Author Topic: Paul Harvey 1965, "If I were the devil".  (Read 10765 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Paul Harvey 1965, "If I were the devil".
« on: January 31, 2014, 10:08:13 AM »
You chaps should take time out of your day a listen to this short clip.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Paul Harvey 1965, "If I were the devil".
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:10:37 AM »

I've heard this a bunch of times. It's like he knew Obama would be where he is back then.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 10:10:58 AM »
That guy was awesome.....miss that dude....no geriatric homo

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:16:48 AM »
I loved listening to Paul Harvey. I was at a buddies house last night and he played this and all his family and a couple other buddies listened to this in silence yesterday. It ended up freaking out his brothers wife and she called it a night and my high school buddy who is not religious has been showing interest in religion lately. Probably because I babble to him like a do here. (Praise God!)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 10:16:54 AM »
That guy was awesome.....miss that dude....no geriatric homo
Me too,he was great!  :(

(no geriatric homo)  :D

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 10:24:48 AM »
"These people have no soul, no heart and are painfully ashamed of their mothers, often introducing them as their cleaners"

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 10:31:31 AM »

good find mr. wiggs ,i was always a fan of mister harvey. he seemed to have a way of explaining everything, much like morgan freeman does in 90 percent of the movies he's in.
F

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 10:35:23 AM »
Putting things into perspective.

The best video on youtube.

Carl Sagan - Pale blue dot.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 10:37:57 AM »
kansas says it best " we're all dust in the wind".   "all your money can't another minute buy".
F

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 11:56:23 AM »
The biggest problem that God may have is this.

Why is He hiding from His children?

If I were God, I wouldn't hide from my creation, my children.  I don't hide from my own kids now!  Why would I?  If we who are as common as the dust on the ground know how to show our children we love them, then how is it that God seems to stay hidden from us?  

I follow the Christ and have to admit that sometimes it can be difficult to have faith when all that you have to show for it is faith.  People have been waiting now for over two thousand years.  

I have a friend that professes Christ.  He gets overjoyed whenever some terrible earthquake or the like happens and people are killed.  He says this is just another "sign" of the return of Jesus.  When there are wars and rumors of wars, famines, floods, pestilence, etc., he is thrilled because that means Jesus is "just around the corner".

I tell him he's out of his mind.

Which of us can add a single day to our lives by worrying about what's coming, about what the future holds?  No one can.  What we do instead with this constant worrying is take away from our lives.  From living.  Death comes for all of us.  In the meantime, life goes on all around us and yet some of us refuse to participate because we are too afraid of what "might"  happen.  Well, one thing that could happen is you just might find the reason for  your faith in God.  "Hidden" right out in the open air of living.

Don't hide.

maybe he's not, maybe we just fail to notice him.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:34 PM »

If I were God, I wouldn't hide from my creation, my children.  I don't hide from my own kids now!  Why would I?  If we who are as common as the dust on the ground know how to show our children we love them, then how is it that God seems to stay hidden from us?  

I follow the Christ and have to admit that sometimes it can be difficult to have faith when all that you have to show for it is faith.  People have been waiting now for over two thousand years.  

I have a friend that professes Christ.  He gets overjoyed whenever some terrible earthquake or the like happens and people are killed.  He says this is just another "sign" of the return of Jesus.  When there are wars and rumors of wars, famines, floods, pestilence, etc., he is thrilled because that means Jesus is "just around the corner".

Which of us can add a single day to our lives by worrying about what's coming, about what the future holds?  No one can.  What we do instead with this constant worrying is take away from our lives.  From living.  Death comes for all of us.  In the meantime, life goes on all around us and yet some of us refuse to participate because we are too afraid of what "might"  happen.  Well, one thing that could happen is you just might find the reason for  your faith in God.  "Hidden" right out in the open air of living.

Don't hide.

You lost me after having a problem with God.  ::)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2014, 02:29:51 PM »
Great one, listen to it every now and then... charismatic and clever.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2014, 05:36:25 PM »
Then you need to read it all.  The truth is that we all question ourselves and our faith (or lack of) and in doing so, we question God.  There is no crime in that.  It's when we fail to question the world around us that we sometimes fall prey to the schemes of others.  Mohammed comes to mind.  So does Joseph Smith.  Jim Jones ring a bell?

Each of these worthless men demanded blind faith and threatened holy damnation if their chattel failed to deliver.  How dare you question them for in doing so, you question "God".   Right.

Any one of us that claims to have total faith in their "faith" (including a belief in "nothing") is lying.  We hope.  We (some of us) pray.  We agonize and theorize but in the end we doubt and all because we have not seen.  Nothing wrong with being a doubting Thomas.  After over two thousand years it's kinda hard not to have some doubt.

It's only human.  But so is hope.  And faith is nothing if not hope.

You're wrong. Faith is not hope. Faith is faith and hope is hope.  Faith is complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Hope is to want something to happen or be true and think that it could happen or be true.

There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that God exists and the Christ existed and the Bible is true. I don't hope this things are true, I know they are. That's faith.

The Bible is very clear. Satan and his angels run this planet until the second coming. That answers many people's questions.
Finally, The Bible tells me all the reasons the world is the way it is. It's been very accurate.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
If I were the devil I would disguise myself as GOD and get billions to worship me.   OH WAIT !!!
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »
Yes, but you're not.   And if we are to believe the Book of Revelations that is exactly what will occur. Whether or not it occurs in our lifetime, who knows?  I prefer to not worry about it as I can neither start nor stop it.

If you choose not to believe in the Word, that is  your right and I have no real problem with Atheists as one of my best friends was one.
Well, the book of revelations was right, the majority of worshippers are evil sadists who are completely unaware that they are.  My post was suggesting that this is already the current situation, that the Devil is really what most people call GOD, and blindy worshipping it is slowly killing humanity and the planet.
V

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2014, 06:01:13 PM »
Wiggs do you even go to church?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2014, 06:09:59 PM »
Hope is what faith is all about.  You cannot see that which you have faith in, but you can hope to.  One day.  You are young in your faith and as such very zealous.  That is fine.  Be well.

No it's not. I just defined both for you. They're distinctly different. Perhaps this is how you see it. If that's the case, you don't have true Faith. When it comes faith, I don't hope anything. I know it will happen. Perhaps one day you'll have true faith. You have no idea how old I am in my faith. I was raised on this.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »

Don't hide.

God doesn't make excuses because He doesn't owe you any explanations.
~

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »
Then you need to read it all.  The truth is that we all question ourselves and our faith (or lack of) and in doing so, we question God.  There is no crime in that.  It's when we fail to question the world around us that we sometimes fall prey to the schemes of others.  Mohammed comes to mind.  So does Joseph Smith.  Jim Jones ring a bell?

Each of these worthless men demanded blind faith and threatened holy damnation if their chattel failed to deliver.  How dare you question them for in doing so, you question "God".   Right.

Any one of us that claims to have total faith in their "faith" (including a belief in "nothing") is lying.  We hope.  We (some of us) pray.  We agonize and theorize but in the end we doubt and all because we have not seen.  Nothing wrong with being a doubting Thomas.  After over two thousand years it's kinda hard not to have some doubt.

It's only human.  But so is hope.  And faith is nothing if not hope.

Out of the three names you listed, Jim Jones is the only one I would consider evil. And he was probably just mentally ill.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »
 >:(
V

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 06:19:27 PM »
>:(

That quote reminds me of an excerpt from a book about Poland. It asked who'd they rather live under, German or Russian rule.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 06:36:02 PM »
E-Kul, that is but one reason I am not trying to make you wear the same shoes as I.  I don't even care if you wear shoes.  Would it be nice if you believed as I do?  Yes but a faith forced upon another is not a faith but a farce. 

Hopefully I do not come across as such. My faith is my own and I share it openly.  I don't always live it and that is my shame, not yours.  Regardless, be well.
I wouldn't mind religion or faith so much except for the evangelical obligation it forces upon believers. It has also infiltrated society, education, politics etc, and not for the better.
V

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 08:46:58 AM »
Great video. I have bad news for all: It is only going to get (very) bad before it gets good again.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
I like Paul Harvey but I don't understand the hate towards non believers, if you are a good person and do good things but don't believe in God, why would you go to hell with rapists and murderers? What you Wiggs?  ???

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 10:16:01 AM »
You're wrong. Faith is not hope. Faith is faith and hope is hope.  Faith is complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Hope is to want something to happen or be true and think that it could happen or be true.
Quite agree with you. Faith = hope for unrealistic retards.