Author Topic: Tamoxifen vs Arimidex  (Read 6286 times)

Uncle Junior

Tamoxifen vs Arimidex
« on: February 11, 2014, 12:15:21 PM »
When I take Arimidex at high doses (1mg EOD or 1mg ED) it makes me piss like a racehorse, dry, vascular etc but also it kills my sex drive and make hair thin out and also gives me bone pain (don't really care about the bone pain)

...So I thought I give Tamoxifen a try for first time and taking 20mg daily for last 5 days

But it ain't doing shit.

Doesn't make me piss like Arimidex, not really drying me out the way Arimidex does.....BUT good thing is its making me little bit more horny and not fucking up my sex drive like Arimidex does.

Should I bump up Tamoxifen dose to 40mg daily?

What the fuck does it do anyway?

I heard its supposed to make natty test levels go up by 150% but I ain't feeling shit.

qwert

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Tamoxifen vs Arimidex
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:19:06 PM »
Why would you use Tamoxifen when you could use femera, aromasin, arimidex etc.

The later 3 actually inhibit estrogen. Tamoxifen just competes with estrogen at the receptor & does nothing to actually reduce estrogen levels. This is why you're not dry, pissing water etc. It[s a really usesless drug imo, unless this was 1985.

Tamoxifen was used strictly because there was nothing else back in the olden days of yore. Now a days, if you're using it, you need to bone up on your anti e info.

qwert

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 03:12:08 PM »
if you want to dry out, why not take a diuretic? Taking cancer meds to dry out is beyond silly.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 03:32:34 PM »
well, to shut down estrogen and get dry, adex is much better.

nolvadex is just good for gyno.wont help with water retention etc.

adex has those terrible sides, aches etc, when doses too high or taken too long.

adex does everything better than nolva in cancer patients, but many cancer patients go back to nolva bc they cant or dont want to handle the sides of adex.

do not take them both together, just do not.dont ask, just dont do that.

thats it.
n

eldoradospandex

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »
one is an aromatase inhibitor, one is a SERM, they're not interchangeable

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:05:37 PM »
if you want to dry out, why not take a diuretic? Taking cancer meds to dry out is beyond silly.

Diuretics are even worse. They work by pulling the water out of the blood, this is their mechanism of action.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 05:21:46 PM »
Diuretics are even worse. They work by pulling the water out of the blood, this is their mechanism of action.

Not exactly, they prevent facultative/obligatory reabsorption of water in the kidneys

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 05:43:11 PM »
When I take Arimidex at high doses (1mg EOD or 1mg ED) it makes me piss like a racehorse, dry, vascular etc but also it kills my sex drive and make hair thin out and also gives me bone pain (don't really care about the bone pain)

...So I thought I give Tamoxifen a try for first time and taking 20mg daily for last 5 days

But it ain't doing shit.

Doesn't make me piss like Arimidex, not really drying me out the way Arimidex does.....BUT good thing is its making me little bit more horny and not fucking up my sex drive like Arimidex does.

Should I bump up Tamoxifen dose to 40mg daily?

What the fuck does it do anyway?

I heard its supposed to make natty test levels go up by 150% but I ain't feeling shit.

I only would use .25mgs of arimidex on Mondays and Thursdays..

NightTrain

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
Aromasin > All if you are able to get it.

nosbp2

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
Can confirm Tamoxifen is a piece of shit joke drug that does absolutely nothing, absolute piece of shit drug. Only good thing is it doesn't fuck up your sex drive.

Arimidex rapes Tamox everyday but u will lose sex drive completely if taking proper dose.

If you taking less than 1mg a day your a pussy and don't talk to me.

If you ever take 1mg a day u know how shredded it makes you, probably similar to winny

but you're taking arimidex without even cycling? what's the point, really?

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »
Aromasin > All if you are able to get it.

needs to be dosed ED though whereas adex is needed 3 times a week at most.

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Your pathetic taking these drugs without even using gear.

NightTrain

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 03:33:40 PM »
needs to be dosed ED though whereas adex is needed 3 times a week at most.

If you are wanting to reduce E2 and minimilize the side effects of AI's, then you cannot rival Aromasin. Adex works primarily on E1.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »

See above

what you wrote above is even more pathetic lol

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 04:49:35 PM »
If you are wanting to reduce E2 and minimilize the side effects of AI's, then you cannot rival Aromasin. Adex works primarily on E1.

Cool, did not know that.. have any links or study to back up that claim.  why do trt docs and hrt patients get put on adex then?

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »
Cos Aromsin is a suicide inhibitor while arimidex is reversible one.

One you stop dex you will get E2 come back quickly which is good if you want normal function back, with Aromasin you have to wait several month for the enzymes to build up again etc

well id personally rather have the levels come back quickly then wait months as my e2 barely gets out of range anyway just use AIs to dry out as needed.  what about what he mentioned about e2 and e1 though. bit confused there.

NightTrain

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 06:33:53 PM »
aromasin s very effective peripherally, highly suppressing what is generally E2 conversion.

arimidex is best at E1 suppression (tissue affinity, gonadal, adrenal, etc and because its a competitive inhibitor). it suppress e1 at even the lowest of doses, but takes rather high doses to see significant impact on peripheral aromatase (which if you have "issues" is generally where it is)

Max B

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2014, 07:24:00 PM »
There are 3 types of estrogen of which the most relevant influential for your purposes is E2, forgot nonsense about E1, don't fuck with suicide inhibitors like Letrozole or Aromasin, use dex for when you wanna dry out etc and put up with any short term sides u might get knowing full well E2 will bounce back within couple of weeks max once u stop or reduce dose

Dex lifetime is 48 hours in body actually, when you come off dex you will get rebound so go to maintenance low dose just to keep it in check, so something like 0.25mg twice a week (Monday and Thursday say)

If you really wanna dry out look super shred (assuming low enough BF levels) go up to 1mg daily, NEVER MORE for short cycles, say up to a month, I have done 1mg dex for 4 months str8 no probs.

Good thing with dex is you can control it easily, Letrozol or Aromasin you cant

Make sure you get LEGIT dex with Arimidex brand not bullshit imitations or liquid crap.

The Sandoz one is ok cos its pharma but still the Arimidex pharma brand works best in my opinion even though the active ingredient is still Anastrazole etc.

ive actually used both research chem adex and pharm grade from pharmacy both worked the same however there is only one research company with legit adex (pm me if youd like to know) i agree that 98% of others are crap.. so basically youre saying since i dont need an AI normally to keep my e2 in range if i really want to dry out, use adex at 1mg ED for a month? i was using 1md EOD...

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 02:50:06 AM »
Cos Aromsin is a suicide inhibitor while arimidex is reversible one.

One you stop dex you will get E2 come back quickly which is good if you want normal function back, with Aromasin you have to wait several month for the enzymes to build up again etc

what a bunch of BULLSHIT

the only difference between adex and aromasin is that if you stop adex you have a sh*tload of estrogen in your system (rebound), because the estrogen itself is NOT reduced, it just cant interfere with the receptor.

aromasin stops PRODUCTION of estrogen, which is way better. it does NOT take several months to get your estrogen back up, this is bullshit.
aromatase enzyme production starts up quickly again because aromasin halflife is very short. (said to be like 8 hours in MEN).

There are 3 types of estrogen of which the most relevant influential for your purposes is E2, forgot nonsense about E1, don't fuck with suicide inhibitors like Letrozole or Aromasin, use dex for when you wanna dry out etc and put up with any short term sides u might get knowing full well E2 will bounce back within couple of weeks max once u stop or reduce dose

letrozole is not a suicide inhibitor.

Good thing with dex is you can control it easily, Letrozol or Aromasin you cant

aromasin is way easier to control because its half life is way shorter