to be completely idiotic.

Muscle doesn't make anyone a good fighter, of course, but it provides protection, and it gives movement torque and power.

Strength, skill, cardio, hunger, flexibility, co-ordination, etc. ... all attributes that help in a physical altercation. The more of these you have in your favour, the greater your chances of victory.

Please let's not talk nonsense.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 10:23:09 AM »
This again.

To think mass and strength doesn't give an individual an advantage in a fight is to be completely idiotic.

Muscle doesn't make anyone a good fighter, of course, but it provides protection, and it gives movement torque and power.

Strength, skill, cardio, hunger, flexibility, co-ordination, etc. ... all attributes that help in a physical altercation. The more of these you have in your favour, the greater your chances of victory.

Please let's not talk nonsense.

Agree Brother but we are talking about guys that are out of breath going from the leg extension to the leg curl.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 10:25:09 AM »
Agree Brother but we are talking about guys that are out of breath going from the leg extension to the leg curl.

;D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 10:37:24 AM »
Guy that are lean with long reach make the best fighters in my opinion. I've seen a lot of big muscular guys get gassed early and get the shit beat out of them by skinnier fellas. If you can you keep your distance from the leg shoots and bear hugs in the first minute of a fight against a bigger guy and keep it standing up, your odds of coming out on top increase dramatically. Easier said than done of course when things are happening so fast. But if you can keep your cool and stay patient, it works(along with some well timed jabs and hooks to the chin).

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »
the gas thing is a joke

real fights dont last over 30 seconds

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 12:37:45 PM »
Didn't Branch Warren lose his fight with a flight a steps? Or was that the curb?
He forgot to use his signature move, "The T-Rex Kick".

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 12:38:16 PM »
the gas thing is a joke

Agree. End it quick at all costs. But stamina definitely comes into play if you or your opponent can't.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 12:39:25 PM »
i dont find branch intimidating at all

but i saw that bearded muslim looking freakish ifbb fella in a tank top in person

and would not fight him  :-X

Uncle Junior

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 12:41:31 PM »
the gas thing is a joke

The reason they don't last more than 30 seconds is because people gas after 30 seconds....duh!
;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »
muscles  ::)   

look at these chinks gunning down kneegrows

sure they were more muscled than the asians