Author Topic: new testosterone replacement studies  (Read 4072 times)

pumped1961

• Getbig I
new testosterone replacement studies
« on: February 02, 2014, 09:33:27 AM »
hi guys what do you think of all the new studies  on trt  increasing stroke and heart attack  by 29% in older men  im 52 and have been on 5 years im freaking out but feel much better with testosterone what your take on risk to benefit of trt?

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: new testosterone replacement studies
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:39:54 AM »
Take asprin

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:40:51 AM »
heart attack beats cancer any day.

Ace

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 09:45:15 AM »
heart attack beats cancer any day.

Agreed.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
Allow me to offer some lame justification for steriod supplementation:

- the study was of men who were already "at risk" of heart disease.

- if somebody is going to essentially use steroid supplementation and not alter either their diet nor lifestyle, then I would say that this is a predictable result. Hell, not a single AAS user on this board minimizes the risk nor the requirement to stay on top of your health.

- There were studies that preceded this that talked about the health benefits. The pendulum always swings. It's always a good idea to see who is funding a certain study, even if you have to dig a few levels down. The true nature of "science" these days is pretty shoddy.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
 I go on life extension boards sometimes and read the posts there from guys suffering all kinds of sides from TRT, without fail they are all fat, out of shape, eat garbage and don't exercise

these 30% bf middle aged men obviously get higher estro from this, and most TRT comes from retard Dr's (family Drs ,endos, uros etc) who don't look at the root cause of these issues - the mens health in the first place. Often the TRT retard Dr doesn't give AIs or monitor bloodwork properly, these guys post and are clueless because their Drs are clueless

They don't keep their values in check, donate blood, eat healthy, keep stress low etc so obviously TRT becomes more of a risk factor in these already sick men.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 05:13:43 PM »
if you get a sudden dedly heart infarct, you wont feel much pain.

its not battle until game over, its more like you play playstation and someone pulls the cord.

instant blackout.

do not worry.

worry makes hair go grey, and is no good for the heart either.

you want be jacked?gonna sacrifice bit health and most likely few years of lifespan.

wanna be healthy?

dont smoke, dont drink,live like a monk, do cardio every day, eat healthy and have monster 11inch guns.

n

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
Do a checkup on your heart health. Folow doctor advice.

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
If ur chloresterol is in check and ur literally on trt dose I personally wouldn't worry

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 12:09:59 PM »
If ur chloresterol is in check and ur literally on trt dose I personally wouldn't worry

How many of us stick to "TRT dose?" Within a week, most everybody has doubled it and this is a place that considers 500/week "natty"

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:19:46 PM »
Did u read the op post? It was strictly speaking of trt

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
Here is the actual study: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0085805

Among younger men with a history of heart disease, we observed a two to three-fold increased risk of MI in the 90 days following an initial TT prescription and no excess risk in younger men without such a history. Among older men, the two-fold increased risk was associated with TT prescription regardless of cardiovascular disease history, although this analysis was based on relatively small numbers of MI cases in each subgroup.

Among men aged 65 years and older, we observed a two-fold increase in the risk of MI in the 90 days after filling an initial TT prescription, the risk declined to baseline in the 91 to 180 days after initial TT prescription, among those who did not refill their prescription.

MI = Myocardial Infarction

Given the rapidly increasing use of TT, the current results, along with other recent findings emphasize the urgency of the previous call for clinical trials adequately powered to assess the range of benefits and risks suggested for such therapy.

Keep in mind that these are TRT doses - higher doses could well be far worse.

With all of the recent deaths, some people may want to reconsider their 1000mg test cruise.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »
men with a history of heart disease

ah yeah, ok.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »
Also

Among younger men with a history of heart disease, we observed a two to three-fold increased risk of MI in the 90 days following an initial TT prescription and no excess risk in younger men without such a history. Among older men, the two-fold increased risk was associated with TT prescription regardless of cardiovascular disease history, although this analysis was based on relatively small numbers of MI cases in each subgroup.

Commence injections!

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 04:57:10 PM »
comeon what is this, dying from infarct is just like falling asleep(you just dont wake up nomore)

you live life, not too concerned about things, you never know the minute anyway.

theres no need to look at studies.

evene when eating clean its not very healthy.

a study wont change 1 thing in how you will do, its not representative for you individualy.

n

Jovo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig !
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
i think when you tur 15/16 you pic your poison

smoking/alcho/drugs/steroids

pick one and stick with it, mix em and youre fucked haha

fuck living a boring life where youre sober all the time, drugs are fun and make the years that you have better

dustin

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 07:11:18 PM »
Does anyone ever look at the damn studies? They usually involve fat asses who have hypogonadism caused by shit like being a fat fuck and then they go with that. So yeah, their findings are going to be pretty abysmal.

Studies also show that LOW test is also a risk factor. In the end, what matters is what you do with your life. If you have low T, capitalize that and get on a legal script. Might as well. Increases your quality of life substantially and it's a nice cover for running a little extra gear (whoops!). It'll probably be covered by insurance companies in the future too, or at least that's why I hope for because I'll be on legal TRT at some point.

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 08:28:29 PM »
I would rather die at 70 feeling strong and fit than die at 80 and spent most of that time feeling and looking like crap.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 10:45:35 PM »

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Gay, unless the tat is speaking about getbig the website.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 11:41:54 PM »
if you get a sudden dedly heart infarct, you wont feel much pain.

its not battle until game over, its more like you play playstation and someone pulls the cord.

instant blackout.

do not worry.

worry makes hair go grey, and is no good for the heart either.

you want be jacked?gonna sacrifice bit health and most likely few years of lifespan.

wanna be healthy?

dont smoke, dont drink,live like a monk, do cardio every day, eat healthy and have monster 11inch guns.

lol

sort of creepy

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 11:56:00 PM »
i think when you tur 15/16 you pic your poison

smoking/alcho/drugs/steroids

pick one and stick with it, mix em and youre fucked haha

fuck living a boring life where youre sober all the time, drugs are fun and make the years that you have better

Would Victoria copy '1 punch law' like NSW, 8 years minimum  :P

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 12:01:02 AM »
comeon what is this, dying from infarct is just like falling asleep(you just dont wake up nomore)

you live life, not too concerned about things, you never know the minute anyway.

theres no need to look at studies.

evene when eating clean its not very healthy.

a study wont change 1 thing in how you will do, its not representative for you individualy.

or when you witness (on the plane) how dark asian turns white & is shit scare from dying .........  :P

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 07:57:20 AM »
hi guys what do you think of all the new studies  on trt  increasing stroke and heart attack  by 29% in older men  im 52 and have been on 5 years im freaking out but feel much better with testosterone what your take on risk to benefit of trt?

A lot depends on your heart health, blood lipo/RBC count report and a hormone panel. And then you are never sure. Factor in quality of life. I used heavy AAS in my mid 40s, went 100% natty for 3 years and felt like chit. Blood test showed me in andropause. So at your age I went on Test topical gel at 70mg a week. That got me to "average" for my age. I kept doing that for 10 more years. At 62 upped to 100cyp weekly injected. All along taking a baby aspirin daily and donating blood (slightly elevated RBCs) every 2 months. On my 73rd birthday I was feeling all cranky, tired and girly like. New blood test showed I was back into andropause. Doc had me bump Test to 250cyp injection weekly. I both feel and blood test great. Still donate blood and take my aspirin.

The donating blood is tricky. All blood centers do NOT want you to take injectable anything incl. steroids unless done by a Doc. (in my case I do it my self but with a prescription). They are not concerned that anabolics will be transfered to the end blood recipient. They are concerned about shared needles. Unfortunatly that is still the view out there of the Bodybuilding culture. So answer the questions accordingly.