Author Topic: 2014 LA Fit Expo - Record Breaking Attendance  (Read 682 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
2014 LA Fit Expo - Record Breaking Attendance
« on: January 31, 2014, 12:18:56 PM »

Got this in the morning today - we knew it was a ton of people, but a 30% increase since last year. Wow!  Congratulations to the promoters of the LA Fit Expo, in their 11th year. I am glad to have been there all 11 of these years taking pics and having fun!

"I just wanted to thank you again for exhibiting at TheFitExpo Los Angeles 2014 and hope it was a successful show for you. We shattered our attendance record with just under 50,000 people over the weekend! That's 30% higher than last year's total. And we had 336 companies occupying 455 exhibit booths, both of which were all-time highs for us as well. Even so, we’d appreciate receiving your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the Expo and make it even more valuable for you in the future."

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: 2014 LA Fit Expo - Record Breaking Attendance
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
Will be interesting to see how many people will go to Bodypower in the UK (16th-18th May) this year - last year there was 55,000 and it was packed which kind of spoilt it a bit, not sure how many more they can get in that place. Mind you, no-one can say bodybuilding's dying when they get those sort of attendances.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »
Will be interesting to see how many people will go to Bodypower in the UK (16th-18th May) this year - last year there was 55,000 and it was packed which kind of spoilt it a bit, not sure how many more they can get in that place. Mind you, no-one can say bodybuilding's dying when they get those sort of attendances.

Next year, the plan to open up one more hall at the L.A. Convention Center, as there was no room for the NPC Final either. People were sitting on the floor, sides, anywhere they could.

And widen the halls just a little more.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »
Next year, the plan to open up one more hall at the L.A. Convention Center, as there was no room for the NPC Final either. People were sitting on the floor, sides, anywhere they could.

And widen the halls just a little more.

That's not all they do.

Ron,
I was there on Saturday afternoon, despite my best efforts to get there earlier in the day (I had gone on Saturday afternoon last year).  It was awful.  It was not fun.  First, it took me over 45 minutes to find a place to park.  Then inside, it was so crowded, you could hardly walk through the aisles, or talk to any of the vendors.  If you wanted a photo with any one (except Lou Ferrigno) you had to stand in a long, LONG line.  I think Kai's was the longest; there wasn't anyone in a line for Lou.

Next year, they need to expand the hours, e.g. Friday, Friday night, Saturday night, and make sure they don't schedule it on the same weekend as the Grammy's or some other big event as half the parking garage was closed for the Grammy's.

Why don't you have a Getbig booth next year?  You could have some PC's there, people could log on and post directly from the expo!  Also have some of your moderators.  I'm sure there'd be some lively discussions.

Lastly, I want to say Jay Cutler is the smartest of the big bodybuilding stars.  On Saturday afternoon, he was the only one wearing a tank top.  Phil had a t-shirt that covered his upper arms all the way down to his elbows, Kai wore a warm-up jacket, and Ronnie wore a short-sleeve shirt.  When someone attends one of these expos to see these guys, they want to see their muscles, not their clothes.  And especially if they want a photo with them; they want to see themselves with the star's muscles.  These stars should be wearing sleeveless shirts, if not tank tops.