Author Topic: Steroid use rife in Australian gyms, needle disposal bins installed.  (Read 5136 times)

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
"Gyms install needle disposal bins to cater for members who inject steroids before workouts"

STEROID use has become so rife in Australia that some gyms are installing needle ­disposal bins to cater for members who inject muscle-building drugs before they work out. And experts say steroid users have now overtaken heroin addicts as the main clientele at some needle-exchange sites in NSW and Queensland.

Customs seizures of performance and image-enhancing drugs (PIEDs) have blown out from 1820 in 2007-2008 to 10,358 last financial year - an increase of 570 per cent in just five years.

The burgeoning use of PIEDs and their psychological side-effects - including a form of aggression commonly known as roid-rage - came to the fore once again last month after gym junkie Shaun McNeil allegedly fatally coward-punched teenager Daniel Christie in Sydney's Kings Cross. The Australian Crime Commission yesterday said the problem was widespread throughout the community.

"Users of PIEDs include members of specific occupations such as security providers, military and law enforcement personnel, as well as amateur, semi-professional and elite athletes," acting ­operations executive director Richard Grant said.

"PIEDs are also being used by members of the community seeking to enhance their ­physique or lose weight."
Ryan Stewart, a personal trainer at Sydney's F45 fitness centre, said few of the steroid users he had encountered at other gyms ever contemplated the side-effects, which range from liver damage to increased likelihood of cancer.

"They're trying to jump the gun - they haven't put in the years it takes to get strength to its peak," he said.

"But they haven't done the research about what steroids can do to you long term."

At least one outlet of major gym franchise Anytime Fitness has erected signs telling members that while it does not promote the use of "sharps", needle dispensers have been installed "purely for the safety of our staff and members".

Anytime Fitness Australia general manager Jeannie Nove said the company did not condone the use of PIEDs and had programs in place to ­encourage a healthy lifestyle.

"We're concerned about the reported increase in performance and image-enhancing drug use in the community, however the culture in our clubs is to actively encourage a healthy lifestyle through good diet and exercise," she said. "Despite our efforts, some members may take a different approach to achieve results."

Peak health and fitness industry organisation Fitness Australia said its members were expected to "always act within the law to ensure the health and safety of their clients".

A NSW Police State Crime Command spokesman said virtually all steroids seized by police were either illegally imported or stolen from pharmacies and veterinary surgeries.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/gyms-install-needle-disposal-bins-to-cater-for-members-who-inject-steroids-before-workouts/story-fni0cx12-1226821052990

Nomad

• Getbig IV
Re: Steroid use rife in Australian gyms, needle disposal bins installed.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:55:32 PM »
Blame zyzz
all drugs - TPPIIP

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »
Blame zyzz

Syringe disposal unit installed in sauna

Costanza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 04:00:35 PM »
Blame zyzz

Spot on actually, dude started the whole 'aesthetic' revolution with young punks everywhere.

Syringe disposal unit installed in sauna

lol

dustin

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 04:01:12 PM »
That's pretty sad. Inject that shit at home and practice sterile technique, dumbasses. If they're pinning in a dirty gym and tossing their rigs they deserve an infection.

Costanza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 04:03:07 PM »
That's pretty sad. Inject that shit at home and practice sterile technique, dumbasses. If they're pinning in a dirty gym and tossing their rigs they deserve an infection.

Agreed.

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 04:05:36 PM »
  some gyms are installing needle ­disposal bins   

I hope they mount the bins low enough for Lee Priest to reach them

Costanza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 04:17:46 PM »

;D

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
Wouldn't you miss the anabolic window tho? ;D

dustin

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 04:57:43 PM »
Wouldn't you miss the anabolic window tho? ;D

I'll need to consult the latest 6-page Muscletech spread in whatever shit magazines are still in operation and then I'll get back to you! 8)

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »
Only people who are total noobs or people who use test suspension would inject at the gym

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 05:44:06 PM »
Only people who are total noobs or people who use test suspension would inject at the gym

Even test suspension can't be justified injecting at the gym.  I don't get these people sometime.  Must be the "anabolic window" bullshit. 

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »
Even test suspension can't be justified injecting at the gym.  I don't get these people sometime.  Must be the "anabolic window" bullshit. 

Hiding it from their parents?   

dustin

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »

Bingo!!!!

Costanza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 06:12:18 PM »

Spot on. These kids might get kicked out of home if they get busted by mom and dad.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2014, 09:28:09 PM »

Ah c'mon I remember one time a garbage bag full of roids was being carried Round the gym being dispensed to buyers who lined up for their turn in either the male OR female toilets

Now that's dedication!

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
Heard their gear is expensive too. Those UGLs there are making a killing.

Probably cheaper to go thailand for a vacation and do a cycle there.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
i dont know why guys use steroids.

you can get the same results with 500 g protein, the right OTC supplements, and proper nutrient timing. 

I try to explain this to big guys I see who are obviously using steroids, but many of them won't see it.

dustin

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 09:42:18 PM »
i dont know why guys use steroids.

you can get the same results with 500 g protein, the right OTC supplements, and proper nutrient timing. 

I try to explain this to big guys I see who are obviously using steroids, but many of them won't see it.

Hahahaha that's comedy!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 09:43:21 PM »

:P

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 09:57:44 PM »
or place a 4 foot Stoll next to the bins lololol ;D
$

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 08:12:35 AM »

True story. I can understanding shooting slin pre workout at the gym but shooting test or deca? lolz. noobs

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2014, 09:56:10 AM »

This X 1000. 

I train at a foo-foo country club gym with a locker room that's pretty clean (Lifetime Fitness in Raleigh, NC) and I wouldn't even walk barefoot in that place.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2014, 10:15:45 AM »
The fact that heroin use is being outnumbered by steroid use actually makes me happy for some stupid reason.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 10:22:17 AM »
Apparently NSW just upped their roid laws making them TEN times harsher as a reaction to this. Since they can't publicly blame drunk abos for most of the street violence they decided to pin it on steroid users and passed laws Joe Biden would be proud of to scapegoat "roid ragers" for the attacks ... instead of their gentle peace loving native folks.