Author Topic: Most bodybuilders are fools - they think they know everything  (Read 14248 times)

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: Most bodybuilders are fools.
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 06:04:53 AM »
I competely understand what you wrote about how the arms are used while training upper body. I would greatly appreciate you pm'ing me some BB training info. my wife is interested in moving into BB from powerlifting.

my youtube channel is nasht5
sept 10th APF

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2014, 06:07:19 AM »
^ never mind that, I want to know how she disappears at the end  :o

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2014, 06:14:59 AM »
Most people who post here probably not have a college degrees Vince, but they do have a MUCH better physique that you do. 

Philosophize all you want, but it's true.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2014, 06:16:50 AM »
optical illusion, lol. The cable machine is very close to a mirror. you can see my elbow in the mirror, she is standing to my right as I record her reflection in the mirror.
sept 10th APF

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:47 AM »
this comes to mind(maybe?).

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2014, 06:32:47 AM »
You know, before I went to university I knew I could be a doctor, architect, lawyer, engineer or anything I desired. What did I end up studying? Philosophy! Everyone is an expert in philosophy! I had one fool tell me that he had a philosophy, too. "What is your philosophy, Armando?" "Well, he said, when I eat, I eat and when I sleep, I sleep!" Brilliant for sure, because who can refute that? The trouble is that philosophy is completely empty and useless.

So I didn't pursue a career in philosophy but became a PE teacher. Then a gym owner. Well, lo and behold, everyone was an expert in exercise and nutrition. The two fields I specialized in and no one recognizes my training and long experience. Even here on Getbig everyone is an expert. I well remember telling Milos Sarcev that I could help him get bigger triceps. Well, that didn't go over well and he was quite annoyed at me. He said that he has tried everything and nothing worked. Well, I told him, he hasn't tried what I advocate. Anyway, we eventually sorted that out but I never did get to explain what I had in mind. I offered to help Luke Wood build his arms bigger but he never showed up at my gym to see what I could do for him. I guess he figured if Milos couldn't get them bigger than no one else could.

Today I saw a guy who was definitely a bodybuilder. I talked to him because he came into a place that I was at. I told him he was a bodybuilder and he told me he was competing soon. I noticed the typical weak arms in that depleted state and told him to come and see me because I could help him get bigger triceps. He told me point blank he didn't want my help! I wasn't charging him. I had nothing to gain. I couldn't believe he said that. What is it with muscleheads? Most are too darn thick to even know what is good advice and what is nonsense. I have 57 years experience and these guys aren't interested in what I have to say. Amazing and very disappointing.

That is why I say most bodybuilders are fools. I don't have to mention stuff like the belief that free weights are better than machines. Nor do I have to tell them that they are ingesting way too much protein. Nope, they already know everything.

You have 57 years of nothing, Basile....nothing.  Your training methods are outdated, you're completely out of shape, you refuse to debate me in a live chat for Getbig, and quite frankly you should spend your remaining years enjoying life on the beach rather than arguing on the internet. 

A guy who refuses your help??  You honestly shouldn't be surprised.
A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2014, 06:33:51 AM »

You have 57 years of nothing, Basile....nothing.  Your training methods are outdated, you're completely out of shape, you refuse to debate me in a live chat for Getbig, and quite frankly you should spend your remaining years enjoying life on the beach rather than arguing on the internet. 

I would pay good money

to hear you and basille go at it

get him on your radio show
T

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2014, 06:34:00 AM »

He arguably looks better on his worst day than you on your best

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2014, 07:01:58 AM »
Vince's "knowledge" is completely useless for any bodybuilder. He is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to training and advancing a bb.

He actually thinks a pro bb will improve a bodypart such as the triceps by not doing rope pushdowns and by doing extensions behind the neck instead.

And let's not forget Vince's claim that pro bb's wouldn't need any drugs if they only sought his training advice instead.

He knows nothing of any use.

Him and Goodrum = soulmates. Both equally delusional.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
Hello Vince,

A thin line indeed between having to train causing just enough microtrauma, resulting in DOMS , and having workouts resulting in connective tissue injuries/inflammation.

Would like to know your opinion on whether it is necessary to keep increasing the load, especially when you mention waiting longer before targetting specific muscle group again. Is Repeated Bout Effect less important in your described way of training?

Thanks,

André, The Hague, Netherlands.

Good question and worthy of a reply. I was interested in some of the findings that Hypertrophy Specific Training claimed. According to them, maximum hypertrophy would require perhaps 8 hours training in one day. If that is true then no sensible person could sustain that protocol. Thus, what is the point at which near maximum hypertrophy is stimulated? When you look at what so many to the top pros are doing and have done over the past 50 years one thing stands out. Lots of sets. The typical protocol is to do several exercises per body part and do each for several sets. If you add these up it means they are doing anywhere from 9 to 25 or so sets per muscle group. A few extremists did even more sets perhaps as many as 50. However, there seems to be a point beyond which you get diminished returns. In other words, if you get a good result from X then doing 2 times X is not going to result in two times the growth.

It would be extremely difficult to determine exactly how much training is required by everyone and then average it out and use that as a target. Instead of doing something that cumbersome I do something completely different. I go to the state induced the next day. That is the key to DOMS training. You try to make your muscles quite sore. The kind of soreness that persists for several days. You don't want to generate acute, painful soreness that restricts any kind of training. You have to avoid damaging the connective tissue. I am certain the muscles themselves will be okay from just about any kind of hypertrophy training. Once you accept the feedback as a guide to hypertrophy it makes all the difference in the world. If you didn't induce sufficient DOMS then you have to return to the gym the next day and try something else. It is as simple as that. If any workouts fail to deliver those target DOMS you have to repeat a workout and try something different. In this way, sustaining the DOMS, it should be possible to grow larger from each workout. That is what I found so I am confident it will work for others.

The theory is simple but the technology applying it is where the problems occur. Some people cannot put sufficiently intense mechanical tension on the target muscle. You have to do this over and over and over and have that intense mechanical tension accumulate. Waste products accumulate. Eventually hypertrophy is triggered and that should be enough. It usually takes over an hour to do the arms properly. Perhaps up to two hours for larger muscles. The total amount of severe, intense mechanical tension in a muscle to generate hypertrophy is probably less than two minutes. It might be the last rep or two in a set to failure. It isn't necessary to do extra stuff beyond failure because more sets with the same resistance will deliver the stimulus.

About progression re resistance and maximum hypertrophy. Well, at the beginning of any programs there will be a rapid increase in strength. This cannot continue indefinitely for obvious reasons. However, the aim is to try to lift heavier weights for the same number of reps. Again, plateaus will appear and progress slows. That is when novelty comes to the rescue. It takes a good mind to be able to figure out new things to do. Many top guys have people smarter than themselves tell them what to do. There are some superior exercises and some that no bodybuilder should do.

The repeated bout effect is to be avoided. That is why we aim to keep the muscles in a state of DOMS. Once the muscle recovers it will take a much more intense workout to stimulate further hypertrophy.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 07:12:36 AM »
Stop bullshitting Basile.  You said you would destroy me if we were to debate and I'm just telling you to back it up.  Are you going to be a coward all of your life or do you want to pick the judges for the debate. 
A

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 07:15:50 AM »
About that theory of hypertrophy...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 07:22:19 AM »
Stop bullshitting Basile.  You said you would destroy me if we were to debate and I'm just telling you to back it up.  Are you going to be a coward all of your life or do you want to pick the judges for the debate. 

Melvin, why should I help your radio show get more listeners when you insult me? No thanks, you get what you deserve and you deserve what you get.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 07:29:38 AM »
Goodrum would beat the piss out of Basile in a debate.

the trainer

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 07:35:53 AM »
nobody gives a shit what you say you can do.

why?

because most humans have eyes and ears.

we LOOK at you and see you LOOK like a pile of dogshit.

what would you do if some guy who lives in a wooden shed, offers advice on building your dream home? you'd laugh in his face.

why? because it's insulting that somebody like you.. somebody who looks like you.. would think they (you) can help anybody with bodybuilding.

if you actually LOOKED the part, you'd have people ASKING for your help, instead of having to go around looking for people who will waste 45seconds of their lives to listen to you tell them how good you are, despite looking like a fat, old pedophile.

You are a fucking idiot so i guess you would not take boxing advice from freddy roach or basketball advice from phil jackson because they dont look the part they are old, manny and the basketball team should get somebody who looks the part and they would do better, get some common sense you dumbfuck.

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »
What would you have had Milos do to get his triceps bigger?
he is a tool head that is why Milos and that other fella through it on his face.he still thinks he is an expert.sir dont make a fool out of  yourself going around  offering people free advise.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2014, 07:47:06 AM »
some pretty damn good football coaches never played the game and some great coaches were never good players... just something to think about.
sept 10th APF

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:53 AM »
You know, before I went to university I knew I could be a doctor, architect, lawyer, engineer or anything I desired.

So I didn't pursue a career in philosophy but became a PE teacher.

So you decided against the chance of having a much sought-after and highly paid job to instead teach kids how to run round a track?

::)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2014, 07:52:28 AM »
vince your days on earth are soon numbered youre old as fuck.

n

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 08:33:27 AM »
Vince's "knowledge" is completely useless for any bodybuilder. He is completely out of touch with reality when it comes to training and advancing a bb.

He actually thinks a pro bb will improve a bodypart such as the triceps by not doing rope pushdowns and by doing extensions behind the neck instead.

And let's not forget Vince's claim that pro bb's wouldn't need any drugs if they only sought his training advice instead.

He knows nothing of any use.

Him and Goodrum = soulmates. Both equally delusional.

They both are, but Goodrum's delusions are of galactic proportions. Have you seen what he looked like when he got onstage?

Jizzacked

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2014, 09:48:09 AM »

Today I saw a guy who was definitely a bodybuilder. I talked to him because he came into a place that I was at. I told him he was a bodybuilder and he told me he was competing soon. I noticed the typical weak arms in that depleted state and told him to come and see me because I could help him get bigger triceps. He told me point blank he didn't want my help! I wasn't charging him. I had nothing to gain. I couldn't believe he said that. What is it with muscleheads? Most are too darn thick to even know what is good advice and what is nonsense. I have 57 years experience and these guys aren't interested in what I have to say. Amazing and very disappointing.

Woah, hold the phone.  You mean to tell me this bodybuilder was approached by a decrepit obese old man, and DECLINED his help in increasing his muscularity!?  The nerve of this meathead!

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »
lay down your training theories basille. give us the exact split routine with exercise lists not just this vague waffle you always post.

if your theories work you will go down as a legend; the fat, sexually deviant version of vince gironda.

what you basille?

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2014, 10:50:15 AM »
I competely understand what you wrote about how the arms are used while training upper body. I would greatly appreciate you pm'ing me some BB training info. my wife is interested in moving into BB from powerlifting.

my youtube channel is nasht5

your wife looks like king alex brah. tell her to tone down the test dosage.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
Melvin, why should I help your radio show get more listeners when you insult me? No thanks, you get what you deserve and you deserve what you get.

I didn't want you up there anyway but you started yapping off at the mouth so much that I gave you the opportunity....to which I'm not surprised that you are chickening out, you crusty old  yellow bastard. 

Don't fucking bother me about it again if you're not going to back up your talk.
A

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:38 AM »
imagine if vince actually went on the goodrum show...i would like to listen to this!
MIRAGETROPIN