Author Topic: I knocked my GF up.......love her, but a child?  (Read 8606 times)

snx

• Getbig IV
Re: I knocked my GF up.......love her, but a child?
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2014, 01:48:15 PM »
It ended up in a miscarriage, which isn't that weird when a woman is over 30.
Feel relieved and sad at the same time.
Hope you guys can relate to that.
Thanks for the positive posts...

Your feelings are your own, and no matter what anyone here says, you're entitled to feel the way you feel.

It's quite understandable to feel relieved; but now you have to ask yourself, is she really the right woman for you forever? I'm sure you've done some soul searching these past few weeks, and have come to a conclusion on that subject. Now that the idea of a child has gone, you've learned that you either do want to spend the rest of your life with her, or you don't. You had to have figured this out to some degree...all men do when faced with the proposition of a child. So one silver lining here is that you now have more clarity on the relationship with the woman.

And of course, she has done some soul searching of her own, and has evaluated the rest of her life with you, and your potential as a father. Perhaps she feels you are the one for her...and perhaps now she is thinking otherwise. If you care about her, you should talk to her about it...about her long-term vision for you in her life...whether you want to be there or not. If she feels more distant from you, and you from her, then this can be the easier way (albeit still heartbreaking) way out. But if one of you feels differently, it's still a good way to make a break now.

If you both feel stronger and have bonded through the experience, then you've done something most couples haven't. You've suffered through the loss of a child and gotten stronger through it. That's a rare thing, and you have a rock-strong relationship.

You've probably also evaluated your potential as a father. Don't put those feelings away. Think about them more, and come to terms with them. Evaluate if children are in your future. If not, then know that, and act accordingly and develop relationships that further your vision...don't row against it. Finding a woman who shares your vision about children is critical to long term happiness (I think that goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways).

Whatever the next few weeks turn out, you now have a had a golden opportunity to evaluate yourself, and your relationship with this woman. Don't let that go to waste. Now is the time to make the right moves in your life to take you where you want to go. Use this silver lining to your advantage.

And of course, take some time to search your feelings about your lost child. Whether you're pro life or pro choice, it's never easy losing the potential of a child. Even pro-choice people, I believe, don't have abortions without feeling something remarkably strong.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2014, 01:51:22 PM »
Punch her in the stomach.

Push her down some stairs "accidentally".

Suck it up and deal with the kid. Buy some guitars.

Not necessarily in that order.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2014, 01:53:57 PM »
I adore my Gibson Marauder

Guitars don't get colic nor need frequent feedings and diaper changing.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:16 PM »
Guitars don't get colic nor need frequent feedings and diaper changing.
plus they only get better when they grow old...I am very open minded to my older kids but they know from their toddler days: never, I mean NEVER touch daddy's guitars... ;D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
It ended up in a miscarriage, which isn't that weird when a woman is over 30.
Feel relieved and sad at the same time.
Hope you guys can relate to that.
Thanks for the positive posts...

I understand the mixed feelings.
Maybe it's wise to break up with her...

Simple Simon

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2014, 01:59:00 PM »
I understand the mixed feelings.
Maybe it's wise to break up with her...
Yeah, good idea, girls just lost a baby so dump her, should do her the power of good.

Your Average GymRat

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »
Your feelings are your own, and no matter what anyone here says, you're entitled to feel the way you feel.

It's quite understandable to feel relieved; but now you have to ask yourself, is she really the right woman for you forever? I'm sure you've done some soul searching these past few weeks, and have come to a conclusion on that subject. Now that the idea of a child has gone, you've learned that you either do want to spend the rest of your life with her, or you don't. You had to have figured this out to some degree...all men do when faced with the proposition of a child. So one silver lining here is that you now have more clarity on the relationship with the woman.

And of course, she has done some soul searching of her own, and has evaluated the rest of her life with you, and your potential as a father. Perhaps she feels you are the one for her...and perhaps now she is thinking otherwise. If you care about her, you should talk to her about it...about her long-term vision for you in her life...whether you want to be there or not. If she feels more distant from you, and you from her, then this can be the easier way (albeit still heartbreaking) way out. But if one of you feels differently, it's still a good way to make a break now.

If you both feel stronger and have bonded through the experience, then you've done something most couples haven't. You've suffered through the loss of a child and gotten stronger through it. That's a rare thing, and you have a rock-strong relationship.

You've probably also evaluated your potential as a father. Don't put those feelings away. Think about them more, and come to terms with them. Evaluate if children are in your future. If not, then know that, and act accordingly and develop relationships that further your vision...don't row against it. Finding a woman who shares your vision about children is critical to long term happiness (I think that goes without saying, but I'll say it anyways).

Whatever the next few weeks turn out, you now have a had a golden opportunity to evaluate yourself, and your relationship with this woman. Don't let that go to waste. Now is the time to make the right moves in your life to take you where you want to go. Use this silver lining to your advantage.

And of course, take some time to search your feelings about your lost child. Whether you're pro life or pro choice, it's never easy losing the potential of a child. Even pro-choice people, I believe, don't have abortions without feeling something remarkably strong.

Do you understand that you just left a long serious reply to a turd who's never had a girlfriend in his life? Also lies and says he's a doctor. 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »
Yeah, good idea, girls just lost a baby so dump her, should do her the power of good.

Not a matter of dumping. In many cases, this is simply a breakpoint, best for both sides.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2014, 02:21:32 PM »
Some men should just get a vasectomy, now.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2014, 02:40:41 PM »
Most men should just get a vasectomy, now.

Fixed

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2014, 04:28:48 PM »
Do you understand that you just left a long serious reply to a turd who's never had a girlfriend in his life? Also lies and says he's a doctor. 

Probably, you're right.

But I do it because I like to read my own posts. In some strangely surreal macabre narcissistic perversion, I find it interesting to put my thoughts in writing and reflect from time to time on them to see how I really feel from day to day about various subjects. I realize nobody on here could give a shit about my opinion.

Even if he's real, why would he listen to me? For all he knows, I'm one of the motley group of slack jawed mouth breathers out there with an axe to grind lacking a couple of functioning neurons to rub together.

Posting on getbig is like yelling into the wind. It's kind of fun from time to time to say whatever you like, because no one will truly hear you, let alone listen to you. There's a freedom in that. 

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2014, 05:12:55 PM »
man the fuck up..punch her in the gut and act like nothing happened
I

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2014, 05:23:00 PM »

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2014, 06:38:26 PM »
Probably, you're right.

But I do it because I like to read my own posts. In some strangely surreal macabre narcissistic perversion, I find it interesting to put my thoughts in writing and reflect from time to time on them to see how I really feel from day to day about various subjects. I realize nobody on here could give a shit about my opinion.

Even if he's real, why would he listen to me? For all he knows, I'm one of the motley group of slack jawed mouth breathers out there with an axe to grind lacking a couple of functioning neurons to rub together.

Posting on getbig is like yelling into the wind. It's kind of fun from time to time to say whatever you like, because no one will truly hear you, let alone listen to you. There's a freedom in that. 

I thought it was an excellent post, so consider yourself owned.

search your feelings

This part gave me this tho.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
This weekend I cleaned up the filth behind my fridge.....guess which getbigger came to mind ?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: March 03, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
How do you get pregnant in 2014?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 03, 2014, 01:19:39 PM »
How do you get pregnant in 2014?
You really want me to tell you how it works? You are Amish or what ?

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2014, 01:42:56 PM »
You really want me to tell you how it works? You are Amish or what ?
No, you egghead.

If you get pregnant in 2014, it means you've been living in a cave. There's no excuse when they have fucking SHOTS that last 6 months, in case the bitch is too incompetent to use a pill, wear a patch, a ring, or get her tubes tied.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2014, 06:52:09 PM »

Flower Boy Ran Away

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 03, 2014, 07:51:11 PM »
is the op still expecting?

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
hand her a pack of cigarettes and a bottle vodka to celebrate the occasion

Rule #3: never trust a woman that won't smoke and drink with you when it comes time to have a good time
I

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
Congrats on the abortion dr dutch

Did u save the cash and do it yourself? Or outsourced the job?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2014, 11:58:41 PM »
so what happened here

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2014, 01:09:04 AM »
From now on the OP will do only anal.