Author Topic: Buying silver and gold  (Read 1716 times)

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
Buying silver and gold
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:44:13 PM »
So much high quality training advices here on GB. Was wondering if you studs know anything about buying and selling silver/gold.

Background: I have a few extra bucks rolling in right now, no bills, retirement is on point. So I'm thinking about buying some silver just to have something tangible.  Advises?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Buying silver and gold
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 10:50:32 PM »
Don't.

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 10:51:28 PM »

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »
Do

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »
So much high quality training advices here on GB. Was wondering if you studs know anything about buying and selling silver/gold.

Background: I have a few extra bucks rolling in right now, no bills, retirement is on point. So I'm thinking about buying some silver just to have something tangible.  Advises?
With precious metals you have to play in the realm of leveraged commodities trading to make any money. That being said, very few commodities traders make money consistently.

Instead, put that extra money in a good mutual fund. 

Fidelity Magellan.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:11:35 AM »
I know a smart scumbag who does this. He talks a huge game up to the dumbass selling a ring they no doubt stole, and gives them about $80 for the gold in it (14k on a size 9 women's). See this smart scumbag took a jeweler or gemology course cuz he knows how to prick the diamond out, melt the gold down or where to re-sell the gold, as well as knows how to make new rings. smart fucker. people home invade apartments for a couple hundred dollars. this guy turns 80 bucks into a new 500 ring

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 10:45:19 AM »

go to the conspiracy theory board and look for "24KT"     she is running some sort of gold scam

and if you decide to give energy investment a try, she also runs a magic gas pill scam

~

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 01:32:49 PM »
I think silver and gold will both rise as the market starts to correct itself now.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 01:40:42 PM »
Can you eat silver and gold? Can you drive a tank with silver and gold?

Nope.

Buy Oil and/or something you can grow and eat. Not necessarily actual stuff but futures.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Nope.

Buy Oil and/or something you can grow and eat. Not necessarily actual stuff but futures.

you contradict yourself.  you are saying buy paper, or buy a computer entry.  neither of which can drive a tank or can be eaten

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:45 PM »
PHYSICAL gold and silver are good hedges against (hyper) inflation. They aren't traditional investments.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
Both are a good idea in the face of the market corrections to come.  I'm much more bullish on silver though.  Silver is being bought roughly 50 to 1 to gold, but the supply is only 7 to 1.  The demand will out pace supply soon.  Silver is also used in industry, in addition to its function historically as money. 

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
ha silver and gold is so dark ages.

buy uranium instead.
n

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
First, if you treat it as insurance and not an investment you will have a healthy relationship with gold/silver/platinum/palladium.

Up to 10% of your net worth if you really like the shiny...if you are lucky it spikes to a level that you can sell half of it off and keep the other half for free, like when silver went to $48 a few years back. If you get really interested in metals you can trade the gold/silver ratio to end up with more of both.

If the dollar collapses the stuff will not stop bullets but that's another issue entirely.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 07:14:08 PM »
ha silver and gold is so dark ages.

buy uranium instead.

::) wrong. Used posing trunks is where the money is at.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
2013 brought one of the best bull market in equities since the mid 90′s. At the same time, to fund equity purchases and flee ‘safe assets,’ there was a huge sell-off in silver & gold. This selloff gives investors an excellent chance to accumulate a long-term position in physical holdings and silver companies.

Gold and Silver seem to have found a floor around $117 and $18.50 only trading below these levels briefly. I think while prices are depressed it is a good time to buy for the long-term investor. Silver especially...

In 2013 there was a significant shortage of both American Silver Eagles from the U.S. Mint as well as junk silver available (that is, pre-1965 U.S. dimes, quarters and half dollars) as a direct result of record high demand. Further, demand for the metal as a precious holding is there from physical investors, and has helped get silver hold the $19.00 mark per ounce. Aside from silver being a precious metal, it also has many industrial and technological applications. Therefore, there will always be some level of demand, but such demand should pick up significantly when the global economy comes fully out of recession.

Industrial Demand

When the economy rebounds, there will be a spike in demand in many areas. The demand will not be just in coin and bullion form, but also in jewelry, silverware and dentistry. On the technology front, silver is one of the most conductive metals out there, and thus is utilized in photography, electronic devices, optics, medical devices/tools and most recently, in nanotechnology. One of the factors driving the forecast improvements is demand for ethylene oxide, an intermediate chemical in industrial processes that requires silver.

Industrial processes have been intentionally designed not to consume gold (and silver is a better conductor), and at the high prices gold has commanded for decades, it is nearly all recycled. It is said that 99% of all gold ever mined is still in existence above ground. For these reasons, silver stockpiles as a percentage of all silver ever mined is so much smaller than gold stockpiles as a percentage of all gold ever mined.

Demand for silver is really near all-time highs, not just for precious metal investment, but in industry, particularly in technology. It’s not some manipulated statistic. The plain fact is, the laws of supply and demand will eventually catch up to silver prices. It bears repeating, in smart phones alone, over $1 billion worth of silver is utilized annually. Add a few another billion dollars for all of the computers, tablets and televisions sold each year. Now think about all of the other industries using silver (jewelry, dentistry, nanotechnology, etc). It is in finite supply with ever increasing demand. Eventually, this needs to normalize, and when it does, silver prices stand to benefit, and I believe that tremendously.

Bear232

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 07:40:32 PM »
Buy a 100oz ingot and throw in the safe.  Silver is less than 20$ an oz., good bargain now.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »

Nope.

Why do people make the ridiculous assumption that one would buy gold and silver at the exclusion of having food? It's not an either or proposition.   Since 1913 the purchasing power of the dollar has been destroyed.  However, an ounce of gold in 1913 will buy comparatively the same amount of goods today, where as the dollar is worth about 3 cents of what it was in 1913.  Gold and silver have been money for thousands of years, as they are a store of value.  All fiat currencies inevitably go to zero.  Gold and silver have always served to buy what one needs. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »
Why do people make the ridiculous assumption that one would buy gold and silver at the exclusion of having food? It's not an either or proposition.  

Right...have some cash, some food, some guns and ammo, some precious metals, don't live in the hood, don't take out a bunch of debt, etc.

Stan Diego

• Getbig III
  • A whales vagina
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 07:57:01 PM »
Buy a 100oz ingot and throw in the safe.  Silver is less than 20$ an oz., good bargain now.

Good advices. That is a solid $2,000 investment