Author Topic: I think only property owning, taxpaying citizens should be able to vote  (Read 8543 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I made this thread after reading in a thread where it was said to be racist to enforce voter ID card laws, and that it was because blacks and other minorities were disproportionately poor and could not afford a $10 ID.  I say take it one step further, only allow property owning, tax payers the right to vote.  And by property, I mean anything that is taxed, such as cars, land, homes etc.  Seems to me, that if only those types of people could vote, you'd get rid of the votes of all morons, poor whites too.  What say you Getbig?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: I think only property owning, taxpaying citizens should be able to vote
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:29:43 PM »
Nah.  Voter ID laws are good.  Don't agree with the property owner/taxpayer requirement.  That could disenfranchise a lot of young folks, and possibly a lot of elderly folks too. 

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
Poll tax and iq test should be used. Would eliminate 97% of democrat voters.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 01:58:31 PM »
Nah.  Voter ID laws are good.  Don't agree with the property owner/taxpayer requirement.  That could disenfranchise a lot of young folks, and possibly a lot of elderly folks too. 

I don't think those under the age of 21 should be able to vote. They should raise the age until 21, and repeal the ability to draft those under 21. If you are 18 and over, and want to join, you should be able to. That would take away the argument that "I can die for my country, but can't vote!"

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 02:41:17 PM »
I made this thread after reading in a thread where it was said to be racist to enforce voter ID card laws, and that it was because blacks and other minorities were disproportionately poor and could not afford a $10 ID.  I say take it one step further, only allow property owning, tax payers the right to vote.  And by property, I mean anything that is taxed, such as cars, land, homes etc.  Seems to me, that if only those types of people could vote, you'd get rid of the votes of all morons, poor whites too.  What say you Getbig?

In other words, only allow people who are invested in our country to vote. Very good, this is the way it was originally.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 04:16:37 PM »
I don't think those under the age of 21 should be able to vote. They should raise the age until 21, and repeal the ability to draft those under 21. If you are 18 and over, and want to join, you should be able to. That would take away the argument that "I can die for my country, but can't vote!"

Why raise the voting age to twenty-one?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:45 PM »
I could get down with a if you receive hand outs you dont get a vote law...

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 04:41:38 PM »
Why do IDs even have to cost anything?

They should be free for voting purposes.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »
Why do IDs even have to cost anything?

They should be free for voting purposes.
I agree my point in voting being restricted to those who dont get govt hand outs is that they arent able to vote themselves more hand outs...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 05:36:30 PM »
Nah.  Voter ID laws are good.  Don't agree with the property owner/taxpayer requirement.  That could disenfranchise a lot of young folks, and possibly a lot of elderly folks too.  

we all know that there is so little voter fraud as to make absolutely no difference on the outcome  of elections

the only "good' that voter ID laws do is to suppress the vote which is traditionally "good" for Republicans

I assume that is the "good" you're referring to

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 05:43:25 PM »
we all know that there is no little voter fraud as to make absolutely no difference on the outcome  of elections
We do now?

any proof?

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 05:48:00 PM »
What do you vote for ... basically you vote for how tax money is allocated.  So, why not require paying taxes as mandatory to voting?  If you don't have a skin in the game, why should you have a say so?  If you don't pay taxes, you should simply get a letter in the mail, saying sorry, you may not vote.  Do this and you will instantly see more proficient use of tax dollars.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 05:51:42 PM »
What do you vote for ... basically you vote for how tax money is allocated.  So, why not require paying taxes as mandatory to voting?  If you don't have a skin in the game, why should you have a say so?  If you don't pay taxes, you should simply get a letter in the mail, saying sorry, you may not vote.  Do this and you will instantly see more proficient use of tax dollars. 
exactly but this would never happen b/c libtards could no longer run on their current platform of economic populism

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 06:02:31 PM »
We do now?

any proof?

yep

go find the # of convictions for voter fraud and post them here and that will be all the proof you need

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2014, 06:20:12 PM »
yep

go find the # of convictions for voter fraud and post them here and that will be all the proof you need
LMFAO thats not proof dumb ass

lack of proof for the null does not prove the alternative

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2014, 06:21:27 PM »
we all know that there is so little voter fraud as to make absolutely no difference on the outcome  of elections

the only "good' that voter ID laws do is to suppress the vote which is traditionally "good" for Republicans

How so? How would you curb voter fraud without having picture IDs? Serious question.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
How so? How would you curb voter fraud without having picture IDs? Serious question.
his ignorant assertion is that b/c there arent enough people being prosecuted for voter fraud it isnt a problem and there for we dont need a voter id law.

Benjamin_pearson

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

That's stupid we have a black president so his people should be able to vote

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 07:02:11 PM »

I don't even bother reasoning with these flat earther's anymore.  They simply need to realize that no matter what they do....liberals will always win because we are the side of reason and tolerance while the cave dwelling 47er's are bigoted asswipes.
A

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »

I don't even bother reasoning with these flat earther's anymore.  They simply need to realize that no matter what they do....liberals will always win because we are the side of reason and tolerance while the cave dwelling 47er's are bigoted asswipes.
yup everything in this post screams of tolerance and reasoning...hahah fucking morons

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2014, 07:15:28 PM »

Total bullshit.  Liberals are as intolerant and dogmatic as any other group.  There are things you believe that I'm sure have no basis in facts but you choose to believe it because it fits your world view.  

StreetSoldier4U

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 07:18:40 PM »

I don't see how it's unfair for a person to be required to prove who they say they are.  If you don't have the foresight to obtain the proper identification in advance should you be voting in the first place. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 07:23:42 PM »
wouldn't people just parcel up land to 1 inch by 1 inch chunks, and sell them? 

"I own land so I can vote".   There are always a million ways.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 07:24:54 PM »
you dont understand guys its extremely restrictive to force someone to obtain an id, but it is not restrictive at all to force someone to obtain insurance...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 07:35:08 PM »