Author Topic: Andrey Malanichev #2469 New Raw Powerlifting Total  (Read 6442 times)

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
Re: Andrey Malanichev #2469 New Raw Powerlifting Total
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »
Admiring a person's athletic abilities, versus watching giant musclemen in thongs "battle it out". Tough choice for some.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2014, 01:39:03 PM »
Everything we can do and do is ridiculous by some standard. Bodybuilding, ridiculous. Powerlifting, ridiculous. All sports, ridiculous and useless.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2014, 01:44:00 PM »
women would not desire him at the club amongst juiced up ripped curl bros

name that mucho macho club
 ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »
it's extremely hard

but it just is so boring and uninteresting to watch some fat slobs do a shaky single with a ton of weight and they dont even have freak physique to show for it

that's why the world record bench press prize is $5000 lmao

nobody gives a fuck

really, but you could not afford to pay $ 500 gym fee  ;D

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2014, 01:52:54 PM »
dude, you and I keep finding stuff that we agree about (although this one is pretty easy)

Dan Green is a beast and has an insane build

Powerlifting to me outweighs politics....by far.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 01:55:28 PM »
you mean giant bloated obese fuckheads doing some ego lifts in a singlet shouting at a barbell with a bunch of other fat men slapping them around the ears, on the ass and back

COME ON YOU CAN DOO IT WHAAAAHHH WHAAHHH

and then do a shaky rep with a weight to impresss some other obese fuck heads

and if they break a world record they can win 5K

lmao

epic "sport"

"athletic abilities" means having favorable limb proportions, shooting a ton of juice in your ass, picking things up and down

great talent righ there, makes gymnastics look easy ;D

Dan Green comes off as bloated?..u lift so ur arms look good in a tight shirt, come on dude.
L

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 02:03:41 PM »
Malanichev's 460kg sqt is beyond ridiculous.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
is that syntholed midget your boyfriend?

No...I'm trying to understand your thought process. And as I've said before....these guys, even the bloated messes make u feel bad about yourself. You couldn't get your daily affirmation or hug from guys like that,  like you do from the board here. Green just happens to be jacked and strong. I respect the strength he has...
L

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2014, 10:23:11 AM »
Anabolic Halo - over the last year or so Ive started to train mainly for strength after spending my first few years lifting with more of a bodybuilder type mentality.

Ive gained a fair bit of size, some of it fat obviously. I've lost the six pack and the "bicep vascularity". BUT I've found that nothing is more satisfying and motivating than getting stronger every time you train. No feelings of being lean or pumped or "dialed in" can compare.

I've nothing against bodybuilding or training for aesthetics but I think that once you try training purely for strength you become hooked on the sheer feeling of being powerful and awesome.

And be honest, most powerlifters DON'T look like obese slobs. Most are between 10 and 20 percent bodyfat and have dense, powerful physiques. Many raw lifters have physiques that are years ahead of most gym lifters training for aesthetics

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2014, 10:29:14 AM »
It's training around the suit that ruined powerlifting, if you looked at guys even in the light single ply era, most up until the SHW classes were built like brickhouses or at least athletic looking. When the game changed to suit and shirt experts that changed a bit, now it's just starting tilt the other way.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2014, 10:35:24 AM »
It's training around the suit that ruined powerlifting, if you looked at guys even in the light single ply era, most up until the SHW classes were built like brickhouses or at least athletic looking. When the game changed to suit and shirt experts that changed a bit, now it's just starting tilt the other way.

Exactly. Raw lifters have to get strong all over. Look at guys like Doug Young, Ed Coan, Bill Kazmaier, Roger Estep. Even bodybuilders from the "Golden Era" who incorporated many compound lifts and were very strong, had a different, denser look, which even at a higher bodyfat percentage is a lot more impressive than most modern bodybuilders.

nasum

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »
it's extremely hard

but it just is so boring and uninteresting to watch some fat slobs do a shaky single with a ton of weight and they dont even have freak physique to show for it

that's why the world record bench press prize is $5000 lmao

nobody gives a fuck

What have you accomplished recently? Not everyone who competes in a discipline or sport does it for fame or money. It is about creatively and productively challenging yourself.

The problem is, people attribute value to things in terms of superficial assets i.e. money, attention, vainglorious praise. The problem is these pursuits are hollow, and money (while it obviously has worth) is a means and not an end. Can you fathom the dedication these individuals have conjured up in pursuit of their passion? That is what creates a sense of fulfilment when an individual's talent or potential is actualised, and that is a reward that has true quality and depth.

You don't pursue a passion to "get" something, you do it out of legitimate love for that particular thing (or person).