Author Topic: NFL Prospect says he's gay  (Read 6346 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
NFL Prospect says he's gay
« on: February 09, 2014, 07:27:42 PM »
Yesterday, Michael Sam was known principally as a fierce and ferocious 260-pound Missouri defensive end, the 2013 SEC Defensive Player of the Year and a potential high-round pick in May's NFL draft. From the draftnik's notebooks: He holds the point of attack. He has a good motor. He can play 4-3 or 3-4. True, Sam played unremarkably at the Senior Bowl last month, but he was stationed for the first time at outside linebacker. His maturity -- he's already 24 -- and work ethic reside on the extreme edge of the bell curve.
Yet for all he accomplished in four years at Columbia, today Sam became known as something else, something unique in the history of football: an openly gay player on the cusp of his career. Regardless of his 40 time or his performance in the three-cone drill or his Wonderlic score, Sam is now the most intriguing prospect in the NFL. In an act that is at once courageous, unprecedented and postmodern, he has asserted that he is gay. "I'm Michael Sam. I'm a football player and I'm gay," he told The New York Times.
A year ago, NFL teams were rightfully criticized for asking potential draft picks questions on the order of "Do you have a girlfriend?" This year, Sam will save them the trouble of having to ask.
If Jason Collins demolished one barrier last year -- declaring that he was gay within days of finishing his 12th NBA season -- Sam laid ruin to another by coming out before the draft. Where Collins is a Stanford grad from Los Angeles, Sam is more than a decade younger and hails from Hitchcock, Texas (pop. 7,200). And unlike Collins -- who surprised his twin brother with his revelation -- Sam's sexuality was not a closely guarded secret at Missouri. Sam says he came out to his Missouri teammates last August. Coaches and classmates also knew he was gay well before today. Multiple sources have told SI that Sam strongly considered making an announcement late last summer and was willing to play his senior season as an openly homosexual athlete. (He decided against it at the last minute.)

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20140209/michael-sam-missouri-tigers/#ixzz2st024B6D

Good for him.  I bet he'll do amazing with endorsements

BAST

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Ask Ronald to let me back in please. i am banned.
Re: NFL Prospect says he's gay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »

I bet he'll do amazing with endorsements

I bet he won't

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:36:01 PM »
aids is approaching him fast
real men= no rubbers

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 07:47:43 PM »
From 1st round to 3rd in one short sentence.

TheShape

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
Who cares?

TimBryce

• Getbig II
  • ceo
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »
Solid hairline

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 07:59:37 PM »
Who cares?

Exactly.  Why is this news and why do we need to know about this?  Soon, people will need to announce that they're straight.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 08:02:59 PM »
Solid hairline

This. It's starting to muscle-in on his eyebrows.
O

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 08:07:53 PM »
Exactly.  Why is this news and why do we need to know about this?  Soon, people will need to announce that they're straight.

If you did proclaim your straightness proudly you would be labeled a homophobe. I can see this getting ugly if any slight thing does not go to this fellas liking he will attribute it to his gayness and other people lack of acceptance / discrimination

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2014, 09:44:47 PM »
Hails from "Hitchcock, TX"....nothing to see here.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 10:54:12 PM »
Good to see a Wayans Brother in the NFL

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 12:22:39 AM »
It's news because the left makes it news. If he came out as a bible thumping Christian, he would get screwed, like Tebow. Now he will be a hero. Backasswards left-wing loons.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 12:44:32 AM »
Solid hairline

ahalo melting down hard at home
T

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:49 AM »
It's news because the left makes it news. If he came out as a bible thumping Christian, he would get screwed, like Tebow. Now he will be a hero. Backasswards left-wing loons.

People LOVE Tebow.  He has the courage to stand up for what he believes, and he was really a great leader.

Dude just can't throw a ball accurately 30 yards consistently.  He just can't.  That's why he gets the hate, at least as far as I'm concerned.  I wish more players with more points of view & beliefs would share it, even it I don't agree/identify with it, because there are going to be fans that feel that way, that can learn from it. 

Now, if this dude sucks in the NFL, if he is continually pancaked and burned on the field and can't play the position, any hatred toward him should be "he's not good enough" probably because he's undersized- and not hate because of his orientation. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2014, 04:26:53 AM »
The MSM eats this stuff up.  Now it's "cool" to be gay.  Seems like there are more gays that ever now.  

Since gays are only 1-2% of the general population, the amount of media attention they get is ridiculous.  

Media/government loves to divide and conquer everyone using sex, religion, politics, race and social class warfare.  All this provides diversion and distraction from much more important issues.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2014, 04:31:40 AM »

you picked the wrong example, Tebow makes tons of money from endorsements and from being "famous". Even though in the NFL his claim to fame is winning 4 games and running with a shirt off in Jets training camp.

I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2014, 04:34:02 AM »

this is what I am talking about with the gay Agenda. He is being labeled as brave and heroic for saying that he prefers to sleep with men.

why should what he does in the bedroom matter when it comes to him playing football.

I

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2014, 05:06:59 AM »
I doubt he's that defensive of his end.......if you know what I mean.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2014, 05:11:46 AM »
Oh brother hairline says it all. Obviously has a terrible rear defence record, and will most likely be sponsored by Vince Goodrum sports technologies  ::)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
Some of these down low brothas already in the NFL gonna be tapping that ass on the side once the season kicks off.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2014, 06:05:01 AM »
I heard that Roger Goodell has an openly gay younger brother.

This sam kid is smart. He will be a made man in the NFL. Goodell and the NFL pr machine will love the attention this brings.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2014, 06:23:45 AM »
I don't think he's that gay,  he just wants to make history in the NFL,Special treatment,awards,recognition,white house invitations,and yes sponsors willing to do anything no matter how mediocre,good or bad  he is as a  player in order to push his image as a "breakthrough athlete"

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2014, 06:25:28 AM »
good luck in the NFL locker room

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »
good luck in the NFL locker room
The players would be scared to death to say anything. Especially after the Dolphins incident this year.

This kid will be untouchable.

I just hope the Patriots don't draft this queer.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »
The players would be scared to death to say anything. Especially after the Dolphins incident this year.

This kid will be untouchable.

I just hope the Patriots don't draft this queer.

Brady is a metro sexual so he'll fit in perfect there.

WooSSSHHHHHHHHHH