Author Topic: What pros should not be pros ?  (Read 5213 times)

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
What pros should not be pros ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:20:44 AM »
What pros do you guys think should not have a card ?

I say Greg Kovacs

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: What pros should not be pros ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 07:44:15 AM »
I agree w/Kovacs. I also think Jocelyn Pelletier & Heiko shouldn't have their pro cards either.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:44:53 AM »
Add Kenny Jones to that list also.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:56:13 AM »
What about Fransworth ( think thats how ya spell it )

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 08:11:17 AM »

What hoes should not be hoes

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 08:59:26 AM »
Usually amatuers will enter a national qualifier and compete against the best of the best there and then whoever wins that class will compete in a National contest to get that pro card. Whoever wins that days in that respective class or the overall will win a pro card...

What I am trying to say is that person or persons may have been the best that day against their peers and deserving to win that pro card.

To say that these men dont deserve their pro cards is a slap on the face to them that worked their butts off. The way they came in shape on that day of the contest made them earn their pro cards....they may not have had the prettiest physiques but they were among the best of the best that day....

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 09:04:55 AM »
Palumbo
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 09:07:24 AM »
Polumbo is not a pro....yet....

I dont think they will ever give him his pro card because of his genetic structure...his physique isnt pleasing to the eye..its not aethetical

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 09:13:49 AM »
well said. How someone turns out as a pro and the time the deserved to turn pro are not alway the same. kudos to anyone who completes the vicious journey to a procard and gets it. it is a path that leaves broken dreams and bodies in its ditches. haterade is an unique drink. once said to me about hating, watch what you wish on someone else as it could come to pass on yourself. i wish the best to all competitors, because as BB'rs (regardless of levels, genetics, gear or not) we all give everything financially, physiqually, emotionally to attempt to make our physique just a little bit better. I believe to endure the diet and training and get your ass on a stage to be critiqued or judged by others is something within itself. More importantly people who just talk shit about people are usually the guys that juice and yell in the gym and walk around swoll talking big shit and never get on a stage themselves. why? they are so insecure to expose their flaws and physiques and face critcisms from their peers especially since they talk shit about everyone else, even those who normally wouldnt talk junk would devour them. just my two cents. everyone sees things differently. "If you must critique; you must compete."

D

Usually amatuers will enter a national qualifier and compete against the best of the best there and then whoever wins that class will compete in a National contest to get that pro card. Whoever wins that days in that respective class or the overall will win a pro card...

What I am trying to say is that person or persons may have been the best that day against their peers and deserving to win that pro card.

To say that these men dont deserve their pro cards is a slap on the face to them that worked their butts off. The way they came in shape on that day of the contest made them earn their pro cards....they may not have had the prettiest physiques but they were among the best of the best that day....
Gonna Beat Em'

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 09:21:33 AM »
Thanks for the FYI bro

I cant believe PaDumbo is not a pro...omg

Polumbo is not a pro....yet....

I dont think they will ever give him his pro card because of his genetic structure...his physique isnt pleasing to the eye..its not aethetical
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 09:54:46 AM »
Palumbo has the mass and conditioning...he is a FREAK in every sense of the word but his physique isnt pretty at all. I am not trying to take anything away from Palumbo but he has structural flaws such as a big torso and his chest isnt really all that great.

But he is making due to what he was born with for his own genetic potential.

What he should do is enter some pro qualifier that is not well known ...perhaps in another country against guys he knows he will dominate because of his sheer mass...I believe Bruce Patterson (Canadian pro) did an amatuer contest where he competed against guys that he literally dwarfed who did not look at all like pro material. It was like boys competing against a grown man when he competed at this show and got his pro card...it was no contest... I think this is what Dave Palumbo needs to do to get his pro card....enter a pro qulaifying show in a different country where he is competing against mediocre physiques......that way....people will say, there is no way he should not have won that contest where he made others look like little boys .......that would be like a Hummer competing against a jeep..the Hummer  will win in a class all its own...

Aside from Chick who got his pro card after years and years of competing...I think Dave palumbo is one of the athletes who competed all these years  who has always failed to receive his pro card...he never gave up and competes year after year for this dream....that in itself is commendable but also time and money consuming....

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 09:57:39 AM »
Palumbo has the mass and conditioning...he is a FREAK in every sense of the word but his physique isnt pretty at all. I am not trying to take anything away from Palumbo but he has structural flaws such as a big torso and his chest isnt really all that great.

But he is making due to what he was born with for his own genetic potential.

What he should do is enter some pro qualifier that is not well known ...perhaps in another country against guys he knows he will dominate because of his sheer mass...I believe Bruce Patterson (Canadian pro) did an amatuer contest where he competed against guys that he literally dwarfed who did not look at all like pro material. It was like boys againast a man when he competed at this show and got his pro card. I think this is what Dave Palumbo needs to do to get his pro card....

Aside from Chick who got his pro card after years and years of competing...I think Dave palumbo is one of the athletes who competed all these years  who has always failed to receive his pro card...he never gave up and competes year after year for this dream....that in itself is commendable but also time and money consuming....

ya I agree

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 10:07:52 AM »
i hear Will Harris only got his card because of the amount of time he had been an amateur, apparently he was nowhere near winning his card when he got it. Anyone confirm this?
Scouser on Tour

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2006, 11:29:21 AM »
I don't know he looks huge in the off season but come contest time he looks skinny

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2006, 12:35:12 PM »
George Farah and Kenny Jones

Farah placed 12th at the Olympia  ::)  WTF are u talking about???

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2006, 12:59:38 PM »
What about Fransworth ( think thats how ya spell it )
Farnsworth is the real deal.  He put in his time, worked his way up, married a hot Australian woman, and then earned his pro card. 

When you look at his contest-ready physique, the man is *definitely* a professional bodybuilder. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2006, 01:08:33 PM »
someone give poor plumbo a card..
carpe` vaginum!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »
I think a "pro" should have to requalify.  Nothing too stringent, just place in the Top 15 of any sanctioned show within 3 years to retain your pro standing. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2006, 03:03:39 PM »
Farah got a gift at the O
Scouser on Tour

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2006, 03:05:03 PM »
Add Kenny Jones to that list also.

Lil' Sculpter,

How do we get Kenny Jones out of the mix?

I don't know how he got in, but how the hell do we get him out?   >:(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2006, 07:33:55 AM »
I wonder if now that he is out of the can will he compete agian and try to get his card

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2006, 07:54:21 AM »

It's either that or have his ultimate death on your hands.  Dave will literally kill himself in order to get that elusive pro card.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 07:55:03 AM »
Lil' Sculpter,

How do we get Kenny Jones out of the mix?

I don't know how he got in, but how the hell do we get him out?   >:(

DIV

You just need someone like Kenny to keep bodybuilding REAL :D!

Lisa

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 08:09:27 AM »
Matt Devall

if we knew he was punking out only after 1 show!!!!!
Giving 110%

paparazzi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Charles Stingray Arde

After prostituting himself "in the name of his dear mom" with all his jack-off videos with gay-oriented MuscleHunks and then getting away with it all with a Pro Card and now pretending to be now straight, so angelic and "clean" without a trace!

Boy! What a hypocrite if you ask me!  :-X