Author Topic: My annual Australia Day Bike day  (Read 2524 times)

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
My annual Australia Day Bike day
« on: January 31, 2014, 05:40:17 PM »
Every year we get all the guys from my gyms with motorcycles to celebrate Australia day with a huge ride for the Children's Hospital.

Bodybuilding related, cause that's me up the front.  ;D

We raised about $5K. Great day

AVBG

Re: My annual Australia Day Bike day
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 05:52:34 PM »
How far did you travel TD? Brunswick to..?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:54:26 PM »
Every year we get all the guys from my gyms with motorcycles to celebrate Australia day with a huge ride for the Children's Hospital.

Bodybuilding related, cause that's me up the front.  ;D

We raised about $5K. Great day

Good on ya Tony, The Childrens hospital is a great cause.  Might be best to raise some money to lobby against anti-association laws, as the Attorney-General wants Victoria to adopt Queenslands NAZI style Laws.  I wouldn't put it past the powers that be to consider the Doherty logo a patch.

In QLD, those arrested under anti-association laws are made to wear pink prison uniforms. I fear Australia is slowly becoming a fascist regime.
V

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:20 PM »
That's pretty BA man, thanks for doing that.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:46 PM »
How far did you travel TD? Brunswick to..?

300kms this year. We stopped and 4 different pubs and had a nice meal overlooking Lake Nagambie.

The scumbags from the Herald Sun showed up to do a number on me again and when there were no visible outlaws there they were baffled.
We suggested they do a positive story about motorcyclists raising money for a worthy charity, celebrating Australia day etc. They agreed and took lots of photos.

Next day (Monday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Tuesday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Wednesday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Thursday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Friday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Today) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
It aint looking too promising for tomorrow.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 07:25:46 PM »
I think there was a photo (or 2) of you & other choppers in Ozbike or Live to Ride ,2 years ago ?.
You were in Iron Cross top  ;)

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:33:49 PM »
Good on ya, mate

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »
I think there was a photo (or 2) of you & other choppers in Ozbike or Live to Ride ,2 years ago ?.
You were in Iron Cross top  ;)

It's possible.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »
300kms this year. We stopped and 4 different pubs and had a nice meal overlooking Lake Nagambie.

The scumbags from the Herald Sun showed up to do a number on me again and when there were no visible outlaws there they were baffled.
We suggested they do a positive story about motorcyclists raising money for a worthy charity, celebrating Australia day etc. They agreed and took lots of photos.

Next day (Monday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Tuesday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Wednesday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Thursday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Friday) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Next day (Today) I got the paper and despite there being a reporter and 2 giants cameras, no story.
Maybe you're just not that important.

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:44 PM »
Maybe you're just not that important.

Maybe you missed the point stupid. They already sent the crew. Just that good news doesn't sell, so no story.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 10:35:58 PM »
Maybe you missed the point stupid. They already sent the crew. Just that good news doesn't sell, so no story.

Yeah if you'd ran over the reporters with your bikes it would be front page news

Good news don't sell papers

Stupid humanity

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
Yeah if you'd ran over the reporters with your bikes it would be front page news

Good news don't sell papers

Stupid humanity

Good thinking, run over reporters haha

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 04:34:23 PM »

You've never given two shits about what "nobodies" think of you. So just keep doing your thing, they're not worth the bandwidth.

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 05:27:49 PM »

Haha, what do you expect Tony? The Feral Scum employs Andrew Bolt to inform it's readers... :/
Great cause though - it would be great to attend one year. Are dirt bikes allowed? P.s you're Dandenong gym is awesome!

38-26-40

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 06:13:46 PM »
Good for you! That's awesome!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 08:13:46 PM »
Whats going on with bikers in Aus? If you ride and show a patch you can get arrested for association and forced to wear pi k?

Dude... wtf. People need to stand up to that shit.

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:51 AM »

LOL.