Author Topic: marijuana and bodybuilding  (Read 2043 times)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
marijuana and bodybuilding
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:08:01 PM »
these pros either look dead fucking tired or burnt out/high most of the time

phil looks like he's on amphetamine

rhoden looks smoked out

weed gives munchies = protein = excess calories = gear = reduced stress from being relaxed/high = better tolerance of drugs?

I got white rhino, og kush, and sour diesel. I have a medical card so I can legally smoke. I notice my appetite isn't so good until I blaze up and then I can eat anything, in large quantities.

alcohol is my enemy. I could drink that day and night and live off it but unfortunately its my addiction. weed I could go without but it works best. too bad that isn't my addiction eh

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: marijuana and bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
I used to read about a lot of guys who'd smoke weed before lifting.  claims it dulls the burn

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:10:45 PM »
before? you would think it would make you lazy and lift less. post workout I could see it increasing appetite and getting those 60 pieces of sushi down

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »
smoke for higher reps and achieve a good pump, but don't lift heavy.

dustin

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 05:48:24 PM »
I used to read about a lot of guys who'd smoke weed before lifting.  claims it dulls the burn

Nah, doesn't dull the burn at all. High THC strains that give you a super heady high make you kind of trip out and you can feel the burn a lot more.

I just take a few puffs right before stepping into the gym. I find I get the best mind-muscle connection this way. Too much and you get tired. Or if you smoke too far away from your workout it can get really hard to get started. You just need a little bit and it goes a long way.

bacillus

• Getbig II
  • Food, Science, Bodybuilding.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 07:08:05 PM »
scientifically proven that THC decreases insulin sensitivity.

i cant smoke due to my job security but i used to smoke all the time.. and i miss that muscle/mind connection..

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 07:10:06 PM »
dennis wolf does it bc he feels it helps recovery
n

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 08:05:42 PM »

Im about to toke couple on hash bong right now on way to "lift weights"  :D

swanzi85

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 08:16:40 PM »
Are you serious? I smoke at night to help with sleep. I'd be definitely interested in taking a puff preworkout if it really helped. I train fasted tho. Does it even matter? Just curious

Nah, doesn't dull the burn at all. High THC strains that give you a super heady high make you kind of trip out and you can feel the burn a lot more.

I just take a few puffs right before stepping into the gym. I find I get the best mind-muscle connection this way. Too much and you get tired. Or if you smoke too far away from your workout it can get really hard to get started. You just need a little bit and it goes a long way.

dustin

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 08:19:40 PM »
scientifically proven that THC decreases insulin sensitivity.

i cant smoke due to my job security but i used to smoke all the time.. and i miss that muscle/mind connection..

Don't you mean decreases insulin resistance?

Are you serious? I smoke at night to help with sleep. I'd be definitely interested in taking a puff preworkout if it really helped. I train fasted tho. Does it even matter? Just curious

Yep, I train fasted too, my man. It does cause you to feel pretty weak and could make you go hypo depending on how you handle fasted workouts. I find that once the blood is flowing that I'm fine. I actually can't work out if I've eaten in the last 8 hours or so. I feel way too bogged down.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Def intensifies the mind-muscle connection with me too. Have crazy intense workouts if I take couple hits. Not something I do on the regular but kicks the workout up here and there. BUT! Ruins cardio. It will feel like I've been on the treadmill an hour and I look down and it's been 7minutes LoL

dustin

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:44 PM »
Def intensifies the mind-muscle connection with me too. Have crazy intense workouts if I take couple hits. Not something I do on the regular but kicks the workout up here and there. BUT! Ruins cardio. It will feel like I've been on the treadmill an hour and I look down and it's been 7minutes LoL

I do cardio as soon as I get in the gym. Puff, walk in gym and straight to the stepper. It feels like death and an eternity until around the 10 minute mark and the blood is circulating. After that it's a breeze and I can't wait to smash the weights.

swanzi85

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »
Right on thanks man. Just did an 18 hour fast with 2 workouts,one back and shoulder and the other a rushfit home workout, on my day off. Aminos and crearine and im all good. So should be good. Imma try it on a small body part soon. ;D

I do cardio as soon as I get in the gym. Puff, walk in gym and straight to the stepper. It feels like death and an eternity until around the 10 minute mark and the blood is circulating. After that it's a breeze and I can't wait to smash the weights.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2014, 08:46:11 PM »
Damn, that's comedy! I always say that when I lift stoned, "smashing weights!"

dustin

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2014, 08:48:39 PM »
Right on thanks man. Just did an 18 hour fast with 2 workouts,one back and shoulder and the other a rushfit home workout, on my day off. Aminos and crearine and im all good. So should be good. Imma try it on a small body part soon. ;D

Have fun, man. I worried about everything from pumps to energy levels and I'm fine. Now if I eat too close to a workout I totally feel bogged down. I either workout fasted or not at all.

If you feel really bagged then just do a good pump workout. Either full body and just warm up weights and big sets, or do the muscle you intended to workout and get a good pump and stretch.

Damn, that's comedy! I always say that when I lift stoned, "smashing weights!"

;D

bacillus

• Getbig II
  • Food, Science, Bodybuilding.
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 08:49:05 PM »
Don't you mean decreases insulin resistance?

Yep, I train fasted too, my man. It does cause you to feel pretty weak and could make you go hypo depending on how you handle fasted workouts. I find that once the blood is flowing that I'm fine. I actually can't work out if I've eaten in the last 8 hours or so. I feel way too bogged down.

yes.. stop picking on me jerk.  :-*

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 05:01:16 AM »
i smoke and it doesnt hurt my gains... marijuana is the best drug a bodybuilder can take... forget about alcohol,coke and other stuff.. just smoke some and u will be ok.. of course if u diet u have to watch out...

from my own experience marijuana before hittin the weight doesnt hurt me it actually motivates me more and i dont sweat.. the strenght stays the same.. i can still train heavy.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2014, 08:21:54 AM »
i usually take a nice toke off a joint n then go train, if i smoke anymore than that i tend to feel  burnt out towards middle of workout. i just smoke enough n it does the trick, as far as munchies n stuff it doesnt make me real hungry, i just drink tons of crystal light when i feel munchies comin on, compared to the other shit i was doing before training smoking weed is a blessing for me, i quit everything except weed n alittle TRT to keep my old ass going
R

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2014, 08:36:02 AM »
i rather pop some pills

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2014, 08:42:01 AM »
i used to snort 5 bags of dope before i trained,snort another 3 bags in middle of workout,then go hme n snort the rest of the bundle before i showered, i highly dont recommend it tho cause them opiates can becomming habit forming n before u know it u cant train if u dont have any,its a bad habit
R

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »

Yeah agree with this 100%. Just the right amount and you can really get in sync with the mind muscle connection. Makes me more patient as well so I will work out longer, do more reps, etc.

Too much weed however and I can't be bothered to train at all.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »
Blazers.