Author Topic: Recommend me a horror movie quickly, need something to watch.  (Read 5763 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: Recommend me a horror movie quickly, need something to watch.
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2014, 02:52:30 PM »
if you haven't seen it, then STAKE LAND is well worth a watch. unlike the EVIL DEAD remake.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »
Dude,I see you like Italian and 80`s horror.....great stuff,I own a ton of Italian horrors and giallo flicks.

Yeah, probably 80% of the horror films I dig are between 1970 - 1980 or so. I won't say every film is perfect, but there is a grittyness to that stuff that isn't quite matched today.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2014, 03:09:02 PM »
I agree,lots of grittiness and gore!!

The campy aspect is good too,though it`s corny at times,it lends a certain charm to some of the films.

no homo

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
Watch the new 'evil dead'

Make sure u burn one down before/during
Once watched "Brain dead" on LSD.
Wild night.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2014, 03:25:24 PM »
Once watched "Brain dead" on LSD.
Wild night.

I did LSD every single day my Freshman year in college in 1975. I listened to Lou Reed and watched Clockwork Orange.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »
freaky bastard of a film

That it is.  Superbly done and of course, one of my all time favorite films regardless of genre.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2014, 10:11:12 AM »
Downloading "The Banshee Chapter" and "Black Water Vampire" now...

Another horror fest day... Watched 4 horror flicks yesterday... "The Devils Business" was decent...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 10:11:21 AM »
'mama','sinister'

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2014, 10:14:46 AM »
'mama','sinister'

enjoyed both films, especially sinister despite the bad stick it got.
The ending of mama was sad.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2014, 03:46:37 PM »
Have any of you guys watched American Horror Story on TV ?  I watched series 1, murder house over the past week and it was ok to start out then became a bit bland. Liked the tarty maid in the suspenders tho.

Started watching series 2 , the Asylum tonight. First episode was fairly creepy especially with the fucking singing nun playing in the background. I can actually remember that song being in the charts around Christmas 1964 when the Asylum is set.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2014, 04:03:16 PM »
Bored as fuck, so recommend me a horror movie that I have not seen before. Here is a pic to jerk off to for your troubles.

Paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren work to help a family terrorized by a dark presence in their farmhouse.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1457767/

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 04:05:55 PM »
A Serbian Film.

Evil movie.... the pedo shit goes too far.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2014, 06:00:47 PM »
my wife said the same thing about 'mama'sad ending ,,i guess we have a 4 yr old girl and 8 yr old which the older one was...

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:41 PM »
"You're Next" is new at the video store and pretty damn freaky. No monsters just a murder movie with a messed up twist, but will leave you going that is fucked up!!!

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »
Dawn of the Dead (1978)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2014, 08:09:50 PM »

And what the fuck is going on with her buttock, is the implant moving around or something?
O

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2014, 10:10:48 PM »
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/04/exclusive-go-behind-the-scenes-of-action-horror-film-afflicted/

EXCLUSIVE: Go Behind the Scenes of Action Horror Film AFFLICTED

Nerdist has an exclusive first look at the behind-the-scenes featurette for the acclaimed new action horror film Afflicted. The film, written, directed and starring Derek Lee and Cliff Prowse, cleaned up on the festival circuit last year winning Best Picture (Horror), Best Screenplay (Horror), Best Director (Horror) at Fantastic Fest as well as Best Canadian First Feature Film at Toronto International Film Festival.

Shot on a budget of under $300,000, Afflicted had big ambitions, as Prowse mentions in the video, saying, “We knew we wanted to do something cool, it was going to be genre and it was going to be for an amount of money that we could raise ourselves.“ From the looks of the footage, visually, the film succeeds. The running gag is awesome and the practical body horror effects look disgusting in all the best ways.

Have a look at the exclusive behind-the-scenes featurette for Afflicted below! The film is in select theaters now and is available on iTunes, Amazon and VOD.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2014, 05:42:18 AM »
The Terminal Man.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:31 AM »
Simply go visit your local mall.

Excerpts from a book I am reading:

As I watch the hordes of hideous brain dead zombies shuffling across the apocalyptic landscape seeking to satiate their basest cravings I can’t help but see the parallels with the millions of mindless tattooed obese slobs waddling across mall parking lots past vacant store fronts staring zombielike at their iGadgets as they seek to satisfy their basest desires at Macy’s and Chipotle. A virus has overspread our country causing a vast swath of the population to gratuitously assuage their every want without thinking of the consequences. The sickness is caused by being imprisoned for twelve years in government run public schools, watching thousands of hours of propaganda emitted by the corporate media, viewing hundreds of brain cell destroying reality TV shows, reading and sending thousands of texts and tweets, and being overwhelmed by the delusional belief spending more than they make, saving nothing, and piling up mountains of debt is the path to success in our contaminated society.

In the show there is no clear explanation as to why the majority of the population have been infected and turned into zombies, while a tiny minority is unaffected and able to think critically and act rationally. It is revealed that all living people are infected with the zombie virus, but it remains dormant in a minority of the survivors. Death by any means triggers the virus and turns the corpse into a mindless flesh eating zombie. There are 318 million Americans and a majority of them fall into the category of zombies in my estimation. Every American has the zombie virus within them. It has been incubated by corrupt vote seeking politicians, control hungry government sociopaths, mind numbingly worthless public education, and the relentless dumbing down through corporate media propaganda and vacuous reality TV entertainment. Once cogent thinking aware citizens have been zombiefied into mindless impulsive consumers.

How can you not see the parallels between American society and the zombies in the Walking Dead? Walk down any city street in America and you see hordes shuffling along staring with blank faces and glazed over eyes at their iGadgets. Black Friday is identical to flinging a freshly slaughtered hog in front of the flesh eating zombies. Americans flock to malls across our apocalyptic suburban sprawl landscape and proceed to stampede, gouge, and punch their way to a fantastic bargain on a Chinese slave labor produced microwave they must have to cook their toxic frankenfood created by one of our corporate food conglomerates. The Black Friday crowds actually make the zombies from the Walking Dead seem well behaved. While the American zombies are shambling through superficial lives of pleasure seeking, mass consumption, and a delusional faith in debt based wealth, there is still a minority of rational thinking people who can control their impulses and resist the disease devouring our culture.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2014, 06:02:18 AM »

personally. i'd have said the ending was 'ridiculous'. and that cgi ghost  ::)

what was 'sad', was that it was a fairl decent film (for the most part) utterly ruined by cgi that even 'the asylum' would scoff and laugh at.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2014, 01:01:46 PM »
personally. i'd have said the ending was 'ridiculous'. and that cgi ghost  ::)

what was 'sad', was that it was a fairl decent film (for the most part) utterly ruined by cgi that even 'the asylum' would scoff and laugh at.

its just pretty sad to see death of a little girl, have a 4 year old daughter and never gave these things a second thought beforehand.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2014, 02:34:57 PM »
The Innocents.

Creepy, old, ghost story.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
The Cube