Author Topic: Seriously, why can't they just admit it?  (Read 4575 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Seriously, why can't they just admit it?
« on: February 16, 2014, 01:38:40 PM »

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Seriously, why can't they just admit it?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »
I like how Arnold says he wouldn't use the drugs again, yet he basically used them for every movie role from 1981 to 1989.

Simple Simon

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:41:07 PM »
Because it isnt in their interest to do so.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 01:43:43 PM »
why would they admit it.

everything to lose, not much to gain.

people are stupid generally. they will believe them.

only a few will appreciate if they are honest.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 01:53:07 PM »

coach, you already know the answer to this.

no one admits to using until there is nothing to be gained by and from using.  And even in the admitting of using they are hoping to gain by remaining in the spot light.

Ask anyone in prison if they are guilty of the crime that they are convicted for...the answer will always be no. Unless they will be paroled by admitting to the crime.
I

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
I just finished watching the Lance Armstrong movie.. 

and here is my take away lesson: Only ignorant people ask questions where the answer is obvious.

Everyone around bodybuilding would never ask any bodybuilding "if they use".  The only answer to be given is "no"  ::)
I

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »
Reminds of John Cena  & Batista both claiming to be steroid free in the mid-2000s, when they had NPC & IFBB-sized physiques respectively. And of course, most of their fanboys on sites like BB.com were in lockstep behind them, shutting off all discussion to the contrary. It's true. People are just really...dumb.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 02:05:15 PM »
I look at it like this. It's obvious even to someone who is naive' to the subject. People KNOW and people within the industry even back then. So I think it makes that person look dishonest. People will be more accepting of a person for their honesty than if they lie. I already know what the next question is.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
tom platz has admitted using the juice.....as has dorian, robby, Quinn, etc.......maybe they haven't admitted exactly what their doses were.....but yes.....many have admitted using......lee priest has also talked a bit about juice.

dorian has been the most forthcoming......Arnold was Governor.....so he has to be a bit tight lipped about what he has done.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 02:11:22 PM »
tom platz has admitted using the juice.....as has dorian, robby, Quinn, etc.......maybe they haven't admitted exactly what their doses were.....but yes.....many have admitted using......lee priest has also talked a bit about juice.

dorian has been the most forthcoming......Arnold was Governor.....so he has to be a bit tight lipped about what he has done.
I'm glad you put the disclaimer about doses in there, because in that interview someone posted of him talking to a female Russian TV host, he said he was running something like a gram of testosterone or something a few weeks before a show. Not my idea of transparent by any stretch.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 02:11:47 PM »
I look at it like this. It's obvious even to someone who is naive' to the subject. People KNOW and people within the industry even back then. So I think it makes that person look dishonest. People will be more accepting of a person for their honesty than if they lie. I already know what the next question is.

the minute that they admit is the minute that sponsors drop them.  No sponsor wants to be associated with an admitted steroids user...c'mon coach you this already

$$ = continuing to lie
I

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »
Firstly, cut to a random chat show interview with Tom Platz, who is casually sitting there with no shirt on.

I've nothing against people using performance enhancing drugs - I believe everybody should be allowed to make their own choices.

However its unfair to downplay the role of steroids to the extent that these guys in the clip did. Bollox could Arnold have had the physique he did without steroids. But its also ridiculous to expect users to be open about their usage in interviews, given the potential legal implications.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 05:59:58 PM »
the minute that they admit is the minute that sponsors drop them.  No sponsor wants to be associated with an admitted steroids user...c'mon coach you this already

$$ = continuing to lie

I don't think so. Maybe some, but most I don't think would. They get it. I look at an example of Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte. Clemens lied his ass off, went through the ringer and it cost him his career, granted it was towards the end of his career. His legacy is destroyed. Pettette on the other hand came clean almost right away. He resumed his career and more than likely get into the HOF. This is baseball. Bodybuilding IMO, is a given that they will be using.

By not admitting it upfront, makes all of them liars. Ronnie said he was tested all the time when he was a cop, what he didn't say is that they don't test for PED's.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 06:04:47 PM »
I honestly don`t understand it either really.  People brag about all the other drugs they do, why wouldn`t someone who uses steroids just tell what they use and the amounts? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
I assume you're being sarcastic here.
I`m not.  Its not like it would get you arrested.  Has anyone ever been arrested here for saying what they use or anything like that?

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 06:22:12 PM »
I honestly don`t understand it either really.  People brag about all the other drugs they do, why wouldn`t someone who uses steroids just tell what they use and the amounts? 

would like to see your cycles

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2014, 06:28:24 PM »

would like to see your cycles
Well I had a Predator BMX with Mag Wheels like this one growing up.  A little older and it was white.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:18 PM »
Now I have a Beach Cruiser and Jezebelle has a matching one in turquoise.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2014, 06:32:38 PM »
The whole billion dollar bodybuilding/supplement industry would come crashing down if pro bodybuilders started openly admitting to using.
What about people on here or people not connected in any way to the "fitness industry"?

dustin

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
I used to hate natural liars too, but there's no advantage to coming clean. Even if everyone were to stand up and hold themselves accountable, the pay off is zilch. Now I'm beginning to understand why athletes can deny it so nonchalantly. I used to rage at the thought, but they're just looking out for their best interests.

Between us Getbiggers, if anyone has a head turning physique or athletic abilities far exceeding the rest, they're juiced to the gills. But if they stay under a gram of gear then they can claim natty. ;D

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2014, 06:37:51 PM »
busted last year after this show for using Anavar

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:03 PM »
Lots of pro athletes lies their asses off.

Richard Sherman broke the NFL drug rules.  Then he blamed a teammate for it.  Then he said "half the league does it".

Sometimes, pro athletes like these cheating bodybuilders or cornerbacks just make one shake their head.