Author Topic: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...  (Read 35933 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...
« Reply #325 on: February 04, 2014, 02:01:09 PM »
apparently he likes to ignore facts that contradict his beliefs

even the fact that McDonalds has admitted using pink slime and decided to stop doing so about a year ago is completely unknown to him

doesn't chlorine rinsed chicken sound appetizing

Sorry to break the news to you, but all meat goes through processing, even the healthiest whole food kind.  I knew a guy who was a USDA food inspector and meat factories actually have an allowance of rat feces per pound of meat. It's inevitable to not.  Just go to any chicken facotry like purdue or fosters farms.  After seeing how it's done you'd never touch a chicken breast again.  Unless you go to a farm and have them slaughter it in front of your eyes you are getting processed foods.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #326 on: February 04, 2014, 02:02:06 PM »
http://magazine.foxnews.com/food-wellness/john-stossel-debunks-food-myths-pink-slime-zebra-meat

John Stossel Debunks Food Myths: From Pink Slime to Zebra Meat

MYTH: “Pink slime” in beef is disgusting!
TRUTH: What some media outlets call “pink slime” is perfectly safe.

Why? “Because it’s just meat,” says Stossel. “It's made from the meat that clings to the bones — the parts that the meat cutters missed.” In addition, it's treated with ammonia (as meat often is), he adds, so that pathogens are killed.

Still not convinced? Stossel reports that ammonia treatment is safe, USDA-approved, and is used in ketchup and mustard even more than in beef. Also, there are no reported cases of these lean beef trimmings causing food poisoning.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #327 on: February 04, 2014, 02:03:13 PM »
Straw Man is an Obama fan boy and a die hard liberal who will never admit he's wrong, but he knows the benefits of intermittent fasting and has provided a very valuable resource on the subject in the Nutrition board.  So he's okay in my book.   :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »
Sorry to break the news to you, but all meat goes through processing, even the healthiest whole food kind.  I knew a guy who was a USDA food inspector and meat factories actually have an allowance of rat

feces per pound of meat. It's inevitable to not.  Just go to any chicken facotry like purdue or fosters farms.  After seeing how it's done you'd never touch a chicken breast again.  Unless you go to a farm and have them slaughter it in front of your eyes you are getting processed foods.

I rarely very rarely eat chicken and not just for the reason you mentioned

http://perfecthealthdiet.com/2013/01/chicken-why-art-thou-so-mediocre/

btw - The Perfect Health diet is a pretty good book and just came out in paperback

I buy my meat directly from this farm

http://www.pratherranch.com/

and occasionally from here: http://www.grasslandbeef.com/StoreFront.bok

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

btw - The Perfect Health diet is a pretty good book and just came out in paperback

ROFLMAO at the fear based eating.

I am stronger than you.  My physique is much more advanced and better than yours and I am healthier than you are.

Keep on failing.  Its what you do best!  :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #330 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:19 PM »

Let's talk fish.  A lot of "chefs" will swear by ocean fish vs. farmed fish, but those truly in know only buy farmed.  The ocean is so fucking poluted now that you have no idea where the fish swam, lived or what it ate.  A farm fish is controlled in clean filtered water, eats a proper diet and you know what your product is.  It's a shame that most ocean fish are just so fucking polluted.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #331 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:28 PM »
Straw Man is an Obama fan boy and a die hard liberal who will never admit he's wrong, but he knows the benefits of intermittent fasting and has provided a very valuable resource on the subject in the Nutrition board.  So he's okay in my book.   :)

If you read the thread you see that I never made any claims to culinary mastery anything of the sort

btw - I've told TA that I would defer to his superior credentials and have asked him multiple times to post them but I haven't seen them or maybe I just missed the post

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #332 on: February 04, 2014, 02:14:09 PM »

I am stronger than you.  My physique is much more advanced and better than yours and I am healthier than you are.

Do you look like this now? 

No Homo    :-X

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #333 on: February 04, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »

I assume you've read the book

How else could you comment on it

I can tell you're a smart guy so you're aware of how shitty the quality is of most US Chicken and even the best chicken has high Omega 6 levels (and of course being the smart guy that you are you know why that is a potential health issue for many people)

Simple Simon

« Reply #334 on: February 04, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
Do you look like this now? 

No Homo    :-X

Supersize me?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »

:D ;D
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #336 on: February 04, 2014, 02:19:51 PM »

Which Model are you?  the T2000?

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #337 on: February 04, 2014, 02:20:48 PM »
Straw Man has zero credibility.  He is afraid of food and believes in urban legends.

He is worthless.

Ironically, my good man, your argument against Straw Man -- itself a classic argumentation fallacy, though I don't recall the Latin name -- is a clear-cut case of Argumentum Ad Hominem; i.e., diversionary personal attack, attack against the person, etc., etc.  Your own riposte is, frankly, as you said, "worthless."

I think you know that, too, Adam.  It's only too easy to divert from what someone says by trying to divert the issue to their character, actions or even character (per the also classic Tu Quoque:  "Well, gee, pal, you snort heroin, too, so who are you to say it might soon kill me?").

Address his arguments, not the man says or even his behavior.  As a fellow Star Trek fan, perhaps you'll appreciate this quote:  "Perhaps the words are more important than the man."

Aside:  while I cannot completely agree with the fellas who have crashed on McDonald's as they have, I DO understand where some of them are coming from.  I know my friend Michael Wong, a life-long atheist, engineer, family man and self-avowed "asshole" would have a field day with some of this fast food business.  He swore to me that his late DOG wouldn't even eat McMeat even when little Fuzzy Wong's bowl was empty.  

Michael has largely retired from the Internet, but he still occasionally posts on this site:  http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/category/blog/

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: February 04, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
Which Model are you?  the T2000?
where are your pics
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #340 on: February 04, 2014, 02:21:56 PM »
If you read the thread you see that I never made any claims to culinary mastery anything of the sort

btw - I've told TA that I would defer to his superior credentials and have asked him multiple times to post them but I haven't seen them or maybe I just missed the post

I have no beef with you, and I have no beef with TA.  My personal opinion on the subject is somewhere between your opinion and TA's.  Not everything that is natural is good for you, and not everything that is artificial is bad for you.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #342 on: February 04, 2014, 02:24:41 PM »
Let's talk fish.  A lot of "chefs" will swear by ocean fish vs. farmed fish, but those truly in know only buy farmed.  The ocean is so fucking poluted now that you have no idea where the fish swam, lived or what it ate.  A farm fish is controlled in clean filtered water, eats a proper diet and you know what your product is.  It's a shame that most ocean fish are just so fucking polluted.

my preferred fish are sardines but I also eat way too much sushi so I'm not the guy to be preaching about that

I buy cases of these every year and am currently on the waiting list for when they get back in stock
I always get the kind with skin and bones
http://www.vitalchoice.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=65&idcategory=223

I'm sure TA will weigh in and tell us why the fish sandwich at McDonalds is fantastically high quality

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #343 on: February 04, 2014, 02:25:54 PM »
:D ;D

To add a cherry on top, Adam, how do you know your physique is better than Straw Man's, or that you're stronger?

Just asking.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #344 on: February 04, 2014, 02:27:05 PM »
I have no beef with you, and I have no beef with TA.  My personal opinion on the subject is somewhere between your opinion and TA's.  Not everything that is natural is good for you, and not everything that is artificial is bad for you.

I don't recall ever saying "natural is good" or "artificial is bad"

"natural" chickens are still high in Omega 6 and all the supplement I take are artificial so I can't really make generalizations like that

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2014, 02:42:57 PM »

Would love to throw that milkshake in her face, with a smile on my face  :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2014, 02:45:15 PM »
Ironically, my good man, your argument against Straw Man -- itself a classic argumentation fallacy, though I don't recall the Latin name -- is a clear-cut case of Argumentum Ad Hominem; i.e., diversionary personal attack, attack against the person, etc., etc.  Your own riposte is, frankly, as you said, "worthless."

I think you know that, too, Adam.  It's only too easy to divert from what someone says by trying to divert the issue to their character, actions or even character (per the also classic Tu Quoque:  "Well, gee, pal, you snort heroin, too, so who are you to say it might soon kill me?").

Address his arguments, not the man says or even his behavior.  As a fellow Star Trek fan, perhaps you'll appreciate this quote:  "Perhaps the words are more important than the man."

Aside:  while I cannot completely agree with the fellas who have crashed on McDonald's as they have, I DO understand where some of them are coming from.  I know my friend Michael Wong, a life-long atheist, engineer, family man and self-avowed "asshole" would have a field day with some of this fast food business.  He swore to me that his late DOG wouldn't even eat McMeat even when little Fuzzy Wong's bowl was empty.  

Michael has largely retired from the Internet, but he still occasionally posts on this site:  http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/category/blog/

Your friend is a moron.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »
To add a cherry on top, Adam, how do you know your physique is better than Straw Man's, or that you're stronger?

Just asking.
Because he lacks these muscles.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2014, 02:53:43 PM »
And these