Author Topic: Your's Split Routines!  (Read 5491 times)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
Re: Your's Split Routines!
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:32 PM »
Legs twice a week. The rest as I feel like it. I'm in there 4 days a week

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 12:32:53 PM »
my current split

m...calves, hamstrings, quads              ( emphasis on calves and hams)

t..chest, back, shoulders and arms      ( emphasis on chest )

w... off

th..quads, hamstrings, calfs                 (emphasis on quads)      

f..chest, back, shoulders and arms      (emphasis on back n traps)

s..off  ( might train arms on this day if i leave them out last session )

s..off

Very similar to my split with everything getting hit twice a week.
2 uppers and 2 lowers. Emphasis on chest one upper then back the next.

A

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:22 PM »
whe i was single it didnt matter so much and i had a rolling kind of split where i could please my self... but with 2 kids, long shifts at work and a lass, its easier to be regimented, they count on you being home certain days etc

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:56 PM »
Very similar to my split with everything getting hit twice a week.
2 uppers and 2 lowers. Emphasis on chest one upper then back the next.

my joints are too poor to justify training them hard enough where once a week is enough, all just pumpy pumpy for me these days

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 12:40:31 PM »
yeah, I cringe at the days I used to 'have' to do chest on Monday, etc. What a fucking idiot.

Now I take a day, sometimes two days between workouts.. sometimes I do 3 days in a row. Life changes all the time and on days when I'm working 12 hour days, I'm stressed and didn't sleep or eat right I just don't go to the gym. OCD training routines doesn't make a bit of difference.
excellent post......I agree wholeheartedly with you......I never plan to work chest on Monday...back on Wednesday...etc.....I train by instinct......and I only train if I am recovered and ready to go......some blokes try to train when they are still sore just because they are "scheduled" to train on that particular day. I might work legs on sunday and then chest on Tuesday..... etc......the best thing to do is throw all the rules out the window. imho.

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2014, 02:09:28 AM »
I think a lot of us like to train so sometimes have any plan is good. Cuz without it a lot of people will by try to train hard every day becouse they like it but after 2/3/4 weeks effect will be not good. I don't mean about biceps one day, tric next but about back in monday and back again in friday.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2014, 04:43:14 AM »
also since ive been using TRT i feel abit more recovered so sometimes ill skip the day off n just train again, everythings depends on how my body feels, ive been training 30 yrs n im pretty intouch with my recovery n stuff, recovery is just as important as training n diet
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »
i do that routine alot n it works great, i think by giving the whole upper body a rest on wed is awesome, then thur the delts r ready to get worked hard.

Same reasoning for me.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2014, 08:57:26 AM »
Weekend OFF or you Repeat routine?

Weekends off....it's a plus for me in case something comes up during the week and I cant make it to the gym then I know I have the weekend to make up my missed workout.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2014, 09:29:08 AM »
Mon: too sleepy
Tue:  arms or legs depending on what doesn't hurt
wed: sofa. Maybe i stop by the gym for some laughs with the owner and a quick shower.
thur: maybe i train maybe i dont. either arms or legs.
frid: sofa. usualy i am tired of a week of getting out of bed early.
Sat: workout. arms or legs. If both hurt i do back.
Sun: You wish.

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
Nice routines and all of them are working :D

So train is last puzzle in Bodybuilding i think...

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:49 AM »
i just got back from gym doing chest n tris, i drove in 14 inches of snow in a sports car, guess u can call it dedication or insanity,either one fits
R

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
Nice routines and all of them are working :D

So train is last puzzle in Bodybuilding i think...

Take the average outcome and you have the secret formula.
/thread

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2014, 08:45:07 AM »
trial n error is the key n that takes yrs n yrs sometimes, i used to believe if i did the same workout as arnold id get the same results,lol. unfortunately it dont work like that, drugs n genetics pretty much determine whos gonna look awesome n whos not
R

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
the day off i schedule like this, after couple consecutive days, the body is too aching and tired to do a damn thing and keeps dhydrating.

thats the day to be off.

n

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2014, 09:01:00 AM »
I sow that im more lazy, tired, i feel fking lethargy in OFF days. I'm more productive in "gym days"... I don't know what is reason of it.

But it's not good idea to try everyday in high intense and volume so i must survive 1/2 days off in a week :D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2014, 01:39:36 PM »
I change a lot out of boredom but this is what I'm currently doing.

Monday: Back and chest

Wednesday: Legs

Friday: Delts and arms

Off days are cardio, body weight stuff, and maybe heavy bag.

Also from week to week I change exercises completely. Just again for boredom sake and to a lessor extend over use. So back day one week might be power cleans, pull ups, low cable row, dumbbell row, narrow grip pulldowns, stiff deads, and weighted back extensions. The next week could be machine pulldowns, bar row, t bar and deadlifts.

There is a lot of over lap with this. On back and chest day both bicep and tricep gets hit hard with all the pushing and pulling. Legs get hit twice from the direct day on Wednesday and on Monday when I do either power cleans or deadlifts. I can go down all body parts and see over lap from non direct days.

Right now I'm staring at a bottle of Jack Daniels contemplating missing a cardio day. If I don't get on my treadmill soon in my basement Jack is going to win.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2014, 11:41:16 PM »
I change a lot out of boredom but this is what I'm currently doing.

Monday: Back and chest

Wednesday: Legs

Friday: Delts and arms

Off days are cardio, body weight stuff, and maybe heavy bag.

Also from week to week I change exercises completely. Just again for boredom sake and to a lessor extend over use. So back day one week might be power cleans, pull ups, low cable row, dumbbell row, narrow grip pulldowns, stiff deads, and weighted back extensions. The next week could be machine pulldowns, bar row, t bar and deadlifts.

There is a lot of over lap with this. On back and chest day both bicep and tricep gets hit hard with all the pushing and pulling. Legs get hit twice from the direct day on Wednesday and on Monday when I do either power cleans or deadlifts. I can go down all body parts and see over lap from non direct days.

Right now I'm staring at a bottle of Jack Daniels contemplating missing a cardio day. If I don't get on my treadmill soon in my basement Jack is going to win.
a good solid split which i like to use as well. going to stay on full Body compound stuff at the mo...then later the split above. A great split for supersets too

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2014, 12:00:51 AM »
lifetime natural ... in my early 40s ... so train basically for maintenance now with plenty of recuperation.

Mon:  Back & Shoulders
Wed:  Legs
Fri:    Chest & Arms

or

Mon:  Chest & Back
Wed:  Legs
Fri:    Shoulders & Arms

I also do cardio most days of the week, and throw in ab work whenever I feel like it.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »
My off days are normally when I'm hungover...student life  ::)

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2014, 05:50:14 AM »
I think good split routine too is:

Chest
Back
Shoulders
Legs
Arms

You can have a day OFF/Rest when you want. If you will be want try every day, you will hit body party every 5 day and alwasy will be have one/two days beetween big body parts ect. It can be useful too.

A lot of natural train in this way with 1/2 two days OFF after 5 days row training :) With steroids the regeneration is little better so u can sometimes cut these off/rest if u feel very good.

Next good conception? : )

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2014, 09:31:23 AM »
I think good split routine too is:

Chest
Back
Shoulders
Legs
Arms

You can have a day OFF/Rest when you want. If you will be want try every day, you will hit body party every 5 day and alwasy will be have one/two days beetween big body parts ect. It can be useful too.

A lot of natural train in this way with 1/2 two days OFF after 5 days row training :) With steroids the regeneration is little better so u can sometimes cut these off/rest if u feel very good.

Next good conception? : )
If you want to hit a muscle every 5 days this is a better split...

Chest/back
shoulders/arms
OFF
legs
OFF

Damios

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
I tried it but i more like to do one muscle group ( or one large with small ie chest + bic / shoulders + tric ) on one day with more volume :P It is what i like the most.