Author Topic: Flea... lip-synching the bass at Super Bowl/Bruno Mars show  (Read 4907 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Flea... lip-synching the bass at Super Bowl/Bruno Mars show
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
Anthony Kiedis vocals are clearly piped in too... zero volume change in vocals, even when he moves his head.  Did they even mic the kick drums?  lol... and Flea... at least plug in a wireless unit and PRETEND you're actually playing. 

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Re: Flea... lip-synching the bass at Super Bowl/Bruno Mars show
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:40:32 AM »
Its one of those new blue tooth guitars man  ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
Maybe now people "get it" how fake this whole show biz is

Before, they needed real talent and real instruments etc

Now, they use technology to accomplish all they need to accomplish

The so called musicians are not even bothered to perform

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »
i missed the half-time show after the sheer boredom of the first half game i lost all interest in the rest of the toe-curling spectacle. not that i'm all that fussed, mind.

anyway, i haven't the foggiest who this bruno mars fella is. american idol winner  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:43:59 AM »
Pro Bodybuilding related because the dude on the right might be masturbating next to a muscular man in a mens room.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:28:47 PM »
Maybe now people "get it" how fake this whole show biz is

Before, they needed real talent and real instruments etc

Now, they use technology to accomplish all they need to accomplish

The so called musicians are not even bothered to perform
Bring back Milli Vanilli!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:31:13 PM »
The guys in TRHCP can play, big time.

Not that I'm a fan of the music.

The singer is a class-A doink, though.

Bruno did a good job.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »
Britney Spears, Celine Dione etc... all have Vegas Shows. the last time any of them probably same a true vocal was 10 years ago.  it is all just prerecorded shit played night after night.

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 02:36:40 PM »
Bruno Mars looks a bit like a young James Brown...

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »
Fleas explanation sounds legit.......

Dear everybody,
When we were asked by the NFL and Bruno to play our song Give It Away at the Super Bowl, it was made clear to us that the vocals would be live, but the bass, drums, and guitar would be pre-recorded. I understand the NFL’s stance on this, given they only have a few minutes to set up the stage, there a zillion things that could go wrong and ruin the sound for the folks watching in the stadium and the t.v. viewers. There was not any room for argument on this, the NFL does not want to risk their show being botched by bad sound, period.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers stance on any sort of miming has been that we will absolutely not do it. The last time we did it (or tried to) was in the late 80′s, we were thrown off of ‘The Top Of the Pops’ television program in the U.K. during rehearsals because we refused to mime properly, I played bass with my shoe, John played guitar atop Anthony’s shoulders, and we basically had a wrestling match onstage, making a mockery of the idea that it was a real live performance.
We mimed on one or two weird MTV shows before that and it always was a drag. We take our music playing seriously, it is a sacred thing for us, and anyone who has ever seen us in concert (like the night before the Super Bowl at the Barclays Center), knows that we play from our heart, we improvise spontaneously, take musical risks, and sweat blood at every show. We have been on the road for 31 years doing it.
So, when this Super Bowl gig concept came up, there was a lot of confusion amongst us as whether or not we should do it, but we eventually decided, it was a surreal-like, once in a life time crazy thing to do and we would just have fun and do it. We had given this a lot of thought before agreeing to do it, and besides many a long conversation amongst ourselves, I spoke with many musician friends for whom I have the utmost respect, and they all said they would do it if asked, that it was a wild trippy thing to do, what the hell. Plus, we the RHCP all love football too and that played a big part in our decision. We decided that, with Anthony singing live, that we could still bring the spirit and freedom of what we do into the performance, and of course we played every note in the recording specially for the gig. I met and spoke with Bruno, who was a beautiful dude, a real talented musician, and we worked out something that seemed like it would be fun.
We recorded a track for the day, just banged one out from our hearts that was very like in spirit to the versions we have been playing live the last few years with our beloved Josh on guitar.
For the actual performance, Josh, Chad, and I were playing along with the pre recorded track so there was no need to plug in our guitars, so we did not. Could we have plugged them in and avoided bumming people out who have expressed disappointment that the instrumental track was pre recorded? Of course easily we could have and this would be a non-issue. We thought it better to not pretend. It seemed like the realest thing to do in the circumstance. It was like making a music video in front of a gazillion people, except with live vocals, and only one chance to rock it. Our only thought was to bring the spirit of who we are to the people.
I am grateful to the NFL for having us. And I am grateful to Bruno, who is a super talented young man for inviting us to be a part of his gig. I would do it all the same way again.
We, as a band, aspire to grow as musicians and songwriters, and to continue to play our guts out live onstage for anyone who wants to get their brains blown out.
Sincerely,

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 04:53:17 PM »
 Short version... we are getting PAID$$$$$$$$$  to play the super bowl, they made us lip sync, and any of you would do it too

;D

They could have avoided this issue by saying "What you heard is a MIX of tracks + our live sound", and just let what they're playing onstage be 1% of the mix, turned way down, so anything they play isn't heard anyway.  At least then, it would have been pretty credible that yeah, the soundman f**ked things up... etc.  Lot of "real" bands play WITH tracks live.  It's rare to just not plug your shit in.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 04:54:50 PM »
Anthony Kiedis vocals are clearly piped in too... zero volume change in vocals, even when he moves his head.  Did they even mic the kick drums?  lol... and Flea... at least plug in a wireless unit and PRETEND you're actually playing. 

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
I was done with the RHCP after "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".
T

MikMaq

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »
Fleas explanation sounds legit.......

It's blatantly obvious, dude's no slump on the bass, if he was trying to fake it he would of plugged in. This isn't some mediocre band Flea's stage setup isn't something anyone fucks up.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
If i was getting paid Chili Peppers-Money for Lip Synching/Bass-Synching, i'd do it to.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 05:27:28 PM »
Hard to see the performance past all the flag waving.  Weird.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 05:28:28 PM »
If i was getting paid Chili Peppers-Money for Lip Synching/Bass-Synching, i'd do it to.

On Super Bowl Sunday, Pop superstar Bruno Mars will be on stage in front of an audience likely to top 100 million. But he won’t make a dime for his performance.

The singer-songwriter, famous for hits like “Grenade” and “Locked Out of Heaven,” won’t receive any payment from the NFL for his 12-minute halftime show, which will also feature the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Though the league has attracted acts as varied as Beyonce, Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson to perform during its biggest game in the past, it has never paid any of them.

http://business.time.com/2014/02/02/bruno-mars-red-hot-chili-peppers-super-bowl-halftime-show/

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 05:30:02 PM »
Will Ferrell was a stud on the drums.  I don't care if flea faked it
Y

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 05:56:26 PM »
I was done with the RHCP after "Blood Sugar Sex Magik".

x100000

Felt the same with Metallica after Black.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 06:02:02 PM »
x100000

Metallica was my favorite band, but I felt the same way after Black, but feel BSSM by the Chili Peppers is a fantastic album, and I'm not going to rip on it because Under the Bridge went mainstream.
Y

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 06:21:11 PM »
Bruno Mars is a talented m0therfucker

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 06:38:32 PM »
Bruno Mars is a talented m0therfucker
he was real good,the drums in beginning was pretty neat..dude dancing like james brown was awesome...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »
x100000

x2.

I can't even listen to the black album anymore. Only pre-black album/.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 07:04:33 PM »
x2.

I can't even listen to the black album anymore. Only pre-black album/.

No kidding.  I've like one song after it - All Nightmare Long.

If I hear "hero of the day" I want to puke.

Bob Rock took away the crunch, and it was down hill after that.
Y

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:34 PM »
he was real good,the drums in beginning was pretty neat..dude dancing like james brown was awesome...

I agree

check this out

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:54 PM »