Author Topic: New MD Cover - Team MD Rock'in The Arnold  (Read 10966 times)

Havenbull

• Getbig IV
  • Damn it
Re: New MD Cover - Team MD Rock'in The Arnold
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2006, 07:42:52 PM »
LMAO... so Belchman will post a cover here... and we're only allowed to give POSITIVE feedback?

So if someone posts a Kamali pic, we can't criticize him unless we have pro cards?

And if we agree or disagree with the war in Iraq, we can't say it until we are elected President?

And if we don't enjoy receiving anal sex, we can't say so unless our name is dknole?

Come on, dude...

dknole = owned

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2006, 10:04:49 PM »
yes steve MD M ;)ag is the best period no bull shit in it i love to read the articles and now the dream team in that cover kicks ass ... yo lee this assholes would never be happy what ever way u try to do things soooo... f***k them all..cheers!!!

Cara from MD

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2006, 04:04:55 PM »
We look for honest feedback about the cover so we pay attention to positive and negative responses. 

Thanks for the dialogue.

--Cara from MD
AKA "Wendy Testaburger"

nestor

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2006, 06:09:30 PM »
Cara almost there is no way u'll get good props here most people are idiots with no brains ask Lee or Shawn or almost any other pro in the boards.... the mag is kick ass ...period. 8)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2006, 06:20:42 PM »
Cara almost there is no way u'll get good props here most people are idiots with no brains ask Lee or Shawn or almost any other pro in the boards.... the mag is kick ass ...period. 8)

hey retart we were asked now go fuck yerself

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
Good Cover, good mag.  Keep all the writers, no need to add morons whose claim to fame is internet postings.  I'd rather see half the mag be articles by valentinoil, at least he's funny.

Good luck this year Lee, keep up the good work MD, although a few less adds would be nice, but that can't happen

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2006, 07:06:34 PM »

I am not sure comments like "the mag is kickass...period" really help them to improve things.

Rather, when getbig members mention that the cover is too cluttered, that helps them.  When we comment that 10 guys in thongs is a little weird on a cover (maybe it's easier buying a mag with one person on the cover from a good looking female cashier lol), that might help them also.  Perhaps the generic catch phrases should be more specific.  "Get ripped!" on 6 of 12 covers gets kinda repetitive.  Maybe write that scientific material in a slightly more entertaining manner, and stop restating the obvious.  Talk about the future more... explore the personalities more. 

Don't bash internet boards.  Six months ago, John Romano could have come out and said "The boards, while a bit rambunctious and sometimes uncouth, provide a wealth of new insight and perspective. MD welcomes their presence as a way to grow the Bbing community and following worldwide".  Instead, he insulted the boards, and in particular, the guy making "animated slideshows and fake webpages".   He legitimized the boards by treating them as a competitor, and the negative backlash that MD has experienced is obvious here.  He even went as far as to ask pro athletes to confirm his feelings on the boards.  Why would an athlete WANT to take a stand on something like this? Alienate a % of their fan base, for what purpose? 

You need some new blood in your ranks, MD.  You have athletes and schmoes writing columns.  Anyone that writes for your mag is one of those two. Surely there are others out there that could re-energize your semi-loyal fanbase. 

That's all off the top of my head. 

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2006, 01:40:13 AM »
John is a guy that’s been around the block, people know him, some respect him you are a person that no pro would do an interview W/ or any reader would take you seriously.
Most of all your post travel on a tangent, you sound serious and have knowledge in the area then you go off on a tangent elsewhere... I'm not disallowing that you don't get paid to write what you write on here but making the previous statements you need to realize that people remember "statements, actions, ect..." therefore cannot take you seriously even if it becomes an editorial job....

Do you see what I'm getting @?

No disrespect to you as a person but I just wanted 2 call out how your statements came to be understood. (to me @ least.)

John? John who? John Basedow?

HAHA, RON.....

robocop

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2006, 01:49:32 AM »
MD is proud of our all-star lineup, who are competing at this year's Arnold Classic, and in their honor we are featuring them on the cover this month.

We also wish best of luck to all the other competitors at the Arnold Classic.  The Arnold Classic is truly a classic!  Jim Lorimer and Arnold continue to make it more spectacular each year. 

but the guys are not classic

LeePriestLover

• Getbig II
  • ---LPL---
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:07 PM »
Lee, when I take over MD, there will be no more brown-nosing the boss. You can be yourself.

So in other words, unlike yourself, he wont stick his nose up his bosses ass?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2006, 12:54:43 PM »
So in other words, unlike yourself, he wont stick his nose up his bosses ass?

I work from home.  So the only boss is my need for food and sleep. I listen when they speak.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2006, 01:35:28 PM »
actually the cover is too busy and incomplete.
it's cheap like all the figures are pasted from old pics
and i dont like the placement of the torso's
the figures are too glossy and appear greasy.
i regret to tell you this cover sucks

Ditto.  Though I welcome mixing things up; covers should not be static and predictable.  The good news is when you make a bad cover (like this one) you can always fix it next month.

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2006, 01:45:38 PM »
md really does smash its competition...( flex...muscle and fitness...).

great magazine steve.

but enough with all those damn ads in it...i mean, the magazine already costs like 8 bucks...that should be enough profit.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Crusher

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2006, 06:16:06 AM »
I am not sure comments like "the mag is kickass...period" really help them to improve things.

Rather, when getbig members mention that the cover is too cluttered, that helps them.  When we comment that 10 guys in thongs is a little weird on a cover (maybe it's easier buying a mag with one person on the cover from a good looking female cashier lol), that might help them also.  Perhaps the generic catch phrases should be more specific.  "Get ripped!" on 6 of 12 covers gets kinda repetitive.  Maybe write that scientific material in a slightly more entertaining manner, and stop restating the obvious.  Talk about the future more... explore the personalities more. 

Don't bash internet boards.  Six months ago, John Romano could have come out and said "The boards, while a bit rambunctious and sometimes uncouth, provide a wealth of new insight and perspective. MD welcomes their presence as a way to grow the Bbing community and following worldwide".  Instead, he insulted the boards, and in particular, the guy making "animated slideshows and fake webpages".   He legitimized the boards by treating them as a competitor, and the negative backlash that MD has experienced is obvious here.  He even went as far as to ask pro athletes to confirm his feelings on the boards.  Why would an athlete WANT to take a stand on something like this? Alienate a % of their fan base, for what purpose? 

You need some new blood in your ranks, MD.  You have athletes and schmoes writing columns.  Anyone that writes for your mag is one of those two. Surely there are others out there that could re-energize your semi-loyal fanbase. 

That's all off the top of my head. 

You should put the top of your head back on because you're an idiot.  Romano never said those things.  What he said was that hateful retards like you use the boards to anonymously bash others for no other reason than their own entertainment.  I remember his article and it had nothing to do with your so called constructive comments.  You, with over 10,000 posts behind you, have proven yourself to be a complete hateful moreon with way too much time on his hands. Instead of sitting on your ass, getting smaller by the day, why don't you submit your resume to MD?  Why not try and use your talent for something other than this club you think you own? You think you have the answers?  Go try selling them to Blechman.  Around here you're a fvcking nuisance and everyone hates you.

White Bread

• Getbig I
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2006, 08:06:41 AM »
Hey Guys, Im new here at Get Big. I read posts from time to time. I dont spend countless hours posting like some do like its there living. But I have one question: Why all the hostility? Man, if this much energy was put towards fighting terrorism, we would be much better off. See you around....once in a while. WB

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2006, 10:45:52 AM »
Hey Guys, Im new here at Get Big. I read posts from time to time. I dont spend countless hours posting like some do like its there living. But I have one question: Why all the hostility? Man, if this much energy was put towards fighting terrorism, we would be much better off. See you around....once in a while. WB

yeah right  lol

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
Oh how the World has changed. :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 08:45:16 PM »
Sucks

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »
looks great steve
thanks for the update
w

The GodFather

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
looks great steve
thanks for the update
                    LOL you Funny Fuk ;D

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 08:55:11 PM »
Steve Blechman.
No doubt about it...

Purge_WTF

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 11:01:44 PM »
That's actually a pretty cool cover, Mr B.

Now fire that Romano guy and things will improve further.

Can I get an "amen" for 240?

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
Why doesn't Steve come post his latest cover's here anymore.
Hey we have money.
Promote your product,
Interact with us, the Fans. :D

We demand an avenue of communication with you.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »
Steve I bet you couldn't wait to make the pages stick together on that issue huh boss?

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: December 16, 2008, 04:20:47 AM »
is that chris cook in the middle? didnt he join MMA? ::)