Author Topic: Dorian yates subscribed to IIFYM and a cal is a cal... chocolate precontest.  (Read 4793 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Said protein was important and high but what mattered most to lose weight was less calories. Ate chocolate precontest and had no issue with it.

@8:25

A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
if you have a piece of chocolate you have to cut down on your clean carbs.

people who subscribe to IIFYM are morons.

just cause it works doesn't mean it's optimal

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Wtf is iifym

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
IIFYM is for some OCD girls.

They don`t realize that they could go one step further and just monitor calories.

These morons will eat bites of food and throw food away because it doesn`t fit their magic, carb, fat and protein number.

They don`t realize they SHOULD be doing, IIFYC- If it fits your Calories- instead of the OCD nonsense they do.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

They don`t realize that they could go one step further and just monitor calories.

These morons will eat bites of food and throw food away because it doesn`t fit their magic, carb, fat and protein number.

They don`t realize they SHOULD be doing, IIFYC- If it fits your Calories- instead of the OCD nonsense they do.
jesus.... only count calories? that's even dumber. if anything that is how dumb teenage girls diet...

if you build muscle you need protein. you cant build any physique eating only potatochips

what you eat reflects your bodycomposition.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
He left out fact all the GH he was taking i'm sure.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
it was also eaten post workout and his body would have sucked it up pronto.

Simple Simon

Go over to Bodybuilding.com and tell them IIFMM is nonsense.
They go fucking apeshit, they seem to think they are on a journey to the far side of the sun with their phone apps counting all their daily food.
Most of them look like shit by the way.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
jesus.... only count calories? that's even dumber. if anything that is how dumb teenage girls diet...

if you build muscle you need protein. you cant build any physique eating only potatochips

Please review the Adonis Principle minimum requirements, thank you.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Can I just drink Mountain Dew until I've hit my calorie limit for the day?

Wolfox

• Getbig V

Actually I was wrong Yates sounded more like a IIFYC guy.
A

TEH boob

• Getbig IV

A calorie deficit does work. A couple springs ago I stuck with a net of 900cal. I had 2in on a dress zipper that wouldn't close. In a month I fit into the dress. This means that if I slipped up and ate 5 Oreos, I would spend an hour plus doing cardio.

It was miserable, but I reached my goal.

The problem with this was that I was still eating carbs and sweets and since I was a slave to the calories, I wanted to do cardio and no weights since I needed to meet a daily goal.

Now when I diet hard enough to hate myself (<800cal TOTAL, not net. Galeniko style), I see 2x better results. When I diet "responsibly" (variety of foods, low carb, <1100cal total) I'm only hungry for a couple hours before I go to bed.

So yes, a cal is a cal to lose weight. But fullness, bloatedness, those both make a huge difference in how you feel and look.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
I think the pro who subscribed to IIFYM the most is Milos.

See at 7:30

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Can I just drink Mountain Dew until I've hit my calorie limit for the day?
No, you won`t meet my requirements.  Once you meet them, you can drink away though.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
When you are training hard enough you burn through 'clean' calories like nothing and if you eat too many you just get fat. Better to eat more junk. Adonis is right but too many are too scared to try it.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Yates weighed everything. If he had a chocolate bar here and there, bear in mind he was like 260 lbs shredded and could eat 4000 calories precontest. One 280 cal chocolate bar was not going to derail that. It probably helped since he tended to overdo things.