Author Topic: Getbig Gurus! Is this diet believable? Very low calories/protein.  (Read 14694 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Getbig Gurus! Is this diet believable? Very low calories/protein.
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »
I thought we where talking protein here. Point is with the amounts they consume they take in more protein than you think.

say their bamboo/plant/seed/bugs diet contains avg 3% protein. with 18 kilo thats 540g protein...

adults humans that are half their weight can't consume 9 kilo greens. we are not designed for that.

I think your figures are a bit off for a wild gorilla for example (I could be wrong). Consider the fact that they're naturally much, much stronger and have way more muscle mass so they do need way more protein per lb than humans. 

The DNA of gorillas is highly similar to that of a
human, from 95-99%

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2014, 11:45:46 PM »
How gorillas are like people

Gorillas have nearly the same DNA as human beings, which means that our body chemistry and theirs is almost exactly alike. Gorillas also have almost the same digestive system that we have. So how can gorillas grow up to be so big and strong without eating any meat (other than a few termites), any dairy products, any eggs, or any fish? Obviously, it's time for us to rethink the Four Food Groups dogma that we were taught in school, and the My Plate that replaced it.

When gorillas were first being kept in zoos in Europe and North America, they were fed the same kinds of food that the local people were eating. As a result, they fell prey to the same kinds of diseases that are the major causes of death in Europe and the United States but are rare among the peoples of Asia and Africa. Switching the gorillas back to something resembling their natural diet restored their health. The same thing happens to human populations that switch to a plant-based diet as a result of food rationing.
How gorillas are different from people

Gorillas are terrific weight-lifters, but human beings excel at long-distance running. Obviously, the gorilla's leafy diet provides enough protein to build strong muscle, as long as the gorilla gets enough calories, but the food is so low in calories that the gorillas have to spend all day eating. Like most leaf-eaters, they have to conserve their energy. In contrast, human beings can get enough energy from eating starchy staples, such as grains or starchy vegetables, to work all day, or to run marathons. That's why most human civilizations throughout world history have based their diet on some starchy staple, such as rice or wheat or corn or potatoes or sweet potatoes. Even our DNA tells us that human beings are starch eaters. Human beings have several extra copies of the gene for the starch-digesting enzyme.

The peoples in Asia, Africa, and Latin America who eat a starchy, plant-based diet are remarkably free from the chronic degenerative diseases that are major causes of death and disability and healthcare costs in the United States. The obvious solution to these health problems is to switch back to "hearty peasant fare": a diet based on starchy staples, such as grains and beans and starchy vegetables, along with other vegetables and fruit.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »
I think your figures are a bit off for a wild gorilla for example (I could be wrong). Consider the fact that they're naturally much, much stronger and have way more muscle mass so they do need way more protein per lb than humans. 

The DNA of gorillas is highly similar to that of a
human, from 95-99%

so? cows share like 80 something % of our dna. doesn't mean they have 80% the same digestive system as us  ::)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2014, 12:13:32 AM »
Who would win in a fight between a gorilla, a pit bull, e kul and a 2003 Ronnie Coleman ?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2014, 12:31:42 AM »
Who would win in a fight between a gorilla, a pit bull, e kul and a 2003 Ronnie Coleman ?

I can tell you who the only loser would be...................... ........................ .................. E-Kul

dustin

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2014, 08:12:22 AM »
If he's on "TRT" then I can believe it. He looks like he's lived a lifetime carrying lots of muscle on that massive frame. If he's dropped down to a low anabolic vegan diet, I can see him maintaining a heck of a lot of muscle. But I don't believe him entirely. Has to be on at least TRT.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2014, 08:44:08 AM »
If he's on "TRT" then I can believe it. He looks like he's lived a lifetime carrying lots of muscle on that massive frame. If he's dropped down to a low anabolic vegan diet, I can see him maintaining a heck of a lot of muscle. But I don't believe him entirely. Has to be on at least TRT.

He's juicing for sure. Probably a fair bit more than TRT too.
If he's telling the truth, would this suggest that size can be mantained even on very low calories as long as your hormonal levels are high?

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2014, 08:59:36 AM »

54 years old I think.
Zappa looking big here

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2014, 09:10:17 AM »
I believe it. Vegetables are an amazing, overlooked and underrated fountain of nutrition, supplying basically everything necessary for both health and strength

It's patently false, he would die, you would believe something that's factually wrong.

YOU CANT LIVE ON FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. period, he is lying. he has to eat lentils, whey , eggs.

Vegetarian diets are unhealthy, want some evidence? or is your belief enough?

Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. 2013 Jul 1;12(3):311-8.

Association of vegan diet with RMR, body composition and oxidative stress.

Nadimi H1, Yousefi Nejad A2, Djazayery A2, Hosseini M3, Hosseini S4.

Author information

Abstract

Background. There is increasing evidence to suggest that a vegetarian diet low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates offers the potential for decreasing the risk of chronic disease. However, there is little information about the effect of vegetarian diets on resting metabolic rate (RMR). The objective of this study was to determine the association of vegan diet with RMR and body composition and oxidative stress. Material and methodology. This research is a cross-sectional descriptive analytic study in which two groups of vegetarians and non vegetarians were compared. RMR was determined by indirect calorimetry, the amount of body fat mass (FM), the percentage of free fat mass (FFM), the markers of oxidative stress (MAD), poteins (PCO) and total anti-oxidatant capacity were measured in 20 vegetarians and 20 non-vegetarians. The two groups were matched with regard to body mass index, sex and menstrual cycle. Energy and macronutrient intakes were determined using a 3-day food record and body composition was determined by bioelectric impedance. Results. VEG reported a lower relative intake of protein (40.45 ±19.41 g, 56.96 ±11.94 g, p = 0.04), whereas no differences were observed in daily energy, carbohydrate or fat intakes and body composition. NVEG exhibited a higher absolute RMR (1354.7 ±192.6, 1569.10 ±348.24 Kcal/24 h, p = 0.02). PCO plasma density was seen signifi cantly higher among non-vegetarians (1.09 ±3.6, 0.81 ±0.42, p = 0.02). No signifi cant differences were seen in plasma density of TAC between two groups and MAD was higher amoung vegetarians. Conclusion. These results suggest that the lower RMR observed in VEG is partially mediated by differences in dietary macronutrient composition.

PMID: 24584960  [PubMed - in process]

Here is a brand new one

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0088278#abstract0

"Moreover, our results showed that a vegetarian diet is associated with poorer health (higher incidences of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), a higher need for health care, and poorer quality of life. Therefore, public health programs are needed in order to reduce the health risk due to nutritional factors."

Who would have thought that doing something counter to nature would result in a problem. Tbombz do you know what HCL is? it's in our stomach, do you know what that is for? do you know why our digestive system is so long?

I feel bad for you dude, you clearly suffer from mental illness, gave your self aids, in prison, fucking alienated your parents, family and friends and live in a car.

I know you think you got it figured out but know one will remember you when you die because all you did was catch aids. On your tombstone it will read, here lies tbombz who in order to cope with reality committed ego suicide and contracted aids. Stop living in a fantasy world, there are facts and truth out there.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 09:11:55 AM »
Most vegetarians I know are sickly fucking stick figures with bad breath.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 09:17:06 AM »
if tbombz believes in it then it must be garbage 100%

I strive to do the opposite of how tbombz does everything in life. In that way i cannot fail.

dustin

Re: Attn: True Adonis. Will you start a thread/blog pertaining to cooking?
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 09:41:05 AM »
I will get to all of it shortly.

Hey bub, where's that recipe!? 8)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 09:41:38 AM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 09:50:35 AM »
You don't need a brick oven to make a damn pizza.  ::)  If you really believe in the theory of heat transfer from a stone base making a difference then put some bricks in the bottom of your oven.

I have a feeling you could build one hell of a brick oven.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 10:24:10 AM »
"Who would win in a fight between a gorilla, a pit bull, e kul and a 2003 Ronnie Coleman ?"  ;D

Pure Gold !

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 10:54:17 AM »
It does beggar the thought-experiment about a vegan and a boatload of gear. Can a dude like this Russian be on enough gear to overcome a retarded vegan diet?

Just how much "partitioning" and amino acids can be taken out of vegetable-only sources?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 11:05:34 AM »
It's patently false, he would die, you would believe something that's factually wrong.

YOU CANT LIVE ON FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. period, he is lying. he has to eat lentils, whey , eggs.

Vegetarian diets are unhealthy, want some evidence? or is your belief enough?

Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment. 2013 Jul 1;12(3):311-8.

Association of vegan diet with RMR, body composition and oxidative stress.

Nadimi H1, Yousefi Nejad A2, Djazayery A2, Hosseini M3, Hosseini S4.

Author information

Abstract

Background. There is increasing evidence to suggest that a vegetarian diet low in fat and high in complex carbohydrates offers the potential for decreasing the risk of chronic disease. However, there is little information about the effect of vegetarian diets on resting metabolic rate (RMR). The objective of this study was to determine the association of vegan diet with RMR and body composition and oxidative stress. Material and methodology. This research is a cross-sectional descriptive analytic study in which two groups of vegetarians and non vegetarians were compared. RMR was determined by indirect calorimetry, the amount of body fat mass (FM), the percentage of free fat mass (FFM), the markers of oxidative stress (MAD), poteins (PCO) and total anti-oxidatant capacity were measured in 20 vegetarians and 20 non-vegetarians. The two groups were matched with regard to body mass index, sex and menstrual cycle. Energy and macronutrient intakes were determined using a 3-day food record and body composition was determined by bioelectric impedance. Results. VEG reported a lower relative intake of protein (40.45 ±19.41 g, 56.96 ±11.94 g, p = 0.04), whereas no differences were observed in daily energy, carbohydrate or fat intakes and body composition. NVEG exhibited a higher absolute RMR (1354.7 ±192.6, 1569.10 ±348.24 Kcal/24 h, p = 0.02). PCO plasma density was seen signifi cantly higher among non-vegetarians (1.09 ±3.6, 0.81 ±0.42, p = 0.02). No signifi cant differences were seen in plasma density of TAC between two groups and MAD was higher amoung vegetarians. Conclusion. These results suggest that the lower RMR observed in VEG is partially mediated by differences in dietary macronutrient composition.

PMID: 24584960  [PubMed - in process]

Here is a brand new one

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0088278#abstract0

"Moreover, our results showed that a vegetarian diet is associated with poorer health (higher incidences of cancer, allergies, and mental health disorders), a higher need for health care, and poorer quality of life. Therefore, public health programs are needed in order to reduce the health risk due to nutritional factors."

Who would have thought that doing something counter to nature would result in a problem. Tbombz do you know what HCL is? it's in our stomach, do you know what that is for? do you know why our digestive system is so long?

I feel bad for you dude, you clearly suffer from mental illness, gave your self aids, in prison, fucking alienated your parents, family and friends and live in a car.

I know you think you got it figured out but know one will remember you when you die because all you did was catch aids. On your tombstone it will read, here lies tbombz who in order to cope with reality committed ego suicide and contracted aids. Stop living in a fantasy world, there are facts and truth out there.
"You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands.

A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition.

Well Rambo was the best"

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:04 AM »
"You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands.

A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke.

In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition.

Well Rambo was the best"

Company leader calling Raven.  Company leader calling Raven. 
They're all dead sir. 
We can't let you go around wasting friendly civilians.
There are no friendly civilians!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »
;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2014, 12:03:29 PM »
I would like to start this thread somewhere actually.

Simple Simon

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2014, 12:09:00 PM »
I have a feeling you could build one hell of a brick oven.
Get a pizza stone to put in the oven first, then throw the pizza on it after 20 mins.

good to go.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
Get a pizza stone to put in the oven first, then throw the pizza on it after 20 mins.

good to go.
They work very well, but the ultimate is a Baking Steel, particularly this one.  You can also pull it out and use it as a griddle on the stovetop and to cook steaks, chicken and burgers.

http://bakingsteel.com/shop/baking-steel/

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »

good to go.

Oh yeah, I saw Alton Brown do that (mildly homo).

dustin

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
They work very well, but the ultimate is a Baking Steel, particularly this one.  You can also pull it out and use it as a griddle on the stovetop and to cook steaks, chicken and burgers.

http://bakingsteel.com/shop/baking-steel/

I used something similar for the pizza I made last night. Wasn't anything special, but I forgot how awesome homemade pizza tastes.

Found a few cold fermented recipes that I'll tinker with but was really hoping you'd share yours which is tried, testing and presumably true. My grandma left me with some really good different flours so I've been baking up a storm. Made tons of BBQ pork buns and a few pizzas in the last week.