Author Topic: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...  (Read 35533 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: So after eating 90% clean for the last 4 months, I ate a McDs Double QP...
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
its a shame that adam is reduced to trolling about burgers

he used to invent zero gravity suits

he made up his own fake principles

he managed to troll for 2 years about a dead lift video he never posted

he lived of five year old pics for an age

come on ta you can do better than this
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2014, 01:55:31 PM »
Baby Shizzo approves of this latest troll job by Adonis. He has El Diablo Blanco near suicide.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2014, 07:23:48 PM »
I don`t know what you want from me.  The stovetop method is inferior and is shit.  There is no benefit to a pre-sear.  No taste advantage.  You mumbled something about bacteria being killed.  Bacteria, even if it is present, (you can eat raw beef like the Swedish Viking) is killed at 122 degrees.  No pathogen exists that can do any human any harm once that temperature is reached, therefore your killing bacteria claim is pointless as there would be no bacteria present to be killed because it was already killed in the water bath.

PS.  If I want to call you a moron and attack you, I will.  I do not have to abide by any rules.  I don`t care if you hate me and I do not care if you disagree with my approach to "message board decorum" or lack thereof.  As Groink says, "I am not here to make friends."  (Although I have made many friends on here)

very simple

I want you to bump the post where you claim you "outlined" it as shit

Let's also review a few quick facts

First,  you've never actually used the stovetop method so only a ROYAL douche would act like like such a arrogant know it all when they have ZERO experience with the method (this would be like some HIT trainer insisting that higher volume training is "shit' an "useless" even though they have never done it in their life)

Second, you watched a video (or I presume you did since I offered it to you to view) of a professional chef using the stove top method and it worked perfectly fine thereby proving your uninformed claim to be complete false (i.e. that it's "shit")

Third, the worst thing you can say about the pre-sear is that it that is has no additional benefit in taste and it does no harm (that's actually the conclusion that you yourself posted), hardly a damning condemnation

Fourth, you've conveniently failed to address the other benefits of the pre-sear that were mentioned, one of which is that it lessens the chance of over cooking (again, a video was provided using both method to demonstrate this claim)

Finally, the only reason were even discussing this topic in this thread was due to you truly pathetic need to put other people down as a way to boost your obviously very fragile (I would say truly damaged) self esteem

Now, I'm fine if you want to act like a arrogant, know it all, and obviously pathetically insecure asshole.   We are all familiar with that.

I'll keep pointing out all your character flaws (though they are obvious to everyone)

::)

The stovetop method is shit as outlined previously.

I don`t want to be civil.  I like to make personal attacks sometimes.  Its amusing to me and I do it frequently.  I have always done this.  I see no harm in doing so and if you are offended, all the better.

Hope this helps.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:42 PM »
Cooking, serious business!   :D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #454 on: February 05, 2014, 07:46:02 PM »
very simple

I want you to bump the post where you claim you "outlined" it as shit

Let's also review a few quick facts

First,  you've never actually used the stovetop method so only a ROYAL douche would act like like such a arrogant know it all when they have ZERO experience with the method (this would be like some HIT trainer insisting that higher volume training is "shit' an "useless" even though they have never done it in their life)

Second, you watched a video (or I presume you did since I offered it to you to view) of a professional chef using the stove top method and it worked perfectly fine thereby proving your uninformed claim to be complete false (i.e. that it's "shit")

Third, the worst thing you can say about the pre-sear is that it that is has no additional benefit in taste and it does no harm (that's actually the conclusion that you yourself posted), hardly a damning condemnation

Fourth, you've conveniently failed to address the other benefits of the pre-sear that were mentioned, one of which is that it lessens the chance of over cooking (again, a video was provided using both method to demonstrate this claim)

Finally, the only reason were even discussing this topic in this thread was due to you truly pathetic need to put other people down as a way to boost your obviously very fragile (I would say truly damaged) self esteem

Now, I'm fine if you want to act like a arrogant, know it all, and obviously pathetically insecure asshole.   We are all familiar with that.

I'll keep pointing out all your character flaws (though they are obvious to everyone)

1.  I don`t need to have done it to know that it is inferior.  I have read many other people`s experiences with this method (including Krankenstein from this site) to know they had problems with it.  I also have the wherewithal and knowledge to KNOW that it is inferior.  You don`t have to partake in something to know it sucks.  I have never done steroids in my life but that does not mean I do not know they are harmful and better left alone.  Sure, I have zero experience with steroids in using them, but isn`t there enough evidence readily available to make a determination that they are dangerous and harmful?  You can replace "steroids" with pretty much anything.
   This is where you and the Creationists, shitbrain Republicans and general morons converge.  You think you have to actively do something firsthand rather than looking and evaluating mountains of evidence before making a determination.  In your and their world anything else is invalid.  The world must be a very scary place for you if you are unable to make any kind of evaluation with evidence.  

2. Sure, the stovetop method could work, but it is shit compared to the Beer Cooler method for reasons I have already outlined.  If you are too dumb to scroll through the posts and read them, I am sorry.  Your poor comprehension is something that you will have to remedy and deal with.  I can show you a video of David Blaine performing magic, does that mean magic is real?

3. A pre-sear is pointless.  It will not affect taste, nor will it kill any bacteria like you initially thought it would since bacteria would all be dead at 122 degrees anyway.  Furthermore, you can eat raw meat and chances are extremely low that you would get sick.  I do not recommend it, but the probability is low.

4. There are no benefits to the pre-sear as overcooking is never a problem with either method pre or post water bath.  

5. You are still a moron.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: February 05, 2014, 07:50:13 PM »
Cooking, serious business!   :D

Yes. So is Mcdonalds.  Do you think Warren Buffett likes onion rings on his burgers?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: February 05, 2014, 07:57:14 PM »
Here is Krankenstein`s experience using the shitty inferior stovetop method:

Did this tonight.  I unfortunately couldn't keep the temperature constant.  So, I ended up with a medium steak.  Still, was more juicy than when I have fucked up and made it medium before.  I kept it in the water for 1hr.  Seared it for 90 seconds per side afterwards (after drying off).  The actual machines are about $350 - $400 on Amazon.  I am going to look at the little devices that keep the water temp consistent.

All in all...not a bad steak.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #457 on: February 05, 2014, 07:58:48 PM »
What's the big deal with just putting the hot water in a cooler? ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: February 05, 2014, 07:59:58 PM »
More on Krankenstein`s experience with the Shitty and Inferior stovetop method:

I had a larger stainless steel pot.  I have a wireless thermometer.  I can set it to go off when it hits a certain temp.  So I would have my stove on very low until it hit 140, then let it cool until 128. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00:51 PM »
Because Strawman is a Sadomasochist and wants to make things more difficult than they have to be.  Either that, or he is just ignorant.  Or both.  :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2014, 08:09:10 PM »
1.  I don`t need to have done it to know that it is inferior.  I have read many other people`s experiences with this method (including Krankenstein from this site) to know they had problems with it.  I also have the wherewithal and knowledge to KNOW that it is inferior.  You don`t have to partake in something to know it sucks.  I have never done steroids in my life but that does not mean I do not know they are harmful and better left alone.  Sure, I have zero experience with steroids in using them, but isn`t there enough evidence readily available to make a determination that they are dangerous and harmful?  You can replace "steroids" with pretty much anything.
   This is where you and the Creationists, shitbrain Republicans and general morons converge.  You think you have to actively do something firsthand rather than looking and evaluating mountains of evidence before making a determination.  In your and their world anything else is invalid.  The world must be a very scary place for you if you are unable to make any kind of evaluation with evidence.  

2. Sure, the stovetop method could work, but it is shit compared to the Beer Cooler method for reasons I have already outlined.  If you are too dumb to scroll through the posts and read them, I am sorry.  Your poor comprehension is something that you will have to remedy and deal with.  I can show you a video of David Blaine performing magic, does that mean magic is real?

3. A pre-sear is pointless.  It will not affect taste, nor will it kill any bacteria like you initially thought it would since bacteria would all be dead at 122 degrees anyway.  Furthermore, you can eat raw meat and chances are extremely low that you would get sick.  I do not recommend it, but the probability is low.

4. There are no benefits to the pre-sear as overcooking is never a problem with either method pre or post water bath.  

5. You are still a moron.

yet again you failed to address the other benefit of the pre-sear that it prevents over cooking in the end (again video example was given)

this is typical of what you have done in this thread and elsewhere, namely just conveniently ignoring anything that you can't refute

same way you completely ignore all the disadvantages of your beloved cooler method (the one you have claimed to use hundreds of times though for some reason never made a thread about it)

You sound like a Mike Mentzer devotee insisting that you can't do more then 2 sets per bodypart or you will over train and then calling everyone stupid who doesn't agree with you

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12:19 PM »
yet again you failed to address the other benefit of the pre-sear that it prevents over cooking in the end (again video example was given)

this is typical of what you have done in this thread and elsewhere, namely just conveniently ignoring anything that you can't refute

same way you completely ignore all the disadvantages of your beloved cooler method (the one you have claimed to use hundreds of times though for some reason never made a thread about it)

You sound like a Mike Mentzer devotee insisting that you can't do more then 2 sets per bodypart or you will over train and then calling everyone stupid who doesn't agree with you

???
Never made a thread about it?  You have a member here, Roger Bacon, who has been using this method when I posted it a year, two or three ago (I have been doing it since 2010).  Do you not believe him?  ???  

Again, there is no benefit.  What happened to your "bacteria" claim by the way?  ???

TimBryce

• Getbig II
  • ceo
« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2014, 08:13:42 PM »
Hey einstein, your body simply wasnt used to have to digest a large amount of fat in a single meal anymore due to your diet
It would've had  the same reaction with any other high fat meal. Hope this help

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2014, 08:21:12 PM »
More on Krankenstein`s experience with the Shitty and Inferior stovetop method:

this is your PROOF to support your arrogant claims of superiority

this one person who couldn't do it right the first time he tried it ?

This is the basis of your arrogance, calling it "shit" ?

did you even notice that he said "all in all not a bad steak"

maybe next time he should try the pre-sear and figure out how to keep the temp at 130 BEFORE putting in the steak (as I did)

He started too high to begin with

I posted a video of an actual chef doing it quite successfully and effortlessly kept the temp right around 130

WTF man - is that all you have

You are more stupid that I even imagined

Just for you I will post the video again so you and Krakenstein can see how easy it really is

Please note - watching this video will not cure you of your profound self esteem issues

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:35 PM »
???
Never made a thread about it?  You have a member here, Roger Bacon, who has been using this method when I posted it a year, two or three ago (I have been doing it since 2010).  Do you not believe him?  ???  

Again, there is no benefit.  What happened to your "bacteria" claim by the way?  ???

I asked you to bump one of the threads so I could look read it

the bacteria claim was not "my claim" and it was only 1 of 4 or 5 benefits of the pre-sear

you can read them all again here and then you can address each one (I've already mentioned them multiple times so I'm not going to repeat them

http://www.chefsteps.com/activities/presearing-for-sous-vide

Now before you read the link I want you to put on your thinking cap

Will a pre-sear ensure that surface bacteria are killed

The only answer to that question is YES unless you believe that searing at a very high temperature won't kill bacteria but a 122 water bath will

It may not be necessary but it will in fact kill surface bacteria

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
« Reply #465 on: February 05, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »
Thread is proving to be one of the better ones early on in the year, has potential.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #466 on: February 05, 2014, 08:44:18 PM »

why should I spend money on a cooler when I have a perfectly efficient method that requires me to spend no money

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: February 05, 2014, 09:08:41 PM »
why should I spend money on a cooler when I have a perfectly efficient method that requires me to spend no money

I can't really see why your way wouldn't work? I would think any modern stove would deliver a perfectly uniform amount or heat? Unless it cycles or something?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #468 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »

I can't really see why your way wouldn't work? I would think any modern stove would deliver a perfectly uniform amount or heat? Unless it cycles or something?

just as a point of clarification, it's not "my way"

the only reason we're having this discussion is due to TA's profound self esteem issues

I don't give a shit how anyone wants to cook their steak or anything else for that matter

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:47 PM »
just as a point of clarification, it's not "my way"

the only reason we're having this discussion is due to TA's profound self esteem issues

I don't give a shit how anyone wants to cook their steak or anything else for that matter

It takes two to tango...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: February 05, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »
Strawman melting like the bitch he is.

Oh whats this I found?  Another member thanking me for the Beer Cooler method:

Today, The True Adonis Showed Me His Meat.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=432173.0

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: February 05, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »

Too many variables for failure.  For instance, the type of pot used, the gauge of thickness of the stainless if using stainless will matter and will vary in how it retains heat.  The stove is another matter altogether.  Some, even on a low setting, may be way too high of a starting point to keep a constant temperature of where you want your meat to be.  Then you also have quantity of water to deal with in relation to pot size.  Putting a steak in a smaller pot will cause enough temperature variability which would force an adjustment in temperature as it would cool the water, moreso if the pot is not of significant size.

A beer cooler eliminates all of the above.

Simple Simon

« Reply #472 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:38 PM »
the worst steak I ever had still tasted pretty good.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: February 05, 2014, 10:32:26 PM »
It takes two to tango...

He has no clue what he is doing.  Earlier in this thread, he tried to claim that people who think homosexuality is a sin is just an opinion.  I tried to tell him that people who use the bible as justification, see the bible as fact.  He shut up about it, but I think its hilarious that he tried to use that as an example. (of what, I do not rightly know)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: February 05, 2014, 10:36:51 PM »
(of what, I do not rightly know)

literal LOL

He's not stalking 333386 anymore, looks like he found a new target...  ;D