Author Topic: Is 4 plate squat > twink status  (Read 3279 times)

denarii

• Getbig V
Is 4 plate squat > twink status
« on: February 01, 2014, 12:04:12 PM »
i managed 5 for 3/4rs rom, and a proper set at 160kgs.

Uncle Junior

Re: Is 4 plate squat > twink status
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:29:33 PM »
i managed 5 for 3/4rs rom, and a proper set at 160kgs.

how much you weigh?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:08:00 PM »
2x bw = Good squatter, you're putting your time in, and getting some quality training done.

2.5 x bw = Excellent squatter.

3 x bw = Great squatter.

That's how I'd grade squat numbers.

Edit - I'm thinking in Powerlifting terms. Subtract a 1/4 on the top two for drug free, .50 on the bottom.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:29:47 PM »
87kgs so 4 plates is 180kgs

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »
2x bw = Good squatter, you're putting your time in, and getting some quality training done.

2.5 x bw = Excellent squatter.

3 x bw = Great squatter.

That's how I'd grade squat numbers.

Here's my reality addition to this LOL:

Any squatting performed whatsoever regardless of weight > twink status

Why?

Squat racks in 99% of gyms are unused and some covered in dust LOL.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 02:42:19 PM »

This is a girl. WTF???

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 02:49:09 PM »
if you did her bloodwork you would think it was a man

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »
Here's my reality addition to this LOL:

Any squatting performed whatsoever regardless of weight > twink status

Why?

Squat racks in 99% of gyms are unused and some covered in dust LOL.

not true

true iron warriors use the rack to curl biceps

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 02:59:42 PM »

This is a girl. WTF???

She was the Chinese bronze medalist in Olympic Lifting in 2008. She powerlifts too, totals crazy numbers like 9x her bodyweight across the three lifts.

The smaller lifters don't get talked about much, but guys like Inaba, Gant, Bradley, etc.... have put up crazy numbers -

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »
It all depends on the length of your legs and torso people don't realize this. Chinese guys have short legs squating big weight is really easy for them.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »
i did 5x170kg olympic squat no belt no knee sleeve at 85kg lifetime naturalol

true story

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 05:31:29 PM »
depends how it's done.. 405 can be brutally hard or fairly easy depending on how you do the lift (obviously)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 05:54:57 PM »
depends how it's done.. 405 can be brutally hard or fairly easy depending on how you do the lift (obviously)
rep speed and mind muscle connection mostly

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
rep speed and mind muscle connection mostly

I had to take 90lbs off when I slowed down my reps and stopped dead at the bottom, also keeping your spine flat, no buttwink is limiting on the weight you can use (99% of people don't give a fuck about this, but I have 4 blown out discs from being a fat retard PowerBuilder when younger)

I squatted 405 for 10 a couple months back quite fast reps, I got barely 3 reps with that weight and perfect BBing form at the same depth.

when I see bullshitters here talking about how 405 x 8 is nothing, can be done after just doing Jump Rope for leg training, I  ::)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »
I used to triple 140KG and single 150KG at a weight of 75KG, that was a long time age and pre injuries. Now i dont even train legs at a weight of 100KG, but if i did i doubt id actually be comfortable with 100KG.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 11:43:04 PM »
I had to take 90lbs off when I slowed down my reps and stopped dead at the bottom, also keeping your spine flat, no buttwink is limiting on the weight you can use (99% of people don't give a fuck about this, but I have 4 blown out discs from being a fat retard PowerBuilder when younger)

I squatted 405 for 10 a couple months back quite fast reps, I got barely 3 reps with that weight and perfect BBing form at the same depth.

when I see bullshitters here talking about how 405 x 8 is nothing, can be done after just doing Jump Rope for leg training, I  ::)

dont mind all the fools

as long as you know the truth it's all that mattersd

Uncle Junior

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 02:07:09 AM »

when I see bullshitters here talking about how 405 x 8 is nothing, can be done after just doing Jump Rope for leg training, I  ::)

I did the 400lb for 8 at 172lb natty in the summer no problem. Don't care if you don't believe me, fact is if wanted to do it again I could get up to that within 3-4 weeks of squatting 3 times a week no problem and post a video to prove it and this is with L4/L5 herniated disc. Fact is I always had strong legs.

Now in terms of ROM, it's not ass to grass but its not exactly 3/4 rep either (or maybe it is, not sure).

Fact is I can't even go ass to grass without any weight cos I just don't have the flexibility and my legs and ass would just get in the way so its not even possible WITHOUT any weight not to mention my L4/L4 herniated dics.

Now to describe the form, if you were to put a bench in the squat rack I would be able to touch my ass on it, or even sit on it before coming up, so maybe just above true parallel not sure if that counts. Then again I am 5.9 1/2 and have short legs so maybe it would?

Also makes no difference if I am 172lb or say 187lb by leg strength doesn't go up or down based on my body weight it just "is" what it is.

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 02:10:19 AM »

I did the 400lb for 8 at 172lb natty in the summer no problem. Don't care if you don't believe me, fact is if wanted to do it again I could get up to that within 3-4 weeks of squatting 3 times a week no problem and post a video to prove it and this is with L4/L5 herniated disc. Fact is I always had strong legs.

Now in terms of ROM, it's not ass to grass but its not exactly 3/4 rep either (or maybe it is, not sure).

Fact is I can't even go ass to grass without any weight cos I just don't have the flexibility and my legs and ass would just get in the way so its not even possible WITHOUT any weight not to mention my L4/L4 herniated dics.

Now to describe the form, if you were to put a bench in the squat rack I would be able to touch my ass on it, or even sit on it before coming up, so maybe just above true parallel not sure if that counts. Then again I am 5.9 1/2 and have short legs so maybe it would?

Also makes no difference if I am 172lb or say 187lb by leg strength doesn't go up or down based on my body weight it just "is" what it is.

Squatting with herniated discs is a great idea.
Go for it.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 02:17:11 AM »
Squatting with herniated discs is a great idea.
Go for it.

Exactly, that's how I  got my fucking hiernaited discs in the first place from squatting and dead's  ego lifting in my twenties.